Tool space - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 2:47 pm Thread Starter

Tool space

I use, and have used for years, a Sears black (heavy plastic) box, part #9 65293. It is 8.5 long, 4.5 front to back, and 2 inches deep. I carry a socket set, short ratchet, short extension, a set of hex drives, a wire stripping tool, and two pair of small pliers in mine. Stick it in a freezer bag and it will ride on top of your battery quite nicely. There is also room at the back of this box for a sandwich size container (walmart, 50 cents) for a limited first aid kit. The part number may have changed as I have had this thing for 20 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Re: Tool space

That part number gets you this:

Oneida Azalea 20pc Flatware Set
Sears item# 02465293000 Mfr. model# 65293

I think the knives may be useful for screwdrivers, but the spoons don't work well as sockets.

Still Just Jerry

2005 LT "Lucky"
2003 Moto Guzzi Aluminum "The Fog"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 3:37 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalli
I use, and have used for years, a Sears black (heavy plastic) box, part #9 65293. It is 8.5 long, 4.5 front to back, and 2 inches deep. I carry a socket set, short ratchet, short extension, a set of hex drives, a wire stripping tool, and two pair of small pliers in mine. Stick it in a freezer bag and it will ride on top of your battery quite nicely. There is also room at the back of this box for a sandwich size container (walmart, 50 cents) for a limited first aid kit. The part number may have changed as I have had this thing for 20 years.
Sounds like it would also fit behind the pillion seat with the top box shifted back. That's where my tools are.

Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalli
I bought a Helen2Wheel tool pouch and store it flat in the left saddle bag (picture attached). My saddle bag liner sits on top of the closed tool pouch without a problem. I store the OEM BMW tool pouch on top of my battery with powerlet and charging cords. The BMW tool pouch originally only contained a screwdriver, a few fuses and a fuse puller when I got my bike - but that's a different story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	H2W Tool Pouch.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	18661  

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in