Heel/Toe Shifter K1200LT (NEW) - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By rhshue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 Old Jan 9th, 2006, 8:51 pm Thread Starter

Heel/Toe Shifter K1200LT (NEW)

Hello,
I am new to this site, and want to intoduce a Kickshifter (heel/toe shifter) to the K1200 crowd. I use this shifter on my own bike (GL1800) and recently a friend of mine bought a new K1200 LT. He saw my shifter on my own bike, and asked me if this could be made to fit the K1200 LT. Well, we spent one afternoon working on the project, and when we finished, we had a winner!
I have pictures of the unit on the K1200 LT, but do not know how to post on this board. If you have interest, contact me and I will send picture and pricing to your email address.
The Kickshifter will be contructed of stainless steel and takes but a few minutes to install. Please write if you have interest.
Thanks,
Buckskin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old Jan 9th, 2006, 10:10 pm

heel toe shifter

man i'm really surprized that bmw doesn't make that as an add on. that's what the cops use to keep their boot toes shiny. if the factory doesn't make it, then patient it. you could make a killing. omurphy
post #3 of 49 Old Jan 9th, 2006, 10:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by omurphy
man i'm really surprized that bmw doesn't make that as an add on. that's what the cops use to keep their boot toes shiny. if the factory doesn't make it, then patient it. you could make a killing. omurphy
I rode my son in law's Harley for a while before I got my first LT, absolutely HATED the heel shifter! I finally removed it. Put it back on when he shipped his bike to Hawaii. If BMW ever put one on an LT, I hope they make it removable! Yes, there will be a few that would like it, but a huge minority I would imagine. Not likely to make a "killing" on them for LTs.

There was another one that someone made up a couple years ago, needed it to continue riding, and although not real pretty was imminently functional. So yes, there are some that actually NEED it, not just want it.

http://www.bmwlt.net/ubbthreads/show...&Number=154703

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 49 Old Jan 9th, 2006, 11:01 pm

I designed one, and drew it up. I made a prototype, but then the project stalled because of lack of interest on the forum. I presented the question on the old forum and got maybe 5 others that were interested. I was surprised at the low interest level myself. But most people have never had a heel shifter, so they don't know what they're missing. Either that, or they've only experienced a poorly-designed one...like David did. IF designed and/or adjusted correctly, you shouldn't even know that it's there.

I'd put a well-designed heel shifter in the same category as our electric windshield. Once you have it and are used to it...you don't know what you'd do without it. Obviously, I have leaned to adapt.
post #5 of 49 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 2:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
--------- Either that, or they've only experienced a poorly-designed one...like David did.
Poorly designed? It was a Harley one!

Oh, never mind.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #6 of 49 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 7:08 am

i have a heal toe shifted on my intruder, its there, i never got used to using it,would never miss it if it was gone
post #7 of 49 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 7:29 am

Smile i would love to have

After coming from a r1200cl and before that a long list of honda and yamaha motorcycles. I would love to have the heel/toe shifter option. I find the shifter on the k1200lt to be a little small. I would rather have the option for different shifters.
Tricky_dickey likes this.
post #8 of 49 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 9:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
IF designed and/or adjusted correctly, you shouldn't even know that it's there.

I'd put a well-designed heel shifter in the same category as our electric windshield. Once you have it and are used to it...you don't know what you'd do without it. Obviously, I have leaned to adapt.
I have to agree with you Joe. I had one on my '86 FLHT and rode it for many years and still miss that feature. Like Joe...obviously I've adapted. It is so much easier to use and convenient for shifting. Those that don't like it...what can I say...you don't like it!

I doubt seriously that anyone making this product will get rich off it, but it would be nice to have the option for those of us that like the concept.

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
~Author Unknown~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'18 K1600 BGA (Yet to be named)
'16 Goldwing F6B (Traded)
'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 49 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:03 am

The thing I appreciated about the heel shifter that I had, was that I was able to slide my foot back and actually use my toes to upshift. When riding aggresively, I found this a much more natural way to obtain positive shifts. 1 down in front, 5 down on the heel shifter. And "down" is a much better way to shift, I don't care who you are.

