Grinnin from ear to ear!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jan 12th, 2006, 3:44 pm Thread Starter

Talking Grinnin from ear to ear!!!

Finally, temps near 50, dry pavement (no salt), and even sunshine (a very rare thing in these parts this time of year), and the LT was just crying for me to get her out and take a ride.

Yippee . . . . what a ride and what a GREAT day!!!!!

Sure wish this weather would continue, however . . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jan 12th, 2006, 4:24 pm

Same here. Actually been riding most of the week but the roads seemed slick the first part of the week. Today though everything wsa right with the world and we took advantage of it.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #3 of 10 Old Jan 12th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick
Finally, temps near 50, dry pavement...
Yeah same here...then it warms up to 70+ during the day...

Ride On!

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"

'13 SILVA K1600GTL

post #4 of 10 Old Jan 12th, 2006, 8:24 pm

I've grabbed as many of the 50 degree and 40 degree days as I could here in Nevada. Rode down to Bridgeport and back today (160 miles roundtrip). Riding provides an instant and lasting attitude correction for me.
post #5 of 10 Old Jan 12th, 2006, 8:37 pm

Wink

Slightly different story here in Seattle. We're approaching a record that goes back I believe to 1953. 33 consecutive days of measureable rainfall. After today, we're at 24. Geez, that's a record we don't want.

Anyway, I've ridden the LT most every day the past 3 weeks. Guaranteed I wouldn't do that on any other bike. The LT has awesome protection and with my new HID and the driving lights under the tip-over wings, she's an obvious site even in the rain. Can't wait to experience the feel of a dry road..... I think I remember that. I'm just envious of you guys right now with the reasonably good weather.
post #6 of 10 Old Jan 12th, 2006, 9:07 pm

Been riding everyday for the past 8 days without a break with temps in the 40's and 50's. I know it's a tough job but somebody's got to do it, eh what??!! LOL !
post #7 of 10 Old Jan 13th, 2006, 1:58 am
Cat Herder

Garage
Hi CAV... I'm glad you are taking advantage of the nice weather. I haven't ridden since last Sunday - to many shows this week... Hope to see you on Sunday.... Jeff

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

post #8 of 10 Old Jan 13th, 2006, 7:47 am

Ditto in Lansing Chick! I had a great ride yesterday of about 200 miles. Saw quite a few bikes out, including a group of four HDs, which of course ignored my presence. Ok though. I rode HDs for years and waved at ALL other riders. Now I typically hold my wave until the HD rider waves first. No big deal to me. Dick
post #9 of 10 Old Jan 13th, 2006, 7:53 am

After spending the last 20 years in the Sierra Nevada on the north end of Lake Tahoe ("Tilted" Village, NV) and waiting for about 35 feet of snow to melt each winter, living in Nashville this winter has been phenomenal! My friends here tell me this is a very unusual winter, what with the temps in the high 60s more than they are in the low 40s, and while i haven't had the LT for more than 48 hours now, my pickup day couldn't have been nicer in the dead of winter; a balmy 67 degrees. at around 8pm last evening the wife and i were so damned excited about our new bike, we took it out for another cruise. Flipped on the heated seats/backrest, warmed up the grips, and cruised Nashville until we came across a scene straight outta a horror movie--and most of us have probably had nightmares exactly like this. Now i mention this because I think it's pertinent--especially to those of us who have to wait through winters without riding much and jump on our bikes on warm days without honing up on our skills through regular riding. 3 sportbikes were on the side of the road under a new elevated curved onramp onto Briley Parkway. a couple of cop cars, an ambulance and a firetruck were there too. As we nosepicked by, we saw a bike smashed to smithereens, along with a rider under the dreaded yellow sheet. What happened here was the group were hammering onto the on ramp above, the guy lost it on the new pavement and hit the wall, flipped over the damned wall and he and the bike ell 75 feet to their deaths.
I know this is a sobering and sad thing to put on such a great thread but it does make us remember that it's a dangerous world out there and we always have to be on our toes--especially when we're intermittent winter riders.
post #10 of 10 Old Jan 13th, 2006, 9:20 am

Cool Ahhhh...

Yep...me too. I blew off work (with the expressed permission of my customer) and put about 50 miles on the Ninja...came home, and put another 100 or so on the LT. Life is good!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in