Diagnostic tool GS-911 USB - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Feb 1st, 2009, 10:22 am Thread Starter

Diagnostic tool GS-911 USB

I am considering purchasing this tool to use in conjuntion with my laptop. I have never had a problem with my BMW's, however my primary goal is to be able to reset the service minders. This update will be available for the GS-911 USB mid February 2009. Please share your experiences with this tool.

2008 K1200S 13,200km
2005 K1200LT 68,500km

Mike McIntosh
2005 K1200LT, 2008 K1200S
1998 K1200RS-sold May 2006
BMWMOA,BMWRA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Feb 1st, 2009, 1:05 pm

Re: Diagnostic tool GS-911 USB

I have had the USB model for a couple years. It works as advertised and they are regularly providing free firmware updates that are adding new model support or expanding the features for existing model support.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #3 of 8 Old Feb 1st, 2009, 8:45 pm

I'm happy with it, but find it anti-climatic. I think it needs to make a TA-DA! sound, or the like, when it's finished doing it's thang.

I've cleared fault codes on mine and other's bikes with it and diagnosed an O2 sensor that needed changing on an LT.

I anxiously await the updates Stephen is working on.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok

post #4 of 8 Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 8:16 am

This is something that piqued my interest awhile back, but I never really investigated it. The product's website says that only ABS codes and faults are supported for the LT, which is the main reason I didn't look further.

From the comments above, it sounds like it does more than that. Is there a better link, or could someone post a more comprehensive list?

Cheers,

Adam
2006 K1200LT 2001 Kawi KLR650
The
wants YOU!
post #5 of 8 Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:17 am
Wrencher Extraordinaire

It does all the Motronic checks for the engine codes too. You don't need it to reset ABS faults for the integral system as it is self clearing but it will show you all the stored faults and it will clear those out of memory.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #6 of 8 Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:21 am

It also will run and log real time (digital and analog) value's now. You can see just how everything is firing when the engine is running. It would make tuning with a PC-3 easier if you strapped your laptop to the bike and ran it down the road.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #7 of 8 Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
It also will run and log real time (digital and analog) value's now. You can see just how everything is firing when the engine is running. It would make tuning with a PC-3 easier if you strapped your laptop to the bike and ran it down the road.
Hey Grif,

Have you confirmed that is functional on the LT?

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #8 of 8 Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 1:23 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffklt
Hey Grif,

Have you confirmed that is functional on the LT?
Not Grif but yes it does do that as of this last update.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in