Dang! I just pulled the trigger. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Aug 24th, 2008, 9:30 pm Thread Starter

Dang! I just pulled the trigger.

http://www.ridewnc.com/lt.htm

The LT is now For Sale.
I am thinking some new member here is going to get a bullet proof bike.

With all of the b1tchin' that I have seen on this site, I was lucky enough to have an LT that only gave me very minor issues.

Broken Fuel connect.
Dead radio.
Brake Pads.
Oil and filters.
Lots of tires.
Heated grips.
Front brake micro switch.

I think I may miss the bike.
The wife is already shopping for a Connie.

Positive side is; a buddy is about to store his LT in my garage. At least I will have access to one if ever I want to ride another.

Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_ Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Aug 24th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Re: Dang! I just pulled the trigger.

Sorry to hear that pal, but since I live in NC too, if I hear of someone who is looking for a nice LT with the footpegs ground off, I'll send 'em your way!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 7 Old Aug 24th, 2008, 10:35 pm

I know that this is bmwLT.com and all . . . but so what? As long as you're riding a bike, who cares? Unless, of course, one is a BMW snob.

Good luck selling the LT, and have fun shopping for the next new bike (and experience).

post #4 of 7 Old Aug 24th, 2008, 11:12 pm

I pulled the trigger yesterday, I sold my 99lt and bought the 08 C 14. Put 314 miles on it today and I am still smiling It is not perfect and I will make some changes to make it fit me better but for now all I am going to miss is the radio.
post #5 of 7 Old Aug 24th, 2008, 11:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patdcop
I pulled the trigger yesterday, I sold my 99lt and bought the 08 C 14. Put 314 miles on it today and I am still smiling It is not perfect and I will make some changes to make it fit me better but for now all I am going to miss is the radio.
Make sure you keep us updated with the new C14. I think it's a bike that is REALLY interesting! Ride fast, take chances and have some fun! (just be safe )

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #6 of 7 Old Aug 25th, 2008, 1:17 am

Thanks will do. I can tell you I am averaging 20-25mph faster in the twisties as well as the straights for just cruising. It is just so smooooth. Breaks are spot on. More forward lean than I am used to and my right knee and lower back was a little tender after todays ride. No pain in the wrist, shoulders and neck.

Trans is as smooth as butter and no torque from the shaft drive. The windshield is pointless for touring and there is no hand protection at all. the mirrors give a great view of the bags but little of the road. There is a ton of heat coming off the motor so I just rode a little faster. (great logic) Thought I would open it up a little in fourth gear, looked down and it said 120mph. Didn't scare me until I saw the speedo. I can only imagine what the farmers thought as they saw this bullet going buy and some jerk screaming WOOOOHOOOO!! I probably looked like a Darwin award wannabe.

Anywho, I won't leave the site as I feel at home here, even though most of my post are useless attempts at humor during some of the heated debates about the police. (I know, I know-flame suit on after posting the speed today )

I let you know as my experinace with the new connie develops.
post #7 of 7 Old Aug 25th, 2008, 1:41 am

I know just hgow you feel. My LT is up for sale (on consignment) at SD BMW. I rode it up there for the last time on Saturday. I'm already missing having it in my garage.

I think once I get past these medical bills and back on sound financial footing I'll be trading in my '96 RT as well and buying a R1200RT. The C-14 will never be in my garage. Just too uncomfortable to ride (for me ergonomically) and I don't need/want any more acceleration than I already have. I can hit tripple digit speeds so fast now, I'm amazed at times that I haven't already gotten a ticket. Guess my impulse control is still working well enough or I've just been really lucky so far.

I don't think I will stay away from the LT either. The 1200RT may work out for some trips, but I don't know about multiple day long (or longer) touring opportunities. If the RT proves to be uncomfortable for long distance/long time tours then I'll be buying another LT. Only time, and my SO, will tell me for sure.

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT (sold - sigh)
1996 Sinus (aka Cirrus) Blue Metallic R1100RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in