1st sunny day and the LT effect - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 8:15 pm Thread Starter

Cool 1st sunny day and the LT effect

We had our first completely sunny day in ages (tomorrow rain starts again..), so yesterday I packed the top case (budget is still recovering, the case bag liners are still in the wishlist) with clothes and yesterday after dinner I zoomed to the countryside. This morning I woke up and enjoyed a full day of riding! hurray! (pathetic, I know..) Well, Trinity performs great. I gave her some slab, some back roads, some twisties (and along the way the LT effect came to be and I found myself in spain..). This is probably the only place where someone else can relate to the feeling that accompanies utter bliss one can achieve while riding.
As I have to take Trinity to the 800.. I mean 600 mile service they'll be needing to address two issues: the audio on the speakers sometimes gets bad (like bad radio reception, but while on a cd) and the inside of the lid of the oddments box is coming unglued, and that makes outward pressure on th elid and it doesn't close right. I also noticed a slight lean to the left, but I think that might be my fault, so I will have to be on the lookout to see how it goes.
Heated seat rocks! Man, I didn't know what I was missing! (One thing my wrist is now reminding me is "where's my throttle rocker?" )

Sorry for the "feel good" childish post, but in the middle of the FD, slave cylinder, and burn out posts, I thought I should bring my contribution

Ride safe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0019.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	21481   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0033.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	21482   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	21483   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	21484  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:33 pm

Re: 1st sunny day and the LT effect

Looking good, Felipe. Many more safe rides in your future. Can sure tell you're enjoying Trinity!!

Best regards.
post #3 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 11:20 pm

Trinity is beautiful! Those pictures bring back memories - thanks for sharing!

Ray "Razman"

2004 BMW K1200LTE - Rosie (As in Whole Lotta Rosie)
1996 HD Sportster XLH883 Hugger (sold)
1986 Honda Interceptor VF500F (sold)

Your chosen perspective changes everything. - Unknown Author

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit." - Aristotle; 384-322 BC, Greek Philosopher and Scientist

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 11:47 am Thread Starter

Thanks guys.

Ray, you can take Trinity for a spin around the country when you are here. I can't ride during weekdays (and you are more than welcome to take her on a weekend as well ). By the time you are here she'll have a bakup backrest and a throttle rocker so no wrist/back issues.

Ride safe
post #5 of 9 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 2:33 pm

Garage

Great stuff Filipe

Today I also took the scoot out for a ride, although quite short (1 hour) because here it's still cold and raining. I only took her out to remove the dust, thanks to the rain that washed out the seasonal ice from the road surface.

I hope for warmer temperatures in the morning, or I won't use the bike to go to work for a another month... I can ride with rain and cold weather, but riding on icy roads with an LT is really looking for troubles

'12 R 1200 RT
'06 K 1200 LT (sold)
'05 Cagiva Navigator 1000 (sold)
'90 Kawasaki ZX10 (sold)
'82 Moto Guzzi V35 II (sold)
'82 Benelli Export 3V
post #6 of 9 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 5:59 pm

Smile Re: 1st sunny day and the LT effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrado68
Great stuff Filipe

Today I also took the scoot out for a ride, although quite short (1 hour) because here it's still cold and raining. I only took her out to remove the dust, thanks to the rain that washed out the seasonal ice from the road surface.

I hope for warmer temperatures in the morning, or I won't use the bike to go to work for a another month... I can ride with rain and cold weather, but riding on icy roads with an LT is really looking for troubles
You guy's are making me jealous . We have about 3ft of snow here . This the longest I have gone with out riding since I bought Brutus . Worst it is cold, -20c at night. I hope that we get our usual January thaw so that I can wash him off & take him for a ride. Happy & Safe riding
post #7 of 9 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 6:19 pm Thread Starter

It's about time someone makes a snowmachine conversion kit for the LT. I can see market for a drop-in wheel replacement. Two skis in place of the front tyre and a belt "tyre" for the back. Any financial backing for this project?
post #8 of 9 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 8:01 pm

Garage

Someone is already selling that kind of conversion kits.

I saw them at the 2008 Milan Motorcycle Show but didn't find a web reference to post here... they had Transformed an Husqvarna motorbike into a fast snow machine and since Husqvarna is now owned by BMW, they might soon cover the bimmer models, too

The bike looked somehow like the two following:

'12 R 1200 RT
'06 K 1200 LT (sold)
'05 Cagiva Navigator 1000 (sold)
'90 Kawasaki ZX10 (sold)
'82 Moto Guzzi V35 II (sold)
'82 Benelli Export 3V
post #9 of 9 Old Jan 19th, 2009, 10:04 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphysicist
Thanks guys.

Ray, you can take Trinity for a spin around the country when you are here. I can't ride during weekdays (and you are more than welcome to take her on a weekend as well ). By the time you are here she'll have a bakup backrest and a throttle rocker so no wrist/back issues.

Ride safe
Thanks for the offer, Felipe!

I may just take you up on that, but it won't be for another few years, I guess. Barring any emergencies, I have no plans to come over in the foreseeable future.

Then again, one never knows what tomorrow brings!

Ray "Razman"

2004 BMW K1200LTE - Rosie (As in Whole Lotta Rosie)
1996 HD Sportster XLH883 Hugger (sold)
1986 Honda Interceptor VF500F (sold)

Your chosen perspective changes everything. - Unknown Author

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit." - Aristotle; 384-322 BC, Greek Philosopher and Scientist

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in