Of course, the fragility of the LT's shifter linkage has yet to be mentioned here. This too is part of the reason that I abondoned the project. People start braking their linkage and they are very prone to point the finger at your fancy-schmancy toe/heel shifter. A little food for thought, for those considering this endeavor. I am a heavy-footed shifter (I suppose) and I've managed to break this linkage twice already. That's why I carry spare parts.
post #10 of 49 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:06 am

My Goldwing has one...I love it. But I'm kinda use to toe only now since I mainly ride the KLT and Concours...I'd think about getting one.

But I'd worry that using the heel would put too much strain on the already fragile shifter linkage.

Justin Case
02 BMW K1200LTE
97 Kawasaki Concours
81 Honda Goldwing

post #11 of 49 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:30 am

I'm in the "count me in category". Have used heel and tow shifter with several HDs and love it. Interested in seeing what you have developed for the LT. Please send pics and pricing to [email protected] (temporary mobile email while traveling).

Joe,
Thanks for sharing your insight and experience with this topic.
post #12 of 49 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 1:40 pm

I've had bikes with a heel/toe shifter and without and always enjoyed having the option of the heel shifter. I am interested in what you have to offer.

Earl J. Reber

2005 K1200LT Ocean Metalic Blue
1998 Honda Shadow Aero
1949 Cessna 195
1966 Citabria 7ECA
post #13 of 49 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 2:57 pm

The only thing I miss about my Harley's is the heal/toe shifter. Please e-mail pictures. [email protected]

Airborne "Never Forget"
Vonore, TN

2003 LT-E "HLZ BNZ"
2004 Rune "PNS EXTN"
1970 ZA-50 "JR"

post #14 of 49 Old Jan 10th, 2006, 4:12 pm

Info Request Heel/Toe Shifter K1200LT

Thread,

I have a "03" K1200LT. Yes I would like to have the Info.
for this Shifter.
Send photo's. My E-Mail Address - [email protected]

Thanks
WT
post #15 of 49 Old Jan 12th, 2006, 11:00 pm

shifter

let's try again...

I'm very interested... please send me the info

John Fischer
[email protected]
post #16 of 49 Old Jan 13th, 2006, 5:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfischer23
let's try again...

I'm very interested... please send me the info

John Fischer
[email protected]
Hey...we see ya big guy! Welcome to the club! OK...it's more of a loonie bin, but we like it here. Don't be a stranger now that you know how to post.
post #17 of 49 Old Jan 13th, 2006, 9:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
I rode my son in law's Harley for a while before I got my first LT, absolutely HATED the heel shifter! I finally removed it.
http://www.bmwlt.net/ubbthreads/show...&Number=154703

yea i alway's removed mine off the HD as well.

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #18 of 49 Old Jan 13th, 2006, 7:43 pm

Will it fit a size 14 boot? Please forward photos to [email protected]
post #19 of 49 Old Jan 13th, 2006, 9:47 pm

heel/toe

I added a heel toe to my V Star last year and prefer it over the standard shifter. In fact, my first time on a, LT I was shocked that it did not have a heel toe. It is like most accessories, whatever you get used to. I would be interested in seeing what you have developed.
post #20 of 49 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:32 am Thread Starter

Response to comments on Kickshifter

I have been out of town for a few days, and glad to sse some comments on this idea of mine. No, I don't plan on making any killing on this little item, but it's fun to help some that would like to have this option.
First off, it has been mounted on a friends bike and he has a size thirteen (13) boot. and when I first mentioned this to him after looking at his bike and thinking, hey, I can make this fit on this bike, he was not interested. A couple of weeks later, he called me and asked some question, and then decided to mount it. It requires two holes to be drilled into the side cover. If you ever decide to remove it, just remove the mount plate and reinstall the button head bolts (they will look like they belong there). For those that have used heel/toe shifter on Harleys, they are, in my mind quite different. The hee/toe on the Harley is spaced far apart and you have to move your foot around somewhat. This unit will allow you to shift in the confentional way, or use the heel with little movement on the footpedal. The idea of the small area around the shifter with a thick sole large boot makes for placing the boot in a tight area. With the kickshifter, your always on the top and shifting down (never put your toe under the pedal). As for breaking the shifter, I can't imagine this shifter being able to to that. The way it shifts, it has a limited movement area, and it applys probably less pressure on the shifter than slaming it down during downshifts and you still do that with this one. On the upshifts, it is limited on the amount of travel, so the likely event of over travel is impossible. There are those that will never have interest in a heel/toe shifter, but for those that have used them (it may take a day to get used to it for some) you will wonder why you didn't have one before.
I will be try to get production going soon. I have a list I am taking serious inquires on this shifter, and if you want on it, just write and let me know.
Thanks
Buck
post #21 of 49 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:38 am Thread Starter

