The Master Tech is back.... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Aug 14th, 2008, 8:17 pm Thread Starter

The Master Tech is back....

Yu Up for alittle story.... Grab a glass, or bottle and sit back.....

Back in 2005, when I got my baby, I shortly joined a local group and thus, became aware of the CCR.

With less than 2 months left before the event, I quickly aquired an open space and hitched up with a great guy who offered to split his arrangments for the trip to Jackson Lake Lodge, and, beyond.

And travel we did. 4300K+ in roughly 2 weeks time. And after not riding (serioulsy) in 8+ years, it was definately in my blood by the end of this ride. I have yet to post the pics and adventures, but will in time.

Side note... Vern, if your reading this (as I'm sure you are) ... I have your windshield, ready to return That boys and girls, is another story with pics in another post as well

...Prior to the ride, I had little time to really get to know and understand my new acquisition, so I left it in the hands of my local BMW service group, and there is were I met Validi.

Validi is a long time Master Tech. Old school to new, if you will. The kind of tech I understand, and, Appreciate.

With the assistance of the two service writers, whom also were the best, I was able to keep tabs on the service being performed over the course of two weeks. Yes... I'm sure most of you are now taking a big GULP, laughing. But really... when it was all said and done, I was the happy camper for this short turn-around.

Many details aside, (I said short story)... Validi retired from the dealer and suposidly headed north.

That was until today... when I went to pickup some instrumentation bulbs (@ 3.00 a piece mind you. FYI.. I'm looking into a local LED company who supplies automotive replacements for these things and Will, get back to you on this one),.... and was talking with the new service mananger who just happened to make the comment during a discussion on who he thought was the best tech around... that's when I blurted out Validi's name.

Nodding our heads in agreement, the manager handed me one of Validi's business cards, which I took with a big on my face.

So, for you in Southern California who needs a tech you can depend upon, someone who understand the early days and later... He's fair, Straight foward, and... He's Back!

Did I mention his name????

Here's his website: http://www.valdis-motozone.com/

Last edited by STYLNLT; Aug 14th, 2008 at 8:25 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Aug 14th, 2008, 10:14 pm

Re: The Master Tech is back....

He is a god guy, he has worked on my bike.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in