one inch - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 8th, 2009, 7:39 pm Thread Starter

one inch

I upgraded from my 1985 k100 LT to a 1999 canyon red LTC with 10,000 miles last sept. I love the bike ! I am the third owner. The first owner bought it from hermy's in PA. He had ohlins installed on it and removed the center stand. He did not pass the center stand or ohlins manual and wrench along to the second owner.
I found info on shock set up but I feel the bike sits to low. I have reinstall the center stand and I drag it often. I do not think of myself as a sport rider.
When I have the bike on the center stand with the rear tire off the ground I see about one inch of gap between the bottom rubber bumper and the bottom of the shock body(one inch of chrome rod showing.) Should there be more?
The standard spring is on it 74/180

Thanks Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 9th, 2009, 5:24 pm Thread Starter

Re: one inch

When I look in the owners book the rear spring travel (bump) is 3.94 inch, spring travel rebound 1.18 inch for total travel of 5.12.
Looking at shock when it's on center stand I thought it should be extended more than a inch. Am i right to think this or am looking at this wrong?

Keith
post #3 of 3 Old Apr 9th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Re: one inch

I think the "standard" set-up from ohlins has the bike sitting a bit taller than stock(1"+/-) Could have been ordered shorter though I guess. The rear tire on my stock 08 is about an 1" off of the ground on the center stand. These guys should be able to help you with any shock info/suggestions. http://www.kyleusa.com/

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in