Don't know how to post pictures on this board, so write me at
[email protected] and I will sent pictures.
Thanks
Buck
post #22 of 49 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:47 am Thread Starter

Send me an email to [email protected]
I don't know how to post pictures on this board.
Buck
post #23 of 49 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 10:43 am

Here are the photos...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kickshifter 1 on K1200.jpg
Views:	2767
Size:	694.3 KB
ID:	1568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kickshifter on K1200.jpg
Views:	2262
Size:	637.5 KB
ID:	1569  
post #24 of 49 Old Jan 16th, 2006, 7:12 pm

Heel Toe.... Harley Davidson................If you want one buy one....
Toe shifter .....K1200LT NOW thats a MOTORCYCLE... I am glad that BMW has the shift it has. Working the gears ........I understand that GW now has a auto ....maybe some might want that.

Renzo
post #25 of 49 Old Jan 17th, 2006, 8:59 am Thread Starter

Got many messages on this kickshifter, and not sure I responded to you. I have pictures, and if you will email me at [email protected]
I will send you info on the shifter.
Thanks
Buck
post #26 of 49 Old Feb 18th, 2006, 10:54 am Thread Starter

Earl,
I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but have been back to the board and have answered those that have posted and it alerted me.
Anyway, I have a picture of the kickshifter and would send it to you if you will write me at my email address.
[email protected]
Thanks
Buck
post #27 of 49 Old Mar 6th, 2006, 3:43 pm Thread Starter

Kickshifter

A couple of months ago, I introduced myself and told members that I was in the process of making a heel/toe shifter for the K1200 LT. Well, now it's finished. I have a number of them ready to ship this week, and it you have interest, contact me at [email protected]
I have pictures of the unit, and it sells for $185.00 plus shipping of $7.00
this is made of stainless stell and polished and all hardware is also stainless.
Thanks for you interest.
Buck
post #28 of 49 Old Mar 6th, 2006, 4:37 pm

I used a heal and toe shifter...

on my Honda Trail 90, circa 1969.

Worked ok, but I never missed it.

Tony Williams
San Diego and Africa
2002 LTC black
Cee Bailey windscreen +2"
XM Roady 2
Garmin Zumo 550 GPS
ChatterBox XBi2 bluetooth intercom
Metzler 880's
post #29 of 49 Old Mar 6th, 2006, 6:31 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Hi Buck,

May I suggest that you sign up as a vendor here? Not only will that give you your own forum to discuss such things and post pictures and installation instructions, but then people will know right where to find your contact information if they want to buy one.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #30 of 49 Old Mar 6th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Joe (messenger13) and I met the owner of Suburban Machinery on Saturday at BMW of Cleveland. Nice guy. In talking with him, he told us how he makes some things "pure custom", like the heel-toe shifter he made for an LT rider who lost his left foot to diabetes. The SM owner said the guy wanted something he could shift "with his stump". Those words were kind of blunt, but you got the impression that the SM owner could make anything for anybody... for a price.

Nice to know that option is out there.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #31 of 49 Old Mar 13th, 2006, 3:50 pm Thread Starter

Saw your post. I'm in the process of doing that now. Working out details with ElJeffe on the board.
Thanks
By the way, the shifters are ready for shipment.
Buck
post #32 of 49 Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 9:46 pm

heel toe shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin
Hello,
I am new to this site, and want to intoduce a Kickshifter (heel/toe shifter) to the K1200 crowd. I use this shifter on my own bike (GL1800) and recently a friend of mine bought a new K1200 LT. He saw my shifter on my own bike, and asked me if this could be made to fit the K1200 LT. Well, we spent one afternoon working on the project, and when we finished, we had a winner!
I have pictures of the unit on the K1200 LT, but do not know how to post on this board. If you have interest, contact me and I will send picture and pricing to your email address.
The Kickshifter will be contructed of stainless steel and takes but a few minutes to install. Please write if you have interest.
Thanks,
Buckskin
i am very interested in it.please send me all info . [email protected]
post #33 of 49 Old Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:27 am

I am interested in seeing photos of the production version. I did not care for the black finish on the prototype pictured here earlier, but I imagine the polished stainless would blend better with the LT's aesthetics.

