Sayegh Service Videos - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 9:24 pm Thread Starter

Sayegh Service Videos

I'm considering buying this set. I have a 36k service coming up & dont feel like parting with $1000 or so.

Are they worth the $$$ in doing the 36k service?

2005 Kawasaki Z750S
1999 BMW K1200LT
1972 Honda CL350

BMWMOA # 139202
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 9:30 pm

Re: Sayegh Service Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverhair
I'm considering buying this set. I have a 36k service coming up & dont feel like parting with $1000 or so.

I bought them last year an feel they definately paid for themselves. I would say yes, buy them. Helped me a great deal.

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by living_free
I bought them last year an feel they definately paid for themselves. I would say yes, buy them. Helped me a great deal.
Couldn't agree more.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]

post #4 of 18 Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:26 pm

Thumbs up Re: Sayegh Service Videos

I tend to learn better when I see something done rather than just reading about it. These DVDs have been worth every dime to me. I don't think you would be disappointed.

2007 R1200R

2000 K1200LT

1978 R100S (long gone, but not forgotten)
post #5 of 18 Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:51 pm

Some of the information in the video's does not apply to the newer models of LT's, especially the info on bleading brakes and changing the front pads, but I have to say the video's are well worth the money.
post #6 of 18 Old Apr 4th, 2009, 12:19 am

Add my endorsement as well. I've done all my services and refer to the video's often. I also have the BMW CD and the Clymer.

Dan
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue

; Nolan 103 Helmet w/Bluetooth;
;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),
; Clymer Manual; BMW Service DVD
post #7 of 18 Old Apr 4th, 2009, 12:35 am
Super Moderator

I lived by them during the first few services I did on my LTs. They are great, he should charge double!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #8 of 18 Old Apr 4th, 2009, 8:12 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
I lived by them during the first few services I did on my LTs. They are great, he should charge double!
Do they cover all 12 and 24 services required such as brake flush and valve adjustment?

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

post #9 of 18 Old Apr 4th, 2009, 5:50 pm

Quote:

Ed,

The local club in your area had a tech day today. See here http://www.bmwbmw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13859 . I'd be glad to help you do the valve check and or adjustment, as well brake flush. Read about the LT tech day in the north east forum here http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44563 .

Dave

2003 K1200LTC Titan Silver
BMWBMW, BMWMOA, AMA, IBA

post #10 of 18 Old Apr 5th, 2009, 2:31 am

The video's do show how to check the valve clearances, but do not go into the actually replacement of the buckets. He also does a brake flush, but the bike in the video is a 2001 I believe, and the procedure for doing the newer models is different. I think the videos are wonderful.
post #11 of 18 Old Apr 8th, 2009, 8:15 am Thread Starter

DaveH,

Man, I wish I coulda been at that tech day you guys have phots of.

Thanks for the offer on the valve job - I may very well take you up on it.

Now, I'm trying to sort thru a problem shifting. Seems to chronically resist down shifting, and just Monday, I got stuch in 2nd for a brief bit. I'm thiniking I might have air in the clutch lines, or bad shift linkage adjustment issues...

2005 Kawasaki Z750S
1999 BMW K1200LT
1972 Honda CL350

BMWMOA # 139202
post #12 of 18 Old Apr 8th, 2009, 9:05 am

IMO they are a huge help in performing your own maintenance. They money you save not have a dealer do you maintenance will pay for the videos many times over. I say buy them.

Have a great ride,

David
Dallas, TX
2006 K1200GT
BMWMOA 142756
post #13 of 18 Old Apr 8th, 2009, 12:26 pm

Quote:
Now, I'm trying to sort thru a problem shifting. Seems to chronically resist down shifting, and just Monday, I got stuch in 2nd for a brief bit. I'm thiniking I might have air in the clutch lines, or bad shift linkage adjustment issues...
Get that shift linkage sorted ASAP - it probably needs a good grease.
Got a feeling the linking job is actually on the vids
The vids are excellent, I barely picked up a wrench before seeing them. They gave me the confidence to do all servicing since.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

post #14 of 18 Old Apr 8th, 2009, 12:31 pm

Where do you get said videos and the beemer CD ?: Also do they make video for newere can bus RT models.

No matter where you go , there you are.
post #15 of 18 Old Apr 8th, 2009, 9:48 pm

Cool Re: Sayegh Service Videos

Does anyone have a older set of videos they would like to sell? My bike is a 2000 LT so even an older VCR set would be great. I do have the Clymer and a CD manual but things seem to go better when you can watch the video and have someone talk you through the procedures. Well maybe not as good as a Tech session but till one comes my way, I still have a few chores to get done.

Thanks,
John Jones
post #16 of 18 Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:11 pm

+ 1 on the videos

Diehly

Poke it through, tuck and roll
post #17 of 18 Old Apr 8th, 2009, 11:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00k1e
Get that shift linkage sorted ASAP - it probably needs a good grease.
Got a feeling the linking job is actually on the vids...
The shift linkage clean/repair job is indeed on the videos. He makes it look easy!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #18 of 18 Old Apr 9th, 2009, 6:00 pm Thread Starter

I got all 4 of them on order.

Here is the url: http://www.sayegh.org/bmw/service-video.htm

Thanks, all!

2005 Kawasaki Z750S
1999 BMW K1200LT
1972 Honda CL350

BMWMOA # 139202

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in