Newbie Question - Trip Computer Blues - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 5:30 pm Thread Starter

Newbie Question - Trip Computer Blues

Good Day All: This is my second post so please bear with me. I have a 2003 LT that was purchased with no Trip Computer. I decided to add one but also required a change to my right hand switch gear as I did not have a BC button. Okay so this you guys know. So here is the problem(s), the BC button is not talking to the trip computer, when I press the button nothing happens on the trip computer. Everything else on the switch gear works but the BC button.

Also the computer reads-40F continually. Every other function on the computer works from the unit except the ambient temperature. Does some one know if an air sensor comes prewired on a bike without a trip computer? I have read that there is an air sensor in the nose under the front light. I did not see one.

Lastly the right hand switch gear came from a 2004 LT while the trip computer came from a 99LT, would that make a difference. I would appreciate any advice you guys can give...one thing for sure is this bike is sweeeet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 5:47 pm
Just ridin'

Re: Newbie Question - Trip Computer Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie
Good Day All: This is my second post so please bear with me. I have a 2003 LT that was purchased with no Trip Computer. I decided to add one but also required a change to my right hand switch gear as I did not have a BC button. Okay so this you guys know. So here is the problem(s), the BC button is not talking to the trip computer, when I press the button nothing happens on the trip computer. Everything else on the switch gear works but the BC button.

Also the computer reads-40F continually. Every other function on the computer works from the unit except the ambient temperature. Does some one know if an air sensor comes prewired on a bike without a trip computer? I have read that there is an air sensor in the nose under the front light. I did not see one.

Lastly the right hand switch gear came from a 2004 LT while the trip computer came from a 99LT, would that make a difference. I would appreciate any advice you guys can give...one thing for sure is this bike is sweeeet
I cannot help you with the first question. There are two power supplies to the BC, one from fuse F1 and the other from Fuse F5. If those fuses are in place, you would have to see if there is supply to the BC on pins 5 and 10 of the connector when the bike is on.

The temperature probe is up under the nose and I have never seen one on a bike without a BC.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 10:02 pm Thread Starter

Re: Newbie Question - Trip Computer Blues

Thanks Randy...sounds like something else I need to make this work. I will check it out..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in