I hated the heel/toe shifter on my Harley at first, because the span was too short for me to fit my size fifteens on the floorboards. I found an aftermarket extended length rear shift arm, installed it, and I have loved heel/toe ever since.

I enjoy riding new LT, but I hate having to re-polish my boots after every ride due to toe scuffing. Don't have that problem on the Road King. Oh yeah, the H-D's side stand is better, too. But then, it has to be, there is no center stand!

Please send info/photos of your shifter. If you have a customer in the Dallas area with one installed, would be great if they would let me demo theirs before I plunk down two c's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin
A couple of months ago, I introduced myself and told members that I was in the process of making a heel/toe shifter for the K1200 LT. Well, now it's finished. I have a number of them ready to ship this week, and it you have interest, contact me at [email protected]
I have pictures of the unit, and it sells for $185.00 plus shipping of $7.00
this is made of stainless stell and polished and all hardware is also stainless.
Thanks for you interest.
Buck

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #34 of 49 Old May 21st, 2007, 10:00 am

I'm interested in getting a heal-toe shifter. Are these still available. Anyone know of anyone else or other vendors that sell heal-toe shifters?
post #35 of 49 Old May 25th, 2007, 7:46 am

I'm all fixed up. And boy does it feel great!

I ordered the heal-toe shifter from Buckskin and the driver floorboards with extenders from dodk64 [ http://www.dodk64.com/index.html ].

Received both orders fast, installation was easy on both products and fit and finish was SUPERB on both products. What's amazing is how well both products work well together. Especially being designed by two different men in opposite parts of the country. I thank them both for the inventions.

If you are moving from a cruiser. like I did, with floorboards and heal-toe shifter, these products are to be desired. It will make your transition to the LT much easier. As an added benefit, the lowered floorboards allow more clearance for my ankles when I put my feet down at a stop. Pleasant suprise indeed.

Top view

Side view in black & white for clarity

K1200LT
Concours 14
post #36 of 49 Old Mar 31st, 2008, 3:26 pm

Re: Heel/Toe Shifter K1200LT (NEW)

Buckskin,
I added a heel shifter to my Valkyrie and it made all the difference in the world. I loved it and the pictures look just like the one I had for that motorcycle. I think it was made by "Rattlebars"??? I would be VERY interested in doing the same for my LT. If you have these available, please let me know and I'll order one.
Tom Flath (I think I'm toakley in this group)
post #37 of 49 Old Apr 7th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Buckskin, I hope you are still out there? I did not realize that your post was Jan 06? I would really like to have your heel toe shifter. Les
post #38 of 49 Old Jul 12th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Need to get in touch with Buckskin or anyone who knows where to purchase the Heel/Toe Shifter he wrote abouto in 2006. "Triker" purchased one for his Trike and indicated it worked for him. I'm disabled and converted my K1200LT into a trike last year in the hopes of riding again but shifting is near impossible for me and Buckskin's shifter that "Triker" purchased looks like what I need.
post #39 of 49 Old Jul 12th, 2009, 4:22 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Do a search on "Buckskin" in the members area for some leads. May not be around since his last visit to this site was in Jun 2007.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #40 of 49 Old Aug 18th, 2009, 6:11 pm

For those of you who are interested in the heel/toe shifter Jack Huddle has, his current email address is [email protected] - we just ordered one last week from him.
post #41 of 49 Old Aug 18th, 2009, 7:07 pm
SEG

If anyone is interested in the heel toe shifter, I have one in brand new condition. I mounted the heel toe shifter, took it around the block and decided it was not for me. It's a quality product, just not what I wanted for the LT. If interested, send a PM. I'll sell at a very reasonable price.
Scott
NYC

- 2009 LT
- BMW MOA #92950
- BMW RA #41621
- IBA #35299
post #42 of 49 Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 3:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by camtak
For those of you who are interested in the heel/toe shifter Jack Huddle has, his current email address is [email protected] - we just ordered one last week from him.
Sorry, typo on Jack Huddle's email. It is [email protected]
post #43 of 49 Old Jul 11th, 2011, 10:56 am

A quality made heel/toe shifter would have an adjustable stop to prevent over leveraging the factory shift arm,.....it's all in the design. Had a good one on a Kawi 1100 and it was fantastic. Yep, I want one for my Beemer, but it has to be intelligently built and look great too.
post #44 of 49 Old Jul 11th, 2011, 11:39 am

I don't think it ever grabbed hold in the market... This thread was started 5 years ago, and I've never heard anything more!

