Zumo To Autovox - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jan 13th, 2009, 11:28 pm Thread Starter

Zumo To Autovox

I recently purchased a 2005 LT and am trying to get the communications system set up. I got an Autocom 300 Pro-Due and intend to buy a Zumo 550. I have questions about how the Zumo Bluetooth is set up to work through the Autocom. Anybody have that setup??

Many thanks!

ronfranks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jan 14th, 2009, 1:34 am

Re: Zumo To Autovox

I wouldn't call it perfect but it does work. It requires two adaptors, one of which is Autocomms Bluetooth adaptor. If someone doesn't post the needed part numbers I'll look it up for you. I believe I originally found the info on Autocomms web site. There is an instruction sheet that covers it all. There is also a lot of good info posted on the Zumo owners user group site.
Okay, part numbers: #1314 Audio adaptor for music/GPS and either #1273 or #1276 Bluetooth adaptor depending on which Autocomm unit you have. One adaptor requires the newer unit with power out, the other requires a connection to the battery. See Autocomms website under 'Adaptors' for instructions and hook up choices.

Last edited by mjordans2000; Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:54 am.
post #3 of 7 Old Jan 14th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Garmin has just announced the Zumo 660 coming out, Available: 1st Quarter, 2009.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=135&pID=15000

post #4 of 7 Old Jan 15th, 2009, 9:29 am

I would suggest a Autocom bluetooth adapter #1273 and a stereo isolation cord part #1314, Here is how it works......

1. pair the zumo with the autocom dongle (make sure the zumo is in the mode so that the audio from the cell goes only to bluetooth when the phone is on)
8 NOTE THE DONGLE GOES INTO AUX 1 AND IS POWERED BY THAT PORT

2. pair your cell phone with the zumo

3. run the lead 1314 to the primary input of the Superpro avi (2 or 3)

How this will function: By configuring the system this way it will function like this.

A: When playing the mp3 on the zumo, navigating, or using the xm radio on the zumo all functions will come out of the normal hard wired port on the zumo into your autocom, when the phone rings the zumo will mute all of these functions and show you the phone call information on the screen.
If you chose to answer the call the autocom will mute all other inputs you may have (radar, zumo audio, etc) but the cell call will come through the bluetooth dongle and you conversation will function normally.

Call me if you have other questions.........I am Autocom Dealer and would be glad to help. Kieth 918-446-2245 emial [email protected]
post #5 of 7 Old Jan 15th, 2009, 9:34 am

Thumbs up Re: Zumo To Autocom

P.S. there are other ways to do this but this method leaves the functions of the autocom alone without any modifications to the autocom, the other ways mean a dealer has to go in and modify some circuits which I can do but prefer not to since one would lose priotization functions that you may need at a future date......................
post #6 of 7 Old Jan 15th, 2009, 9:22 pm Thread Starter

Keith, thanks for your response!! Exactly what I needed to know.

All the best,

ronfranks
post #7 of 7 Old Jan 15th, 2009, 10:12 pm

Keith is describing the same procedure I pointed to. As he says, this is the current and cleanest approach. The dealer modifcation methods involve things like disabling the mute function. The Autocomm Blue tooth adaptor (1273 or 1276) does this for you. With standard cabling the big problem is every time you talk the standard muting function cuts the phone volume. Follow the instructions on Autocomms site and you'll have an okay system. You might have to try the bluetooth connection process a couple of times, it's a little tricky, but does work. Note that because both the Zumo and Autocomm unit are bluetooth you're actually connecting to two devices plus the phone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in