BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Although I enjoy reading about the LT..

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  taylorjn 
#1 ·
...'tiss a fine better pleasure to actually have one in the garage. :D

Today I picked up my '05 LT and rode it the 70 miles home. The skies were cloudy at first with temps in the low fiftys and a stiff breeze, but thankfully no rain. With the Bandit I would never consider a ride of more than a few miles in such conditions and was pleased to discover that the heated seat and grips were sufficient to keep me comfortable, actually the high position on the seat got my buns cookin pretty good and I had to click it down a notch. :lol8:

This bike is certainly a treat on the open road, just set the cruise, crank the tunes, kick back and enjoy the ride. Once home a long session of getting to know it better began. With plenty more of that scheduled for tomorrow.

Turns out this bike has a number of farkles already installed. MotoLights on the forks, PIAA's under the fairing, brake light modulator, Muth signal mirrors (already tethered), XM radio and BMW NavII. :cool:

I'm sure now that it's arrived there will be more questions for you all here as I have learned so much already from this most helpfull place. :)

See less See more
#7 ·
Congratulations on your new ride! I felt the same way while riding my 06 LT home to B.C. Canada from Seattle WA. The weather was mostly quite warm except in the higher elevations in the mountains. Had the hand grip heaters on for a while and the bun warmers on for a while. Felt great.
After riding the beast for a few months, I got the wife to go for a ride with me. It was a cooler day and so I switched on the bun warmer and then asked the wife if her buns were getting warm also. No, she said, she couldn't feel any heat at all. Only later did I realize that there is a separate switch for the passenger bun warmer. Maybe next time she can enjoy heated buns also. I have been learning something new about the bike each time I ride.
The bike is in storage for the winter but I can't wait till spring shows up!
Take Care!
Jim :bmw:

#8 ·
Spent a few hours in the garage today, rolling around on the floor with a trouble light giving it a good look see. Reading the manuals and playing with all the doo-dads. All this followed up with polishing of the chrome and then a wax job. Looks good. :D

No riding today (looks outside) it's snowing/raining and blowing. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.