Mytivac help - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 4:23 pm Thread Starter

Mytivac help

Bought a Mytivac from the states, what a bit of kit, I can see why you rave about it.
Only problem is................I didn't realise you had to order the brake fluid containder in the same order. Thought it was included and now don;t seem to be able to order separate.
Does anyone know any different?

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 4:35 pm

Re: Mytivac help

Hi,

Which one did you buy? just been looking on the site and the kit looks interesting. They have a distributor less than 2 miles from my Sister in VA Beach.

Rgds
Mike

"For those that know, no explanation is needed,
For those that don't, no explanation is possible."

2001 K12 LT Toscana Green AKA Baby Sh*t Green
Kawasaki EN500 - been sold on!
Hardtail Chopper ( Honda CB 500 engine) in a box still!
post #3 of 9 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 5:21 pm

I made my own fluid jar from a small MASON jar and lid. Punched 2 holes in lid and soldered two short pieces of copper tubing that hoses attach too. placed a longer hose to bottom of jar ( Hose then connects to calipers fitting ) other hose on top of lid go's to VAC pump.

You can then draw a vacuum with pump on jar that is sufficient enough that as you open bleeder valve on caliper you can pull fresh fluid with out a lot of additional pumping

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T
wisties Required

Last edited by motorhead; Jul 8th, 2008 at 5:26 pm.

post #4 of 9 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 5:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
I made my own fluid jar from a small MASON jar and lid. Punched 2 holes in lid and soldered two short pieces of copper tubing that hoses attach too. placed a longer hose to bottom of jar ( Hose then connects to calipers fitting ) other hose on top of lid go's to VAC pump.

You can then draw a vacuum with pump on jar that is sufficient enough that as you open bleeder valve on caliper you can pull fresh fluid with out a lot of additional pumping

Go on then, show us a picture, might save Cookie a quid or two if he or I can bodge one together.

Rgds
Mike

post #5 of 9 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk_edwards

Go on then, show us a picture, might save Cookie a quid or two if he or I can bodge one together.
Will do so tonight ..... Tough crowd !

Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #6 of 9 Old Jul 9th, 2008, 4:20 am

Quote:
Will do so tonight ..... Tough crowd !
Too bloody right

Just think how much money you can save your biker buddies with the simple addition of a picture

Thank you in advance.

Rgds
Mike

post #7 of 9 Old Jul 9th, 2008, 11:32 pm

Well dug it out and realized I had redone it. same idea but used a screw top glass jar with brass fittings on the top.
Still the fitting with hose in bottom of jag go's to the calipers bleed fitting, other too the vac pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vacume Jar.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	18675  

Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #8 of 9 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 1:29 am

The "standard" mityvac brake bleeder should have come with the little fluid cup. There is also a kit that has the mason jar lid in it. It is a plastic lid with the hose ports in it and it just replaces the metal inner part of the mason jar lid.
If you want to buy the fluid cup it costs $4.95 here http://www.toolsource.com/fluid-rese...11tms07n7npbi7
post #9 of 9 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 5:10 am Thread Starter

Thats the job - thanks

Quote:
Well dug it out and realized I had redone it. same idea but used a screw top glass jar with brass fittings on the top.
Still the fitting with hose in bottom of jag go's to the calipers bleed fitting, other too the vac pump.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in