I need help! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 6:42 pm Thread Starter

I need help!

OK guys, I need your help one more time. I am putting the tupperware back on my 02 LT. There is a wire on the right side near the location of the power outlet on the left side. It is the same color as the power outlet and in The same spot only on the right side. The connector looks the same as the power outlet also. I don't remember taking it off when I disassembled the plastic about 2 weeks ago. Do you know what this is. I am guessing that it is a power outlet spare wire if you choose to install an outlet on the right side.

HELP!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 6:45 pm

Re: I need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbeemer
OK guys, I need your help one more time. I am putting the tupperware back on my 02 LT. There is a wire on the right side near the location of the power outlet on the left side. It is the same color as the power outlet and in The same spot only on the right side. The connector looks the same as the power outlet also. I don't remember taking it off when I disassembled the plastic about 2 weeks ago. Do you know what this is. I am guessing that it is a power outlet spare wire if you choose to install an outlet on the right side.

HELP!!
Bingo - give that feller a ceegar!!!

Yep, some folks have drilled out the tupperware at the matching location and inserted a Powerlet receptacle there. I've always wondered why the factory didn't just put one in, but.......
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 6:54 pm Thread Starter

Thank you for responding so quickly. Now I can finish the reassembly this evening.

This forum is the best, thanks again

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 8:25 pm
Enjoy The Ride

Good quick reply Dick. I know the wire your talking about & never even thought to ask about it. Now I know what it's for. I just love this forum.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 12:26 pm

Thumbs up Re: I need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbeemer

HELP!!
Congrats....you got the right answer real quick.

I just thought I'd add that since I NEVER use the outlet on the left, I leave it disconnected like the right side is. It makes removing the tupperware much faster/easier. I guess I'm a bit lazy. LOL

This is the best board on the net, hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Vern

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in