Bad news!!!! This is the last year of the LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:06 am Thread Starter

Bad news!!!! This is the last year of the LT

Just came back from the bike show>>they said that this is the last year they are making the LT>>>they do not know anymore details...I made sure i asked 3 times..its a sad day>>>please tell me they are wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:32 am

Re: Bad news!!!! This is the last year of the LT

Time to buy a new on...Glad I got mine.
post #3 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:39 am

Where was that bike show ???

post #4 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:43 am Thread Starter

it was in Edmonton Canada!!!
post #5 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:47 am

Those Canadians don't know what they are talking about...I think the -40 windchill this past week got them a bit loco
post #6 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 12:03 pm

My cousin lives next door to a BMW Auto Rep. He stated to me that he has heard through his co-workers that BMW has stopped production of the LT and does not plan to offer another. The 09 will be the last one of the line.

2009 K1300GT Blue
2003 K1200LT Titan Silver
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Suzuki DRZ 250 off road
1979 Honda CBX 1000 (6 cyl) Sounds like a Jet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 12:17 pm

Oh well, glad I already own a GT!!!!!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 12:51 pm

Time to sell my '06 & move to a Vision...
post #9 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Good for us! They'll become classics and appreciate in value.

Life happens...you control your reaction.

2017 KTM 350 EXC-F (single track monster)
2018 Honda CRF250L Rally (fun on the fire roads)
2015 R1200 RT (holy cow…what a bike)
2007 K1200 LT (sold)
2005 DR 650 (sold)
2002 Harley Ultra (sold)
1999 Harley Road King (sold)
1996 K1100 LT (sold)
1990 Honda Shadow (sold)
1978-1993 Raising Kids; Paying Mortgages
1975 Honda CB550 (sold but wish I still had)
Homemade Motor Bike (mounted a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton on my bicycle at age 12)
post #10 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 1:29 pm

That is really sad news. I really enjoy the LT and was looking forward to a new model. Guess it's RT time or maybe a Goldwing or HD.

Have a great ride,

David
Dallas, TX
2006 K1200GT
BMWMOA 142756
post #11 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 1:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150
Just came back from the bike show>>they said that this is the last year they are making the LT>>>they do not know anymore details...I made sure i asked 3 times..its a sad day>>>please tell me they are wrong
Ok, "They are wrong". Happy?
post #12 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 1:41 pm

Cool Re: Bad news!!!! This is the last year of the LT

The fact (or not) that this is the last year of the LT, Is in no way any kind of indication that there will not be a touring replacement model from BMW.

Toby in New York
1983 R80RT Red (sold)
'03 R1200CLC (T-boned and replaced with)
'04 R1200CL Sidestand problem, BMW traded me for
'05 K1200LT. Goldie, Priceless
Lusting after K1600 GTL
post #13 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 1:46 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150
Let the uninformed hysteria of the internet begin.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #14 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 1:57 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Aw, c'mon. No need to let facts get in the way of a good story.

We can all rest assurred that the people who run the road show for BMW know exactly what AG is planning.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #15 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 2:09 pm
Gold Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy

We can all rest assurred that the people who run the road show for BMW know exactly what AG is planning.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #16 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 2:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiwan
The fact (or not) that this is the last year of the LT, Is in no way any kind of indication that there will not be a touring replacement model from BMW.
I totally agree. I can not believe that BMW is gonna give a free hand to Honda (GW) in that motor segment
post #17 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 3:09 pm

The only thing that make me believe that this could be real is that BMW just came out with 3 new models this year to replace the GT, R, and S and they did not close out the relaced models with a black only color such as they did with the LT. It will be interesting to see what happens.

2009 K1300GT Blue
2003 K1200LT Titan Silver

2004 Suzuki DRZ 250 off road
1979 Honda CBX 1000 (6 cyl) Sounds like a Jet...
post #18 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 4:15 pm

Garage

I just got mine and I'm not going to buy another soon, so I have time to wait for the new stuff that AG will put on the market.

