Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA
Re: Bike Familiarity
A couple of very practical things:
1. Its just a bike, a damn, big, top-heavy bike. 5 MPH is scary. 75 is heaven!
2. When braking at low speed make SURE to be steering straight ahead!
3. Stopping with the wheel turned WILL take you down!!
4. When using the side stand, leave in 1st gear, push bike forward to stop.
5. Fill gas tank on side stand.
6. Fill tires to 42F and 48R. Really.
7. The LT likes to rev...don't lug it. Shift at 4000 or above, 7500 rocks!!!
8. It has a bit of a weak clutch (dry too)...lock it up, then REV it up.
9. The brakes a VERY good.
10. Ask the owner for a complete walk-around: Including oil window, oil filler, rear shock adjustment, seat height, cruise control operation, trip computer, windshield control, ask if mirrors are tethered.
Now read all the info in the 'Technical' section in the header bar at the top of this page!
J. Averill Townsend
Bloomfield Hills, MI
2002 K1200LTC - Silver
1978 R100/7 - Very, very Black
2004 Bushtec Quantum - Silver, of course...(SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.