ABS fault lights diagnostic - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Dec 24th, 2005, 7:27 am Thread Starter

ABS fault lights diagnostic

Does anybody know what the ABS & General warning lights flashing alternately at 4HZ mean. I have looked at the diagnostic sheet and it does not show this perticular sequence. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Dec 24th, 2005, 8:24 am

Cool

Check rear res for fluid level on brake system. remember there are two res.s, one is hidden under side panel. I removed several screws and pulled panel out enough to access res. The proper way is quite involved, my way takes a few minutes. BMW shop tech. showed me that trick.

I use a baby aspirator to refill res, no mess, about $3.00 amc. A friend uses a syringe for irrigating dental work, others use a drinking straw. maybe you'll come up with a different idea how to refill res.

My son reminded me not to keep brake fluid after opening for long periods of time it will absorb water from humidity. It is not very expensive so easy to replace.
Hope that sends you in the right direction.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Dec 24th, 2005, 10:39 am

ABS fault lights diagnostic

Ditto to NOGILLS2 response.

I had the same fault last October while riding the Blue Ridge. All seemed well with brakes and no apperant reason for fault. Called dealer while on the road and they told me probably low rear reservoir fluid. Note; dealer had just completed annual service to include break bleed before I left on trip. Dealer asked questions to determine that there was no major issues and then gave me the green light to complete trip and bring bike in when I got home.

Turned out that rear reservoir (hidden one under right side plastic) was a little low. I'm under warranty, so I let dealer take care of it, but if need be you can get fluid to the reservoir and top off with syringe, tubing, straw etc...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in