Let's see what happens

'12 R 1200 RT
'06 K 1200 LT (sold)
'05 Cagiva Navigator 1000 (sold)
'90 Kawasaki ZX10 (sold)
'82 Moto Guzzi V35 II (sold)
'82 Benelli Export 3V
post #19 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 6:16 pm

Apparently they stopped production 18 months ago. Since then, all sales have come from stock.
post #20 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 7:42 pm

I heard that one back in 2002 when I got Andromeda, and strangely enough, 6 years later I got another LT..
post #21 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 8:22 pm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
No doubt! Show booth dweebs are only slightly more informed than cockroaches that live in the bathroom at BMW corporate. Why would BMW have wasted 2 of their top reps' time sending them to CCR to gather customer feedback on possible features on a new luxury touring model if they weren't already building one?

Look out, the sky is falling!!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #22 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 9:25 pm

This means that next year will be the first year of the newest generation touring bike.

Perhaps more displacement, HP, and torque, along with a lower CG?
post #23 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:06 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Cool Re: Bad news!!!! This is the last year of the LT

My wrench met with BMWNA in Vegas recently and they were told the '09 was the last of this generation. There are about 450 in crates in the US and there will not be a new one until the stock is gone. That is about one years supply of LTs. So, late 2010 is the earliest anything new could be expected.
Personally, I will be getting an '09 in the next two weeks so I am doing my part to move on to the next one. My recent thread, " I am stupid too" gives the reason for replacing my never dropped '05 with 79,000 on her.

Benton Blalock
"I ride.....the bike doesn't"

'18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure SportDCT
'12 Kawi KLR 650 "Dirty" - traded in
'08 LT Black "Fireball" 113,000+ miles(RIP- transmission - may be seen on the road again)
'05 LT Yeller er Gold? "Ophelia"(RIP- fire) 80,000 miles
'04 R12CLC (RIP- hurricane) 36,000 miles
230,000+ BMW miles
'Rounder'
post #24 of 110 Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Just means they gave up on fixing the trunk latch, engine and trany seal leaks, leaking slave cylinders and FD blowing up.

New model called a DT, Dependable Tourer, using an HD top box, HD clutch with a chrome Muse-Trap, HD swing arm and HD belt--lots of chrome as options.

Best from Tucson
Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
post #25 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 12:52 am

Sold my '03 LT with 50,000 miles on it in '07 in anticipation for a new version. Road my FRJ1300 until last summer when I sold it and went with a Victory Vision. Obviously a very different type of scooter than the LT, but I thought it might be a fun change until the new LT were to come out, but I've been less than impressed with the VV. Love the styling, but for me, it just isn't the bike for me, so I'm selling it with 400 miles on it. Now I'm looking at the GT - both the '08 and '09. Don't know if I can justify the 4 to 6k more for an '09, but part of the fun is going through the paces in the decision. So I'm here, reading the posts in an attempt to help make my decision.

So not to add to the rumors, but when on the phone with the local BMW dealer asking about when they would be seeing the '09 GT's, I asked about the LT. He claimed that it is going to remain as is thru 2011 with no plans beyond. Now knowing how tight lipped BWM is with any of their products and plans, I take this with a huge grain of salt, but I thought I'd throw it out non the less.
post #26 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 1:13 am

My dealer attended the BMW NA annual dealer's convention in Las Vegas this week. BMW is keeping mum except for the following tid bits;

BMW is positioning itself with emphasis on performance. A plethora of new big horsepower, performance models are in the pipeline. BMW is going after the youthful rider market which has a big demographic foot print.

BMW will put the next generation touring bike on the back burner. Expect a monster tour bike with possibly a six cylinder motor and 1800-2000 cc's with a roll out in the 2011 model year.

Today, I bought from my dealer a 3 month old pristine loaded 2009 LT with 2900 miles for about $3,500 below the cost of a new LT. It had been traded in on a R1200 RT. I will ride it for two years then sell it and buy the next generation LT. I really like the design and amenities of the K12LT! It has ten years of product refinement, and it is a good design to begin with. Also, the first year of any new model will have teething problems, so I'll wait for those to get worked out. Anyway, thats my plan!

