Alarm PIN Code - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 3:34 pm Thread Starter

Alarm PIN Code

Greetings All-
I was just reading through the alarm supplement of the owners manual (only took me 2 years to get around to reading that) and noticed they talk about a personal PIN code that should be on a card that came with the bike. Well, the previous owner did not give me any such card! There is a sticker (mostly worn out) on one of the key fobs that looks like the stickers they show in the manual. The number on it looks like J1K followed by a 5 digit number. Is this the format of the PIN, and is the last 5 digits my code?

Thanks,
-Scott

2005 LT
ARS NS7C
BMWMOA #113753
All Roads Lead To Roads...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 5:49 pm

Re: Alarm PIN Code

I think you may be talking about the "Radiopass BMW" which is a small card that has Model, Serial No. and "safety-Nr." on it?

Anyway, it does not match up to my VIN at all.

Sorry, I guess I'm not much help... what page in the supplemental manual are you reading from? I'll take a look at mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #3 of 16 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 7:07 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Sorry, I guess I'm not much help... what page in the supplemental manual are you reading from? I'll take a look at mine.
Page 27, registering new control units, and page 16, deactivating the alarm without remote control unit. I have 3 "Radiopass" cards, but all three have different numbers, and they are really long (12 digits and 2 letters). Don't have a clue what those are for. Page 6 shows the card I don't have.

I have been getting along fine without the code, but the two sections in the manual referenced above might come in handy at some point!

-Scott

2005 LT
ARS NS7C
BMWMOA #113753

post #4 of 16 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 7:18 pm
Lifetime Supporter

The alarm code would have been on a white plastic credit card. It would have been in a small manila envelope in the radio compartment. If you don't have it I'm sure it would be available from your local dealer. I'm sure for a "nominal fee" they could order you a new card. If you are lucky maybe they could just look it up using your vin # and let you know what it is. Keep it in your phone, PDA, whatever. I've got it in both places and keep the card with my title, in my safe. FYI my code is just 5 numerals.
post #5 of 16 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 8:35 pm

The code for my 2005 K1200LT is also 5 numbers. BMW will get the code for you given the engine and frame number & probably something verbal or written the shows that you own the bike.
post #6 of 16 Old Jul 14th, 2008, 9:48 am

Scott,

My 05 had some kind of recall and they had to replace the alarm module. I got the credit card (with the alarm code) and used it to program a new FOB.

The dealer also attached a slim (maybe 1/4" by 1.0") strip with 5 numbers on it to the inside of my side luggage. Mine was on the door itself near the bottom. He told me if I lost the card, the dealer could cross reference the number on the luggage to the real number.

See if you have a decal like this and your dealer may be able to cross it.

Joe

2005 KLT "Old Blue"

Bruno the "Bugg"

Democracy will only exist until 51% of the population believes they can live off the other 49% .
post #7 of 16 Old Jul 14th, 2008, 11:53 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegottberg
[snip]

He told me if I lost the card, the dealer could cross reference the number on the luggage to the real number.

Joe
Only if the radio is the original. Since scurrie has three radiopass cards, his LT is probably on the third radio. When my third radio was installed (under warranty) I forgot to ask for the radiopass card until I was suited up and ready to leave the dealer. By then they couldn't find the card. Later when I had the radio out to install an AUX input cable, I found the radiopass card, taped to the top of the radio.

Motor On ,/'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 16 Old Jul 14th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkersh1
Only if the radio is the original. Since scurrie has three radiopass cards, his LT is probably on the third radio. When my third radio was installed (under warranty) I forgot to ask for the radiopass card until I was suited up and ready to leave the dealer. By then they couldn't find the card. Later when I had the radio out to install an AUX input cable, I found the radiopass card, taped to the top of the radio.
I believe my radio is original. I wish it was replaced, but, at least 2 speakers work (one on each side )

My alarm got replaced under warranty (something about the immobilizer not working in cold weather) and the alarm code was on the credit card-thingy. I don't know if there is one for my radio or not.

Anyway, my dealer removed the old sticker and put the new one on in its place, FWIW.

Joe

2005 KLT "Old Blue"

Bruno the "Bugg"

Democracy will only exist until 51% of the population believes they can live off the other 49% .
post #9 of 16 Old Jul 15th, 2008, 12:35 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegottberg

Well, I looked everywhere and didn't find any stickers. Guess I'll have to check with the dealer.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
-Scott

2005 LT
ARS NS7C
BMWMOA #113753
post #10 of 16 Old Jul 21st, 2008, 8:45 am

Talking Re: Alarm PIN Code

Did you check in the top box in the mirror compartment.
Thats where I found my sheet of stickers

Keep it on the black stuff

Tony Ewins
Guernsey, CI

BMW R1100RT Tundra Green 1999
BMW R1150GS Black 2002
BMW K1200LT Pacific Blue 2005
post #11 of 16 Old Jul 21st, 2008, 9:57 am

+1

Found my pass numbers there as well.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #12 of 16 Old Jul 21st, 2008, 10:48 am

On my 2003 LT, there is a five-digit number on a sticker attached to the alarm system box; to access it, you have to remove the top case.

With that five-digit number, a dealer can obtain the codes for the alarm system.
post #13 of 16 Old Nov 12th, 2008, 6:18 pm

Well, at least that is the theory on how to obtain the actual codes for your alarm system.

A month ago, I asked the dealer to get me the code, providing the 5 digit number from underneath the top box and on top of the alarm system.

He hasn't gotten a response from BMW yet.

So I'm not messing with the fobs or the alarm system.
post #14 of 16 Old Nov 12th, 2008, 7:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljjohns
Well, at least that is the theory on how to obtain the actual codes for your alarm system.

A month ago, I asked the dealer to get me the code, providing the 5 digit number from underneath the top box and on top of the alarm system.

He hasn't gotten a response from BMW yet.

So I'm not messing with the fobs or the alarm system.
Only a month? Heck, I've been waiting for over 2 years.

Bought the bike used, no alarm code, only one fob. I brought the bike to BMW (it had an open recall on the fuel line QDs) and asked them if they could obtain the alarm code, and I would buy a second fob. They were never able to get the code from BMW. Needless to say, I didn't buy the fob, either.

I never use the alarm. In fact, I just added in a fake blinking LED that only operates when the key is in the off position. One of these days I'll get around to bypassing the alarm system completely.

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)
post #15 of 16 Old Nov 12th, 2008, 10:30 pm

Was out for a ride not long ago and disconected the battery after lunch to reset the radio and not thinking when I herd the alarm chirp heart sank some I did not have the key fob to reset alarm.

Called BMW of Atlanta and talked to a tech was told no way to reset the alarm with out the key fob. Made a 3 hour round Trip thanks to a young man that took he home to get the fob.

If I had the alarm code would there have been away for me to reset the alarm with out the fob?

Thanks

VanO
post #16 of 16 Old Nov 13th, 2008, 12:06 pm

Some good news to report:

The dealership sent a second query via e-mail yesterday and BMW supplied the number this morning.

Now I only have to overcome my fear of screwing things up when I start playing with the alarm system.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in