K1200lt tool bag - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 8:41 pm Thread Starter

K1200lt tool bag

Well I thought I was getting the top of the line BMW with all the whistles and bells only to find that the tool bag now consists of a reversible screwdriver, a fuse puller, a couple of fuses, and a wire to hang your helmet on.

Is this for real or were the tools just missing from my 05 LT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Sadly, BMW has decided not to include tools in the last of the '05 models.
post #3 of 16 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Yeah, I was slightly disappointed with the extent of the tool kit.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:05 pm

tool kit

my 05' has a full tool kit. to include tire flat kit. you need to tell the dealer to get you your full kit. somebody got yours....left you the picken's. just my 02 cents.
post #5 of 16 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:23 pm Thread Starter

tool kit

Thanks for the quick responses. I guess it looks like I'll be in the market for some tools.
post #6 of 16 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:11 pm

I bought my 05 last September, got a full tool kit. My brother bought his 05 this spring, just a screw driver and something else. He called the dealer, was told that BMW no longer gives the full tool kit.
post #7 of 16 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:18 pm Thread Starter

tool kit

I bought my 05 in early October so September must be some sort of cutoff. It is really sad that the manual I received references tools I don't have. Maybe BMW will see this and sent everyone a new kit......Right!
This still doesn't detract from a really good machine!
post #8 of 16 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:38 pm

tool kit for 05

Recently bought an 05, picked it up the first week in December and it came with the same tool kit my 03 had. I have attached a picture showing most of the items. There are also a few miscellaneous items down in the pockets of the tool bag as well that I did not pull out. This should at least provide an idea of what is in the tool kit that came with my 05. I don't even carry this kit on the LT as I have a more extensive custom kit that I put together. When I get rid of this LT I will put the original tool kit back in the LT, like I did with the 03 tool kit when I got rid of it.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05 tool kit.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	1519  

Last edited by oknplm; Jan 10th, 2006 at 11:53 pm.
post #9 of 16 Old Jan 11th, 2006, 5:57 am

This is something which is basically up to the dealer to decide whether to give one free with the bike or sell one as as optional extra.

Here in Europe, and more precisely Spain and Portugal, which are adjoining countries, ALL bikes sold in Portugal get the full tool kit, whereas the ones sold in Spain only get the screwdriver and a few fuses.

So this obviously leads one to understand that it has nothing to do with BMW Berlin.
post #10 of 16 Old Jan 11th, 2006, 6:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncharles
This is something which is basically up to the dealer to decide whether to give one free with the bike or sell one as as optional extra.

Here in Europe, and more precisely Spain and Portugal, which are adjoining countries, ALL bikes sold in Portugal get the full tool kit, whereas the ones sold in Spain only get the screwdriver and a few fuses.

So this obviously leads one to understand that it has nothing to do with BMW Berlin.
My 05 that I purchased in August came with a complete tool kit to the surprise of myself and my dealer. At least in my case the dealer had nothing to do with it.
post #11 of 16 Old Jan 11th, 2006, 7:03 am

Garage
According to this link the full tool kit was included until production of October 2004. After this date the 'screwdriver kit' was included.

Erwin

R1200GS Adventure LC 2018, Blackstorm/Schieferdunkel Matt/Achatgrau (Triple Black), in full options, BMW Navigator V

R1200GSA LC '18 <- R1200GSA LC '14 <- K1600GTL '12 <- R1200GS Adventure '09 <- K1200GT '07 <- K1200LT '05 <- K1200LT '99 <- K1100LT '95 <- K75RT '92
post #12 of 16 Old Jan 11th, 2006, 9:25 am

If it makes any of you 05 owners happier my 06 didn't have the full tool kit either. It looks like the only thing that I might miss is the lug wrench. The tools that used to be included look similiar to the quality of those that came with my RT - namely not very high quality.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #13 of 16 Old Jan 11th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Angry Tools ?

My 2006 LT did not have tools .....Wondering if there are any special tools I will be needing to purchase for those long trips? Also I purchased the New 2006 CD manual for the wiring digrams....?Guess what for over $100 you only get the CD...I wanted the HARDCOPY manual so that I could write on it !! Guess what?? This CD does not have the electrical digrams? BMW does not print this?? Very Surprised?? What about those people without computers? I guess BMW assumes we all have computer access...My dealer is very Good..they offered to get me copies of what they use. All I wanted to do was wire my Radar detector into the intercomp system...The dealer will do it at my frist value adjustment, the radar detector requiers a special plug....
BTW...Do not purchase the CD I was NOT impressed............
Jeff Goodwin
post #14 of 16 Old Jan 11th, 2006, 4:46 pm

My dealer during delivery made a point to tell me that BMW no longer gives the full tool kit only the screwdiver kit. I really did not care but now seem that all manufacturers look for cost savings. What surprises me is how much could a simple tool kit cost the company? $200? or less? I will have to stop by sears and stock up on some good tools.Another winter project. I just installed my Fm Modulator for my Garmin 376C and it screams with enhine noise. I will have to put a noise filter on the power line.

2005 R1200GS (to be named)

2005 K1200LT Gretchen traded in for GS

MOA # 118981
MSF Instructor

My Photo Gallery

My Blog

post #15 of 16 Old Jan 11th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Cool Tools you don't need no stinkin tools!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong1
Well I thought I was getting the top of the line BMW with all the whistles and bells only to find that the tool bag now consists of a reversible screwdriver, a fuse puller, a couple of fuses, and a wire to hang your helmet on.

Is this for real or were the tools just missing from my 05 LT?
Oh wait I think your right it was missing the BMW financial Visa application! don't leave home without it!

Sorry couldn't resist, getting so there is less and less that you might fix on the side of the road, IF you could even get to it!

Ray O
2000 K1200LTI CR Moby RIP 8/14/2013
post #16 of 16 Old Jan 11th, 2006, 8:16 pm

Missing tool kit.

I just got a great deal on an '05 R1200GS. It too, only came with the minimal tool kit. I asked the dealer (BMW of Denver - in whom I have great trust) and they said it was BMW that made that decision.

Oh well, for the deal I got, I'll buy a better quality tool kit with the tools I want in it.

FWIW - YMMV

Ray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in