New Gadget of Interest - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jan 9th, 2006, 2:13 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up New Gadget of Interest

I picked up a new Bluetooth headset today and thought it might be of interest to the gadget junkies amongst us. It is a Plantronics Discovery 640 and instead of hanging off your ear it has a small (and soft) ear-bud. The thing is so light you don't even know your wearing it. The really cool part is that you can charge it on the go with a "AAA" battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jan 9th, 2006, 5:10 am

Roy - can u please tell us which phone charger adaptors come with this headset. I can only find info that it says 4 of the most popular are included. Just wondering if one of them might be for a Motorola Razr V3.
At 9grams (1/3 oz) it's just what I'm looking for.
Thanks.
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 9th, 2006, 5:26 am

Roy - just forget my question, I found a website wizard on a UK site that told me that it is compatible with my phone, so I just ordered it.
Thanks.

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 9th, 2006, 9:01 am

Roy,
Tried it with a helmet on ??.
Simon
post #5 of 5 Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:02 am

I got mine delivered yesterday, tried it with the helmet (Caberg Justissimo Flip) and it was no use. Small and slim as this unit is, its too tight a fit along with the autocom speakers in there as well. Because of the position of the function button on the headset, it either switched itself off or switched to voice dialling. I'm sure it would fit fine in some others without the speakers.
I already have a bluetooth unit fitted on the bike, so primarly bought this one for when the helmet comes off, you pop this one on.
Having said all that, this is one superb little unit, one of the most unobtrusive tiny little gadgets i've seen in a long time that works really well. Turn it on, the phone finds it in seconds, even at 30+feet and can be re-charged from a AAA or the charger that comes with it. The auto-answer works perfectly.
And at 1/3 of an ounce, is hardly going to slow you down any carrying it on the bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in