Heated Pillion seat - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jan 8th, 2009, 5:31 am Thread Starter

Heated Pillion seat

I am looking for a heated OEM pillion seat and backrest for my wife. I haven't been able to find my answer via the search sooooooooo: What year seats will fit my 2000 LT? Are there year specific pillion back rests also? I noticed on the beemerboneyard site they list pre-2005 and the 2005 & later so I figured a 2005 rear seat won't fit a 2000 but I figured I will ask the experts.

Thanks.

Sean

2007 R1200R

2000 K1200LT

1978 R100S (long gone, but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jan 8th, 2009, 9:36 am

Re: Heated Pillion seat

The front seat the 99-2004 is what will work, the 2005 and later are narrower,
I don't think there's any difference at all in any of the rear seats

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #3 of 8 Old Jan 8th, 2009, 10:01 am

Wink Re: Heated Pillion seat

Like Hans said, I am pretty sure the pillion seat is the same throughout the year range. They did narrow the front seat on the later models to make it easier for folks to handle if they are not long legged.

If you get desperate for a pillions seat drop us a PM. we have a heated one up here, but it has some minor damage to the seat pan which you could overcome with your existing seat pan. The upholstery and "Soft Style" cushioning are fine.

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old Jan 8th, 2009, 10:11 am

The rear or pilllon seats on 99-present fit your bike. If you haven't looked here (http://www.ibmwr.org/market/) you can try it periodically. Also, I would put an add on this web site to try to find one. Ebay is always an option, as is beemerboneyard, or Tony from this site at LTparts.com.
post #5 of 8 Old Jan 8th, 2009, 2:14 pm Thread Starter

Thanks folks. The knowledge base and willingness to help is truly amazing on this site.

Sean

2007 R1200R

2000 K1200LT

1978 R100S (long gone, but not forgotten)
post #6 of 8 Old Jan 8th, 2009, 3:46 pm

I'd second the recommendation to keep a watch on eBay. I wanted a driver's heated seat for my LT and began watching auctions. They say you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince, so be patient. I ended up with a good deal on a seat that was in better shape than the one on the bike.

I have casually watched some passenger heated seats on eBay but since my wife rarely rides in cold weather, it's not a priority.

BMW offered the standard seat (smooth finish) and the comfort seat with the ridges. Might want to make sure you match that, I guess.

Regarding 2005 and newer seats, just be aware that the colors may have changed a little. They introduced the grey upholstery in 2005 and it looks really good, but only if it all matches. Not sure how grey seats would look on a bike with the black knee pads.

I think the heated backrest and the heated passenger seats use the same plug. Not that I would know cuz my early '99 is not prewired for heated seats.

Another option is to install one of the aftermarket heated seat pads. Travelcade has made one for years, and I think there is a product in the Aerostich catalog again.
post #7 of 8 Old Jan 8th, 2009, 4:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcarter
II think the heated backrest and the heated passenger seats use the same plug. Not that I would know cuz my early '99 is not prewired for heated seats.
They are probably on the same lead from the switch out, but the rear pillion seat's power connector is under the seat and the heated back rest connector is under the left rear speaker cover. Was just in there when I switched out all the seats for Rick Mayer's rider seat and rears recovered to match.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #8 of 8 Old Jan 8th, 2009, 5:07 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipokebadgers
I am looking for a heated OEM pillion seat and backrest for my wife. I haven't been able to find my answer via the search sooooooooo: What year seats will fit my 2000 LT? Are there year specific pillion back rests also? I noticed on the beemerboneyard site they list pre-2005 and the 2005 & later so I figured a 2005 rear seat won't fit a 2000 but I figured I will ask the experts.

Thanks.

Sean
Sean
Look at THIS SEAT It might be what your looking for.

Stevie Shreeve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in