Curiously, the BMW dealers in Califonia will not offer any price incentives on the remaining 2009 LT's...for the time being.
post #27 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 6:42 am

Other than a hundred and six buttons and switches and an adjustable hole in the windscreen....Honda make a pretty smooth sewing machine.
post #28 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 8:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphysicist
I heard that one back in 2002 when I got Andromeda, and strangely enough, 6 years later I got another LT..
I don't know if you knew that BMW makes different bike models in production slots, not all year round. Certain time of the year is / was reserved for LT and the bikes were produced according to sales estimates. In many cases the demand of certain models was bigger than the production capacity and in smaller market areas (like Finland) the factory actually decides how many bikes will be sold the following year.

In any case, please check when was your new bike actually produced. I would be surprised if the production date would be in 2008 as I have heard from many sources thet the last LTs were produced in 2007. The VIN code should tell it.

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

Pictures of various farkle projects:

post #29 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 8:11 am

Thumbs down Re: Bad news!!!! This is the last year of the LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuster
Other than a hundred and six buttons and switches and an adjustable hole in the windscreen....Honda make a pretty smooth sewing machine.

I agree and with a multitude of Honda dealers, more HP, great network of clubs to offer support and riding opportunities, looks like BMW is following a questionable market path followed by Yamaha when they dropped their popular Venture which later turned into a HD clone. I too am disappointed about hearing the LT may follow the fate of the Venture (a another great bike ahead of it's time, of which I owned three), but feel it probably is a market decision made on numbers and "projected" sales. They want to appeal to the power sport market, not the long distance lux-touring market.

I hope they re-evaluate their decision at some time in the future and won't give up on BMW. We still enjoy the LT and will ride it until we get the itch to try something different. We joined the local GW club last year, and enjoy friends in both worlds, which aren't that far apart.

Being of German ancestry, the decision not to continue to LT surprises me as they enjoy power, fast, and comfort in their cars; so why this didn't carry over to the motorcycle side is a puzzle indeed.

Gary & Mary Droege
1999 K1200LT
2008 K1200LT

"Life ain't about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce."
post #30 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 9:23 am

BMW may well drop the LT, but they will replace it with something. It may not look like an LT or may not even be called an LT but there will be something. Remember when the new RT came out, they stopped production on the current RT but they could not say hey here is what we're going to replace it with, because then nobody would but the current stock. So that's where we are, and its going to be a while. We just have to buy up all the old obsolete ones.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
post #31 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 9:44 am

I have a cousin of a friend, who is distantly related to my wifes sisters 3rd husband, who lived in Germany until yesterday....He is a BMW motorcycle enthusiast/owner and his next door neighbor's brother-in-law's uncle, who was a German pilot in WW II and is now a janitor at the factory in Berlin, says he has confirmed the story. In addition to his janitorial duties he is the sole person responsible for stamping the VIN plates on ALL BMW motorcycles. He confirmed that he and he alone stamped the last K1200LT VIN plate on April 1st of 2007. BTW, for those wondering it was for a BLACK 2009 LT, as that was the color they had the most of as of that date as well as enough engine and tupperware parts to complete the final LT.

So, thankfully we can put this rumor to rest, as we now finally have difinative proof of the cancellation of the LT and its possible replacement.

Thank God for family.....

'07 FLHTCU-POSE .......Black
'02 K1200LT-E ...........Titan Silver-Sold
post #32 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 10:21 am

I think you brother's uncle's sister is related to my father's aunt's cousin who once saw the wife's second removed babysitter for the CEO of BMW on a snowy August day in Intercourse, Pennsylvania. ( http://www.800padutch.com/intercourse.shtml ) At that time he said BMW would never stop building the LT because his great grandmothers grandmother's name was Elsie and that is really close to LT when you hear her name pronounced under water.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
post #33 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 10:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by WimLT
I totally agree. I can not believe that BMW is gonna give a free hand to Honda (GW) in that motor segment
Why not? Kawasaki and others had no problem dropping this segment of the market and remaining profitable. As much as I love my LT, and I mean to keep it until it is dead, I don't think any bike produced in the low numbers that LTs and the old Voyagers were is really a competitive presence in the market
post #34 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 10:55 am
Super Moderator

Well, at least everyone is getting a consistent message from show to show... NOT!

