Z Technik VStream® K 1200 LT Windshield? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jul 5th, 2008, 9:50 am Thread Starter

Z Technik VStream® K 1200 LT Windshield?

Has anyone gone the Z Technik VStream® K 1200 LT Windshield route?

Thoughts?

2012 K1600GT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jul 5th, 2008, 10:50 am

Re: Z Technik VStream® K 1200 LT Windshield?

Look at the bottom of this page for related questions. Also, do a search and you will find many posts and opinions.

I like mine. This summer I thought that I would go back to the oem short shield but the buffeting was so much I went back to the Z Tech.

If you have not seen it, the National Cycle site has a video of the shield resisting a shotgun blast. Pretty Cool. Breakage is the most common issue discussed with aftermarket shields.

Kim Thomson
Motorcycle Cigar Smoker
05 K1200LT - The Golden Rocket Ship
91 K100RS - The White Stallion
85 K100 Standard - Big Red
79 R65 - "The Bee" is a buzzin' again!
06 525i - Premium, Sport, Comfort, Xenons

Gone, but not forgotten...
02 K1200LTC - Big Blue (accident at 40k)
88 K100RT - Chocolate (it was brown, melted - fire)
85 K100RT - (wore out)
82 Yamaha Vision - (electrics)
72 Yamaha R5C 350 - (broke trans)
post #3 of 7 Old Jul 5th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_yancey
Has anyone gone the Z Technik VStream® K 1200 LT Windshield route?

Thoughts?
Love mine, a slight drop in the MPG but, I'm still getting 48 MPG on the highway, so no big deal!

2003 Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
K1200LTC

Garmin 450
XM Radio
Video Camera Mount
Fender Mount Driving Lights
Autocom Super Pro AVi
Saddlebag LED Lights

Bakup Backrest
Grip Puppies
VStream Windscreen
Muth Mirrors
2008 Bushtec

post #4 of 7 Old Jul 5th, 2008, 10:03 pm

It seems to provide good protection, esp. on long distance riding.

My wife esp. likes it. With the factory stock windshield, she was buffeted under her chin--and experienced whiplash!! (OK, well, almost!) With the V-shield, the buffeting was much reduced.
post #5 of 7 Old Jul 6th, 2008, 4:46 am

Hi David,
Like a lot of the other guys I'm on my second Lt.
I updated to the new Z Technics screen this year and what a vast improvement. Mainly for the wife, we both wear series four helmets and the wind used to cause some discomfort to her.
I'd previously fitted an Eagle screen which are a local screen maker and simply made the design four inches higher than the standard BMW screen.
The new screen is a little higher than I'm used to riding with, but hey it's fantastic. No distortion and assists in a more pleasant ride.
GO FOR IT !
Bruce
West Ausy

Gramps
post #6 of 7 Old Jul 6th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Garage
Smile Z Technik VStream® K 1200 LT Windshield?

The best endorsement for this shield is . . . . my wife said on the first ride after installation of the Z Technik "it was money well spent". Nuff said!

Don Wreyford
BMWMOA, 91738
RA 27032
ABC 7915
00 LT, 84 RS, 98 GS, 76R75/6
"An Elephant is eaten one bite at a time"
!
post #7 of 7 Old Jul 6th, 2008, 4:25 pm

I'm not sure it's as good as the stock windshield with the Laminar Lip...but it's good.

In the trees, or without crosswinds, it's absolutely quiet behind the windshield.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in