This site really WORKS, so much help from you Guys. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 8:11 pm Thread Starter

This site really WORKS, so much help from you Guys.

Just wanted to share a bit happiness with you guys & Girls

Even i have done so much for cars i.e. changing engine's with out manuals but when it comes to bikes all what seems to be strait forward issues,,are not.

Simple thing like changing front Brake pads to my 04 LT was not (in the beginning) easy.
I have BMW brake cylinder and oh boy i was buzzled,,how in earth to change pads, it seems to be just open 2 holding screws and turn and bend and have whole thing in my hand,, easy,,,nooooooooooo
sat there and looked, it wont come off,, tyre rim is so close that it just dont bend and come out,,what to do,,what to do

Well, sitting and lookiing,, then came a idea to remove the tyre,,good idea but dont have anything to put under the bike as normal car jacks dont fit(Manual one's) so that idea was doomed
Sat again abt 10 more minutes,,,came back to house and do the search in here,,front brake pads remove procedures,, and what you know,,,abt 26 topic's, how easy the thing's are now days, even the person like me, with limited bike service experience can do it,,

So read all of them and got idea, back to garage, lucky in Thailand temps are nice almost year around..

So went to garage and started again, easy, very easy i thought,, but why the the pin dont come out(Pin holding the pads in place)
Darn looked and tryed,tryed and looked, no, it is loose but wont come out what the heck,,,then thinking mode again.

put my fingers inside and checking what is there,, maybe there is something what holds it in place and what you know,, HEUREKA there is this tiny small safety pin what is holding it,so AFTER i removed that it took abt 10minutes to change both side pads.

How easy thing's are now days, little bit study and internet connection, everything is possible.

but one question is still in my head,, why US bikes has Activated charcoal filter and Euro bikes don's?, can it be removed with out side effect's as I want to install Air compressor to that department.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 8:40 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: This site really WORKS, so much help from you Guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1200LT-TH
why US bikes has Activated charcoal filter and Euro bikes don's?, can it be removed with out side effect's as I want to install Air compressor to that department.
Yes you can remove canister, theseinstructions will help

Stevie Shreeve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in