air box sensor - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jun 30th, 2008, 11:34 pm Thread Starter

air box sensor

.My Motronic was replaced under warranty for the hesitation issues and someone said.
if you unplug the air intake temp sensor and that might cure it.and if you had nimble fingers you can do it with out tupperware removal.
I have the BMW manual on CD, 120 bucks, It's suppose to be around the top of one of the radiators somewhere, but I'm not sure shat I am looking for.
I was thinking about unplugging the air box sensor and see what happens. I still have some hesitation issues, not near what they were before they changed the Motronic out. but some none the less.
It get pretty hot down here in Texas and I read that might cure what little bit I have left . Guess I'll have to get my cd out.

Thanks, Be Safe
Coot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jun 30th, 2008, 11:46 pm

Re: air box sensor

Sure does help my 2K LT above @ 85 degrees.

The "abs" ... Air Box Sensor is located just above the radiator cap going into the side of the black plastic air box on bike left side under the tupperware. The connector is a PITA to get at, but once unplugged the hot weather lean stumble was eliminated on mine.

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T
wisties Required

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in