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43746

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #35 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 11:32 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdroege
Being of German ancestry, the decision not to continue to LT surprises me as they enjoy power, fast, and comfort in their cars; so why this didn't carry over to the motorcycle side is a puzzle indeed.
But it does. The LT is plenty powerful, very quick through the twisty stuff for a bike it's size, and extremely comfortable for all-day touring.

And the new Slant/4 bikes are all that and so much more . . .

You can read all you want, talk to your grandmother's German baby-sitter's third cousin, or just take what your dealer tells you on faith. But in the end, only BMW knows for sure what they're gonna do, and they're not telling.

Personally, I'm going with the theory that they're gonna keep selling the pre-built '09 bikes for the next year or so, then come out with an all new design once the economy settles down and folks start looking at large luxury purchases again instead of looking for a job.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #36 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 1:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkimmel2
Why not? Kawasaki and others had no problem dropping this segment of the market and remaining profitable. As much as I love my LT, and I mean to keep it until it is dead, I don't think any bike produced in the low numbers that LTs and the old Voyagers were is really a competitive presence in the market
I don't know about the US, but here in Europe it's big competition for the GW
post #37 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 1:20 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy

I rest my case. This thread was begun from what was said at the road show in Edmonton. Here is a thread started by someone at the NY road show.

Edit (from the department of redundancy department): Oops, I failed to read David's post above before posting this reply

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #38 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 1:30 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Personally, I'm going with the theory that they're gonna keep selling the pre-built '09 bikes for the next year or so, then come out with an all new design once the economy settles down and folks start looking at large luxury purchases again instead of looking for a job.
I'll hook up with that theory as well, though I think the remaining stock of black LTs will be gone before the summer is over. Their focus right now is on the launch of the new new K1300 and subsequent launch of the K1000. They also may be waiting to see what becomes of the new GoldWing beginning production in Japan next year, with the 2009 model being the last from the Marysville plant.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #39 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 2:28 pm

I read that a couple of guys here were looking at the Victory Vision to replace their K1200LTE -- the Vision is not a replacement for the KLT IMHO. I bought a brand new 03 K1200LTE in 2003, and we love it. I bought a 2008 Victory Vision in December 2007. We rode the Vision from Atlanta to Mena, Arkansas and back, about a 2,000 mile loop and there wasn't an interstate mile that I wasn't wishing to be on my K1200LTE. The Vision is a looker and draws a crowd in any parking lot, but it isn't the refined bike the KLT is. We will still ride the Vision on 500 mile rides, but the KLT will be rolled out for the long rides.
post #40 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 11:16 pm

How many years will it take there marketing people to figure out that an "RT" with a "K" motor in it is what the doctor needs??

Later Steve A

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
BMW may well drop the LT, but they will replace it with something. It may not look like an LT or may not even be called an LT but there will be something. Remember when the new RT came out, they stopped production on the current RT but they could not say hey here is what we're going to replace it with, because then nobody would but the current stock. So that's where we are, and its going to be a while. We just have to buy up all the old obsolete ones.
post #41 of 110 Old Jan 18th, 2009, 11:56 pm

whenisell is right. I had an '03 LT that I logged 50k miles on, and sold when I moved from MN to AZ. (had an FJR1300 too which I recently sold) While waiting on a new LT to be made, I thought I'd go a different route and get a Victory Vision. Great lines to the bike, but I didn't expect it to be anything like the LT, but rather a more refined Harley. Bought in October and am selling it - just not the bike for me. So now I'm looking at the GT - both the '08 and '09.
post #42 of 110 Old Jan 19th, 2009, 2:13 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea2980
How many years will it take there marketing people to figure out that an "RT" with a "K" motor in it is what the doctor needs??
I'm in. Seriously, where do I sign?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #43 of 110 Old Jan 19th, 2009, 7:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
I'm in. Seriously, where do I sign?
K-xxxx-RT? Me three.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
post #44 of 110 Old Jan 19th, 2009, 8:27 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreeze
So now I'm looking at the GT - both the '08 and '09.
Not sure that it will last much longer than the Victory

If you're just like me, neither the GT nor the RT would fill the hole that an LT opens when you move away from it. One is too sporty (great bike, but not as comfy as an LT) and the other is a great tourer but... well, if you don't like boxer engines, you'll never love it in full.

