Still Amazed - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jan 15th, 2006, 2:19 pm Thread Starter

Cool Still Amazed

I have had my LT now for eleven months, and it still amazes me and many others especialy those that ride. My LT is an 03 which at the time of purchase it had 6700 miles on the odo. it now has around 25700. Most places I stop it attracts much attention, many from riders that are not familar with the LT. The conversation always goes to where are you from and where are you going and leads into how many miles on the LT. the response to the numbers are shocking to most, they usually admit to having a couple of thousand miles on thier ride, which is a couple of years old. They usually ask how can you ride that much?

I attended the tech session at Griffs which was about 500 miles from home and it was a joy to ride there, and even more fun riding home, with the adjustments to valves, bike performed better than it ever had. Gas milage went from 38 to 45 mpg and I wont admit to how fast I was going but I made it to Houston in two hours from Griffs. I was tired when I left, after a full day on the floor at Griffs. When I headed out on I-10 I was rejuvinated and really worked up. It was after midnight before I could sleep.

I am anxious to return home to ride more. I have had many hobbies, and the LT is beyond hobby, it is a Passion.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 9:55 am

Hey NOGILLS2, glad you made it home OK (and quickly). I agree with you, I am still amazed and I have only been a LT rider for a month. I find myself in the house doing different things and my mind is wandering outside to the bike and thinking about going for a ride. Last week I was with a Goldwing and we stopped for some BBQ about 60 miles from home. Now, this Wing has STUFF on it. I mean LIGHTS!!!!!!! We were inside eating and an older couple (older than me is called older) came in and asked who was on the "green" bike. Then he asked (get this) "is that a Harley? It is really neat looking". He never even mentioned the Wing.
Guess I gotta go and take a ride.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 10:29 am

Yesterday Karen and I did a 300 mile loop and at 34F we were getting a little chill and stopped for espresso.......................................... ....................
Older woman going blah, blah, blah, blah..........she finally left......................
then came back in and said "that's not a motorcycle, that's a work of art."

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 20th, 2006, 3:28 pm Thread Starter

Need to add this to what I appreciate about the LT

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #5 of 5 Old Jan 20th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Gets in your blood..

I hear ya, gets in your blood better than The River.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in