Thank you past posters - Broken Exhaust flange - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Jan 8th, 2009, 11:10 pm Thread Starter

Thank you past posters - Broken Exhaust flange

I had a very ugly noise develop while on a long trip. Returning home and knowing that my 02 k12lt was toast. I am happy to report that I just dropped the exhaust and one of the flanges is broken. Feeling pretty good that after getting it welded and bolted back on. I will be back on the road soon. i have yet to come across anything that I have not been able to find the fix for on this site. Most of the time a few quick searches and reading for hours ( I tend to get lost in the stories ) I am able to fix it on my own. You are the best group of riders I know. I feel bad that I have missed the last 3 CCRs. Maybe this year will work out better. Again thanks for everything y'all do to make this the best source for information on these bikes.

ps: anyone have a headlight they want to sell let me know. Also listed in the classifieds. Rock got mine while out on the road. 8700+ miles one headlight, set of tires, battery and a broken exhaust flange. ouch! When it rains it pours, but still had the time of life.

Mitch Tucker
2002 K1200LTC
1989 K100RS (Needing engine replaced)
1994 FXR, S&S 113

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in