'12 R 1200 RT
'06 K 1200 LT (sold)
'90 Kawasaki ZX10 (sold)
'82 Benelli Export 3V
post #45 of 110 Old Jan 19th, 2009, 6:51 pm

A buddy of mine just picked up an '09 and the salesman, (a good friend of ours), told him that BMWNA's computer is only showing about 19 bikes, (LTs), still in warehouses in the US. There are obviously bikes in dealers across the country.

George Barnes
'06 K1200LT
'01 K1200LT, totaled with 180,000 miles, 10/18/07,

'97, '99, '01, '05, '07 & '09 Iron Butt Rallies, (won the '99)
IBA#146

post #46 of 110 Old Jan 19th, 2009, 7:51 pm

I just returned from the dealership where I test rode an '08 GT. Reminded me a lot of the FJR1300 I had in regard to ergonomics, but the engine felt stronger. It was a blast to ride, but perhaps again a bit too much of a sport position than I think I want. Re-considering an RT as it is more of an upright position, but even considering an LT again. The dealer is selling their new bikes at $100 over cost and the LT at $1,000 UNDER cost. (yes, it is an '09) they must just not have the demand for the LT and want to move the one they have. It might go to what the prior post about the inventory is...

So now I'm even more undecided than ever. Love the power of the GT, like the seating position and how light the RT feels for a "touring" bike, but have always loved the LT. (although I'm not as fond of the black color - I loved the silver of my '03 - it showed the lines of the bike and hid the road and rain grime when touring)

So opinions are again welcome...as I "sleep" on it for a while...

Scott
post #47 of 110 Old Jan 19th, 2009, 8:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea2980

Later Steve A

And kill two markets with one bike? Shirley you jest!

....BTW, yer right......

Ride On!

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"

'13 SILVA K1600GTL
post #48 of 110 Old Jan 19th, 2009, 10:07 pm

Can't imagine having a black anything in central and southern AZ--way too much dust. Unless, you enjoy washing or cleaning your LT after each ride.

Bob, 0h 0h Leaky Type, metallic dust color

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
post #49 of 110 Old Jan 19th, 2009, 11:11 pm

Quote:
I just returned from the dealership where I test rode an '08 GT. Reminded me a lot of the FJR1300 I had in regard to ergonomics, but the engine felt stronger. It was a blast to ride, but perhaps again a bit too much of a sport position than I think I want. Re-considering an RT as it is more of an upright position, but even considering an LT again. The dealer is selling their new bikes at $100 over cost and the LT at $1,000 UNDER cost. (yes, it is an '09) they must just not have the demand for the LT and want to move the one they have. It might go to what the prior post about the inventory is...

So now I'm even more undecided than ever. Love the power of the GT, like the seating position and how light the RT feels for a "touring" bike, but have always loved the LT. (although I'm not as fond of the black color - I loved the silver of my '03 - it showed the lines of the bike and hid the road and rain grime when touring)

Scott

From reading and then re-reading your post I read LT... It seems to be what your writing keeps going back to.....Good Luck..........Pete

Oh yeah I'll take a KXXXXRT in candy red please
post #50 of 110 Old Jan 20th, 2009, 2:00 am

Garage

Quote:
Scott,

I had the opportunity to test ride for several days the RT and I had the GT for a whole week-end. I loved them both, but as you discovered with the GT, there's always some reason to consider them "almost" perfect, while I never had this "incomplete" feeling with the LT

'12 R 1200 RT
'06 K 1200 LT (sold)
'90 Kawasaki ZX10 (sold)
'82 Benelli Export 3V

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in