damaged windshield - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 10:09 pm Thread Starter

damaged windshield

Today I stopped on the side of a city street with a steep uphill slope, as I stopped the bike leaned to the right due to the camber of the road, this would have been fine if not for the pothole that I happened to stop beside. By the time my foot grounded (in the hole) it was too late, over she went and on the way down the windshield stuck the guardrail. It held for a second and then split with a loud crack...nice I thought (well... "nice" wasn't the word that came out).

So now I have a Cee Baileys with a 4' wide chunk out of the side all the way down. Rather than try to mend it to keep riding I ended up cutting a smooth line down the side and traced it to the opposite side which I also ran through the band saw. When sanded and polished it gave me what looks like a sport windshield but is still acceptable for riding. (no razor sharp edges).

I'll be ordering a new Baileys #2 but thought I'd post first to see if anyone has one for sale. It must be in pretty good shape as scratches drive me nuts. Shipping would be to Minnesotta.

Let me know and watch those potholes.

Ron

2008 RT
2002 LT champagne
2003 Shadow
1986 Yamaha 500
1981 Honda Twinstar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in