k1200lt comfort seat wanted - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 3:27 pm Thread Starter

k1200lt comfort seat wanted

hello fellow riders i own a 2006 k1200lt. i recently purchased a bmw comfort seat for the drivers heated seated. when i took a long ride it seemed to work real well. i want to know if anyone had a rear heated comfort seat for the passenger. i would trade my stock seat and give some money for the trade anyone interested let me know. my stock passenger seat is in perfert condition thanks ivan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Re: k1200lt comfort seat wanted

You are one lucky guy. You are one of the few people who actually think the either of the stock BMW seats are workable. To me, it is the most uncomfortable seat on a motorcycle I have ever experienced. The spouse thinks the passenger seat is more comfortable than the Harley passenger seat. Can't help you, but I just wanted to comment on how amazing it is to hear someone say they like the BMW seats, std or comfort.

Ultra LT
post #3 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 5:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraLT
You are one lucky guy. You are one of the few people who actually think the either of the stock BMW seats are workable. To me, it is the most uncomfortable seat on a motorcycle I have ever experienced. The spouse thinks the passenger seat is more comfortable than the Harley passenger seat. Can't help you, but I just wanted to comment on how amazing it is to hear someone say they like the BMW seats, std or comfort.

Ultra LT
Agreed. I have never yet sat on a BMW seat that was comfortable. I think that Rick Mayer and Russell Day Long are paying someone off at BMW!

post #4 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 7:27 pm

I loved the seat on my 2000 years ago when I had it new. I really liked the LT stock seat. I now have a 2003 and I am a few punds heavier and find it managable. Not the greatest but good enough. I may go the 49er rally to see rick and if I can find an LT mayer saddle to try out. I saw that he can retain the stock heater option. I did sit on a used bike at A&S which appears to have a leather day long saddle that I found to be quite comfy. Its just their pricign that sucks. Rick Mayer is alot more down to earth for pricing.
post #5 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 8:00 pm

http://www.alaskaleather.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!
post #6 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 8:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_beemer
I loved the seat on my 2000 years ago when I had it new. I really liked the LT stock seat. I now have a 2003 and I am a few punds heavier and find it managable. Not the greatest but good enough. I may go the 49er rally to see rick and if I can find an LT mayer saddle to try out. I saw that he can retain the stock heater option. I did sit on a used bike at A&S which appears to have a leather day long saddle that I found to be quite comfy. Its just their pricign that sucks. Rick Mayer is alot more down to earth for pricing.
Your stock 2000 and 2003 seat are exactly the same - right down to the rivets.

(Unless you have a low OEM BMW seat in the mix.)

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #7 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 9:33 pm

I just finished a ride in appointment to Rick Mayer and am extremely happy with the quality and comfort. First rate. I couldn't stand my stock Lt seat.
post #8 of 10 Old May 16th, 2008, 10:57 pm

Garage

I got one, fly over to OZ and Ill give it to you for free and a drivers, other than the stiching pattern I see no difference to the std seat (rear) mine are chucked in the corner of the shed they are both crap to sit on

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears

2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
post #9 of 10 Old May 17th, 2008, 12:07 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Your stock 2000 and 2003 seat are exactly the same - right down to the rivets.

(Unless you have a low OEM BMW seat in the mix.)
Yes, I am aware of this. I tried to be low profile when I mentioned my added weight since then. In reality I am solid 50 pounds heavier and the LT saddle is saying, "no mas" . All I was trying to say is that it was alot more comfy when I was smaller. I now may end up looking for aan aftermarket saddle. I like the idea of a rick mayer or a day long saddle because I can do a ride in.
post #10 of 10 Old May 17th, 2008, 12:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_beemer
Yes, I am aware of this. I tried to be low profile when I mentioned my added weight since then. In reality I am solid 50 pounds heavier and the LT saddle is saying, "no mas" . All I was trying to say is that it was alot more comfy when I was smaller. I now may end up looking for aan aftermarket saddle. I like the idea of a rick mayer or a day long saddle because I can do a ride in.
Yeah, I feel your pain - I'm up 20 lbs. myself since my first LT in 01... it's the brewskis fault.

"Like Butt-ahh!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in