Need replacement parts list - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Nov 1st, 2008, 11:15 am Thread Starter

Need replacement parts list

I am wondering if anyone might have a list of replacement parts ie., seals , O-rings, etc. that were purchased when removing and installing the transmission in a K1200LT. (2000 yr.)
I plan on replacing the slave cylinder (68k miles), drilling the weep hole, and shocks.
I have searched and read a lot of searches on this site and have the Clymer manual but all suggestion will be carefully considered.
I have several egg cartons, marking paint pens, sandwich bags, digital camera, etc. in preparation.
I very much appreciate all the help you all provide to this site. My closest dealers are around 175-200 miles away so you all have been a real help.
little_jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Nov 1st, 2008, 2:53 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: Need replacement parts list

No need to pull the tranny when replacing the slave cylinder and drilling the weep hole. You just have to remove the swing arm to get clearance.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 5 Old Nov 1st, 2008, 2:58 pm

Here is a thread with a lot of information on parts people have used. You do NOT need all the parts listed though.
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...tch+parts+list

You WILL need the clutch plate, all the seals listed for transmission and engine main oil seal/O-ring (definitely replace those), the six new clutch attach bolts, a new engine output shaft nut and thrust washer, and crush washers for the slave cylinder.

Listed is the clutch actuation shaft and felt ring. If your bike already has the shaft that is grooved for the felt ring, you will not need a new one.

Unless your clutch cover plate and pressure plate are grooved or heat checked, you do not need to replace them. Just clean everything well with solvent.

Tip: You do not need a special tool to set the engine output shaft nut angle properly. It is torqued, then turned 60 degrees further, which just happens to be one nut flat. Just mark the position of one flat after torquing , turn to the next one.

Do you have the cutaway 30MM socket and allen wrench for the swing arm nuts? That and a holding bar for the clutch drive plate, and two cutoff 8MM bolts for aligning the transmission for re-install are the only special tools needed.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 5 Old Nov 2nd, 2008, 6:51 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Ken,
The problem is that when my Center stand took on the rail of a country RR crossing at the same time my front wheel dropped in to a pot hole, in the dark going to work, three of the brackets on the transmission that hold the center/side stand went south. The forth is still holding but has a bad crack.
I am working with J. Fisher (AlaskaFish) for the one out of the bike he is parting out.
Glenn
post #5 of 5 Old Nov 2nd, 2008, 7:01 pm Thread Starter

David,
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post, it is going to be very helpful.
I had printed out the parts list but wasn't sure all were needed so your comments were most welcome. I have a good friend that has a welding shop so I think he can cut me a 30MM socket, I may have him weld the brackets back on the old transmission, keep it for a spare.
As far as the drive shaft, u-joints, boots, etc., I will decide as I go...
Thanks again,
Glenn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in