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #45 of 49 Old Sep 21st, 2017, 7:07 am

HI.

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A BMW K1600 GTL. I HAVE NERVE DAMAGE TO MY LEFT LEG/FOOT CAUSED BY DIABETES. I CANT GET ENOUGH UPWARD MOVEMENT IN MY FOOT TO MOVE THE SELECTOR UP IN THE GEAR RANGE.

I NEED A TOE/HEEL SHIFTER FOR THIS K1600 GTL SO THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO PRESS DOWN ON THE REAR MOST PEDAL TO UPCHANGE - AND THEN PRESS DOWN ON THE FRONT PEDAL TO SHIFT DOWN.

I AM IN AUSTRALIA. STAINLESS STEEL WILL BE GOOD. PLEASE LET ME KNOW COST TO FABRICATE AND COST TO SHIP TO ADELAIDE IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA. ALSO WILL YOU BE DESIGNING THE NEW SHIFTER TO REPLACE THE OLD ONE AND WILL YOU HAVE THE CORRECT SIZE SPLINES TO GO ONTO THE PIVOT THAT THE SHIFTER ATTACHES TO. ALSO WILL I NEED ANY NEW BOLTS/SPACERS OR WHATEVER TO FASTEN THE SHIFTER TO THE BIKE? WILL YOU ALSO BE INCLUDING THE APPROPRIATE FITMENT TO BE ABLE TO CONNECT THE ACTIVATING ROD THAT GOES TO THE GEARBOX?

Cheers,

Clayton.
post #46 of 49 Old Sep 21st, 2017, 1:22 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cww1518 View Post
HI.

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A BMW K1600 GTL. I HAVE NERVE DAMAGE TO MY LEFT LEG/FOOT CAUSED BY DIABETES. I CANT GET ENOUGH UPWARD MOVEMENT IN MY FOOT TO MOVE THE SELECTOR UP IN THE GEAR RANGE.

I NEED A TOE/HEEL SHIFTER FOR THIS K1600 GTL SO THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO PRESS DOWN ON THE REAR MOST PEDAL TO UPCHANGE - AND THEN PRESS DOWN ON THE FRONT PEDAL TO SHIFT DOWN.

I AM IN AUSTRALIA. STAINLESS STEEL WILL BE GOOD. PLEASE LET ME KNOW COST TO FABRICATE AND COST TO SHIP TO ADELAIDE IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA. ALSO WILL YOU BE DESIGNING THE NEW SHIFTER TO REPLACE THE OLD ONE AND WILL YOU HAVE THE CORRECT SIZE SPLINES TO GO ONTO THE PIVOT THAT THE SHIFTER ATTACHES TO. ALSO WILL I NEED ANY NEW BOLTS/SPACERS OR WHATEVER TO FASTEN THE SHIFTER TO THE BIKE? WILL YOU ALSO BE INCLUDING THE APPROPRIATE FITMENT TO BE ABLE TO CONNECT THE ACTIVATING ROD THAT GOES TO THE GEARBOX?

Cheers,

Clayton.
Do a search on the following forum (a sister to this one), for heal and toe shifters:

BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums

Good luck!

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)

post #47 of 49 Old Sep 21st, 2017, 2:34 pm

I ordered one of these for my LT, because of my years of heel/toe usage on my Valkyrie:

http://www.cvmtouringaccessories.com...t/default.html

I am very pleased with it. Not quite as good as a dedicated heel/toe shifter, but very close. More than sufficient.

Patrick Russell
I live and ride in Illinois, which has some of the straightest roads in the country.

1984 Bluish Honda CB 650 (retired)
1986 Red Honda Nighthawk 450 (abandoned)
Didn't own a bike from 1999 to 2012
1997 Black Honda Valkyrie (still own)
2005 Ocean Blue BMW K1200LT "Apocalypse" (bought in March '16)

IBA Saddlesore 1000

Bucket List destinations:
Sturgis (maybe)
Nova Scotia
Pacific Coast highway
post #48 of 49 Old Oct 29th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Could you send me pictures and pricing for the shifter. [email protected]
Thanks
post #49 of 49 Old Oct 30th, 2017, 6:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyO View Post
Could you send me pictures and pricing for the shifter. [email protected]
Thanks
I've had this for years. Happy with it.

http://www.cvmtouringaccessories.com...t/default.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in