07 LT on eBay? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 8:35 am Thread Starter

07 LT on eBay?

Anyone else looked at the Blue 07 LT on eBay? It has 31,000 miles and is currently going for $6,800 with no reserve! Only 12 minutes left in auction

Bike sold for 11,800

willow

09 K1200LT
04 R1150R
07 K1200GT

Last edited by wrpspd; Oct 28th, 2008 at 8:49 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 9:05 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: 07 LT on eBay?

this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-K...mZ110304154080

Says 4 days.. Item number: 110304154080

That is a STEAL!!!!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 9:12 am
Lifetime Supporter

nope, this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Blue-2007-BMW-K1...QQcmdZViewItem

dan

post #4 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 9:21 am

I wouldn't dare buy any bike posted on eBay! Just a bunch of scam artists!!!
post #5 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 9:23 am
Lifetime Supporter

Thanks, Dan.. the drugz are certainly working for me...

For the next few days my posts will seem even more illogical!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 9:37 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Thanks, Dan.. the drugz are certainly working for me...

For the next few days my posts will seem even more illogical!
Is that possible?????? runnin and duckin
post #7 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Thumbs up Re: 07 LT on eBay?

wouldn't dare buy any bike posted on eBay! Just a bunch of scam artists!!!

I guess you haven't any luck with vehicles on ebay. I have a friend that has purchased 2 LT's off of eBay and they have been every thing that has been listed and then some. I have purchased camera's, LT parts, etc. and all have been top notch.

2002 LT 'The Golden Girl'
post #8 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 2:04 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMartin
Is that possible?????? runnin and duckin
hehe.. we'll see, Brother, we'll see.. hahaha

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #9 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I wouldn't dare buy any bike posted on eBay! Just a bunch of scam artists!!!
I just bought an 03 LT through Ebay. GREAT find!!!!!

I've also bought and sold cars (2004 Jaguar XKR, 2003 Audi Allroad, others). Every deal has worked-out just fine. When buying, I won't buy unless I can physically inspect the vehicle myself or have an authorized authorized dealer give me a report.

With that said, buyer be ware.

Ed
post #10 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 3:50 pm

I talked to the owner of snappy auctions, Zack: He said that the owner of the bike is a truck driver and currently driving in Canada. But he has the title in the store. It seems to be legimate place. They do not seem to be specilized in motorcycle sales.

kievgirl252 is the winning bidder.

I am wondering (Kiev is a city in Ukrain) how many Ukranian Ladies would be interested in LT? I am thinking somebody they know bidded on this once they reliazed that it was being undersold. The bike was not even listed in the correct category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrpspd
Anyone else looked at the Blue 07 LT on eBay? It has 31,000 miles and is currently going for $6,800 with no reserve! Only 12 minutes left in auction

Bike sold for 11,800

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

post #11 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 3:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound
I guess you haven't any luck with vehicles on ebay. I have a friend that has purchased 2 LT's off of eBay and they have been every thing that has been listed and then some. I have purchased camera's, LT parts, etc. and all have been top notch.
I just sold my '06 GT on eBay. It's called "sarcasm". Just another service I offer.
post #12 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 4:49 pm

Hello all,
I'm new here. Bought my 03 LT on ebay a month ago and have been visiting this site since. The bike had 17k miles (now 19k, I can't stay off this beast) and looked great. It had a detailed service log and 16k of the miles were put on with x country rides by 12/2005. I went to RI to inspect it prior to buying.

With the help of this site I have changed the oil, filter and am in the midst of changing the trany and FD fluids. The explanations on this site are incredible and easy to follow. I'm waiting for the epoxy to set on the 14mm hex I'm building for the trany drain plug.

I haven't been on a bike since early 80's and the weight took a bit to get comfortable with. Fortunately at 6'2 and an eighth of a ton, I can, thus far, handle it in slow speed tight quarters.

The wife has even enjoyed the rides.

Thank you all for the great information.
post #13 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 5:18 pm

I love ebay.....sold alot and bought alot ....not sure if i would want to buy a car or a bike on there unless i could run it through the paces.....look, feel, touch etc.....

2008 K1200LT

BWMMOA #143899
Dennis Eckenrode
Menifee Ca.

post #14 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 5:54 pm

Quote:

I would not go as far to make this statement. I got my LT off of ebay. Orlando/Daytona BMW put bikes for sale on ebay, I liked the bike, test rode it, bought it!
No problem.
Just take a few and look at past sales the person has, look at feedback received and that will tell you all you need to know!

2003 Black
K1200LTC

Garmin 450
XM Radio
Video Camera Mount
Fender Mount Driving Lights
Autocom Super Pro AVi
Saddlebag LED Lights

Bakup Backrest
Grip Puppies
VStream Windscreen
Muth Mirrors
2008 Bushtec

post #15 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 7:36 pm

Quote:

Early this spring, I bought my '07 on Ebay with 7K miles on it. Its been great. Of course there is always the inspection that has to live up to the claims and photos. Saved a bundle over older bikes with less equipment and not as good condition. Be wary and buy from reputable person with good reviews/track record.
post #16 of 20 Old Oct 28th, 2008, 8:17 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Talking Re: 07 LT on eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I just sold my '06 GT on eBay. It's called "sarcasm". Just another service I offer.
...and you are quite good at it!
For the record I bought my 3 LTs on eBay... and was very tempted to bid on a certain GT, but I would have to go to Ohio to get it... Not the kind of thing I do.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #17 of 20 Old Oct 29th, 2008, 8:19 am

As with anything you need to be careful and make sure it isn't a scam. I bought my first bike off ebay and didn't see it until it showed up from Florida. I had pictures, talked to the guy who owned it and felt ok with the guy. The only issue I had was the windshield and that got covered by warranty.

My second bike I bought from Arizona and again didn't see it until it showed up. But then again I talked to the guy, had him send pictures and more. Felt ok with the guy and bought the bike. I haven't been disappointed yet.

I think ebay is a good place to buy stuff but I am always careful. If it is to good to be true then it is a scam. I have picked up deals but I can say that anything that was to good to be true has always worked out to be a scam when I looked into it further.

What is my point, ebay is a good place but you as the end buyer need to be careful. If you see a scam turn it in and save someone. Ebay is no different then buying off a for sale by owner site or something like cycletrader. Just follow some good common sense and most of the time all will work out.

Tom Ress
Great White North
Minnesota
Canyon Red 2000

You have to grow up to have a mid-life crisis!!!!!

I could play with women or with cars, I find cars are cheaper and you can write a book about cars a guy would understand.
post #18 of 20 Old Oct 29th, 2008, 8:45 am

Yes, careful is key. In my case I didn't pay for it until I showed up to drive it away, AFTER on site inspection and test ride. Felt it was worth the flight out to be safe. Plus the fact that it was still under warranty didn't hurt either.
post #19 of 20 Old Oct 29th, 2008, 8:58 am

Quote:

n00b beats up on Joe....too funny!

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #20 of 20 Old Oct 29th, 2008, 10:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian
n00b beats up on Joe....too funny!
Dave, If only you could understand the deep level of hurt and shame I'm feeling right now ... you wouldn't be laughing so hard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in