BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Winter project list.

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  BecketMa 
#1 ·
Working on my list for this winter and so far have the following for my '02 LT with 35K miles:
Air & fuel filters, spark plugs, check valves, fix fuel light problem, drill slave weep hole, re-paint forks & lower cowl, replace springs or shocks, replace shift linkages, install satellite radio.

Anything I'm missing? I do final drive and gearbox at every 5K with oil changes and did brake fluid and coolant this spring.

Are there fuel line disconnects as with the RS I should replace?

#2 ·
joevano said:
Yes, and you should replace them with brass units. Did you flush the clutch system when you did the brakes?
Maybe a canisterectomy is in order also.

#4 ·
joevano said:
Working on my list for this winter and so far have the following for my '02 LT with 35K miles:
Air & fuel filters, spark plugs, check valves, fix fuel light problem, drill slave weep hole, re-paint forks & lower cowl, replace springs or shocks, replace shift linkages, install satellite radio.

Anything I'm missing? I do final drive and gearbox at every 5K with oil changes and did brake fluid and coolant this spring.

How about upgrades to lighting if you have not done these yet?
1. Motolights
2. Rack light flasher unit
3. Light kit to convert turn signal lights/sidemarkers to tail lights
4. HID headlight

#6 ·
dougholck said:
How about upgrades to lighting if you have not done these yet?
1. Motolights
2. Rack light flasher unit
3. Light kit to convert turn signal lights/sidemarkers to tail lights
4. HID headlight
Yep, did HID and have PIAA's.

#7 ·
joevano said:

I don't see changing the coolant on that list?

#8 ·
That almost sounds like my list, except that I am also going to put Ohlin's on, a brake flush, and put two new tires on. Does anyone know where I can get the kit do change my rear turn signal lights to LED, and make them running lights too? I have already done the rear brake light conversion.

#9 ·
radar41 said:
I don't see changing the coolant on that list?
Coolant was done this spring!

My biggest challenge is decided to go all the way with shocks or just springs. Springs or rear shock only is in the budget but both shocks would be a stretch this year. :(

#12 ·
My list starts with replacing the trany and engine seals. My trany seal is leaking.

Target date is from around Xmas past New Years eve.

Might be a little cool, but I can open the garage door and let the warmer air in while I disembowel her.

Bob Leaky Type 00

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.