Finally got a LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 1:32 am Thread Starter

Finally got a LT

I've monitored this site for a couple of years and registered a year ago or so. I want to thank everyone that gave me adivce and help. I finally flew from Birmingham to Chicago yesterday and bought a 2002 LT with only 9K miles on it. It was well taken care of seems to be in great shape so far. I rode 823 miles from his house to mine yesterday with no problems. It lived up to the hype on the long trip!! My first BMW..well first anything other than a Harley. I've had three of them, and after the trip wouldn't trade all of them for the LT. I was ready to jump back on it today, but couldn't...can't wait to get on it again. Again, THANKS to everyone. Hope to get to know some of you better now that I feel like I belong to a special group of owners/rides.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 4:48 am

Re: Finally got a LT

Well done - may that grin always be plastered accross your face!

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 9:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowhunter
I've monitored this site for a couple of years and registered a year ago or so. I want to thank everyone that gave me adivce and help. I finally flew from Birmingham to Chicago yesterday and bought a 2002 LT with only 9K miles on it. It was well taken care of seems to be in great shape so far. I rode 823 miles from his house to mine yesterday with no problems. It lived up to the hype on the long trip!! My first BMW..well first anything other than a Harley. I've had three of them, and after the trip wouldn't trade all of them for the LT. I was ready to jump back on it today, but couldn't...can't wait to get on it again. Again, THANKS to everyone. Hope to get to know some of you better now that I feel like I belong to a special group of owners/rides.

Todd
Welcome to the family, Todd. Great way to take ownership of an LT - ride a bunch of miles, grin a bunch of smiles, and wanna git back on and do it some more!! All in one day!!

Ride safe - off the clock and on the clock.

post #4 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 9:48 am

Congrats!!!

I just picked up my 2001 LT a couple weeks ago.

Drove 1200 miles from MI to FL....GREAT trip!
post #5 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 1:14 pm

Thumbs down Re: Finally got a LT

Congrats

I wish my first experience had been so wonderfull. Picking it up was great, riding it home was also. The problem came the next day when driving home from showing it off at my brothers, the engine blew!

381 miles total on the bike... I didn't even get a chance to finish breaking it in!
post #6 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 10:46 pm

2002 with 9k? Wow, nice find. And like he said, what a way to start. Glad you are enjoying it.

wild bil
07 K1200LT Biarritz Blau
80 Yamaha XS850 Black - retired in 06
post #7 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2008, 11:19 pm
jbm

Hi Todd

Well done mate, i'm also new to the world of LT's and love mine from the minute i picked it up, have had it since march and have put about 4500kms on it mainly all two up. Hope you keep enjoying it as much as i do.

Keep the smile, it won't fade but then again i seem to smile no matter which of my bikes i ride.

John

"old or new you gotta ride em all"
2008 K1200LT Biarritz Blue - 'Elsa'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1976 Rickman Z1000 Mkll

1972 Honda CB750 K2
post #8 of 9 Old Jul 12th, 2008, 5:30 am Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. Glad to be a part of nice group of people. I'm looking forward to many more miles on it. I never thought that after riding that long in one day, I'd be itching to hit the road again for a longer trip!! Just have to find the time...
post #9 of 9 Old Jul 12th, 2008, 9:24 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowhunter
Thanks everyone. Glad to be a part of nice group of people. I'm looking forward to many more miles on it. I never thought that after riding that long in one day, I'd be itching to hit the road again for a longer trip!! Just have to find the time...
Well, go to the top of this page and click on the Curve Cowboy Reunion and get signed up. It would be a great ride and a great place to meet others. You will NOT be disappointed.

"BONES" <///><

2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in