-- K1200 LT How to use the alarm -- - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 7:12 am Thread Starter

Wink -- K1200 LT How to use the alarm --

Hello Everybody

I just got a this k1200LT 06 from second hand and I asked my BMW dealer to
help me with the alarm system using the remote. They made it work but somehow they
don't know how to use it and they told me to read the manual. I don't have the manual because this is a second hand bike and the previous owner did not included it.

Can any of you explain me how it works, so far I know that left button locks everything and right button unlocks, but that is old I know.

Thank you in advance

Ralph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 10:30 am

Re: -- K1200 LT How to use the alarm --

Press the ribbed (left ) button once to operate (close) the locks. Press it again to set the alarm. The right button deactivates the alarm and unlocks with one press. You may have to wave the keyfob in the genaral area of the seat to get the desired result as it does not work from a great distance. You may also want to check the battery in the keyfob for strength.

Hope this helps...

Mugz

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving."

BMWMOA - #45711

2006 K1200LT - Blue Baby
2003 R1150GS - Yellowbird
1981 R100CS - Sadly gone
1991 K1100RS - Sold and burned
1986 K100RS - In the past
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 10:33 am

You'll find this along with other lots of excellent newbie reading in the "Technical" section button up yonder:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/faq.php?...q_programalarm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"

post #4 of 5 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 10:46 am

I recently had some work done by the dealer. When I picked up the bike the alarm had been deactivated. I had to read the manual and try the procedure about 5x before I got it reprogrammed the way I wanted it. On my '05 there are a number of options you can choose when reprogramming it like audible alarms, lights, etc. The reprogramming involves turning the ignition on and off and pressing the buttons in a particular sequence. If you get stuck send me a pm and I'll try and help you out since I have the original manual, assuming your '06 works the same as my '05. BOL cdrprn

'05 LT Goldfinger
post #5 of 5 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 11:50 am

No answers here but 2 days ago My friend & I were north of Yellowstone about 50 miles, we stopped at a rest stop for a little break, he left his key fob in the tank glove box, kept the key in his pocket, when he came back the security had activated itself, Even tho he had his key in hand he couldnt start the bike or open the door, we called a HD dealer we knew he looked up some BMW dealers in California, since it was around 6 where we were, Finally we got one
whose advice was pry it open, fortunately my bike was setting next to his so we could see how the lock worked, it came open pretty easy, but I quit keeping my extra fob in the glove box, It was kind of a bizarre thing to happen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in