Wow , just home from 3 day 850 mile trip..... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 12:24 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Wow , just home from 3 day 850 mile trip.....

I have said it before and I will say again this is the best bike I have ever owned.

Friend just got a new (Yamaha) Star Royal Star Venture (07) in blue and black, really nice bike. Got the driving light bar added and lower shield (he is about 5'8"). Bike is very comfy and looks great. So off we went.....

Just home from three days of riding .... Houston to San Antonio (all back roads) the first day , second day in the hill country northwest of San Antonio (Bandera, Leakey, did the "Three Sisters" etc.) then all backroads home to Houston on day three.

Great weather and the LT was superb. I have taken two other trips with her previously with the same results. Hardly notice weather there is a passenger or not, great comfort, electric windscreen and cruise are a MUST on any bike now, good fuel economy and range (high actual was 49 mpg, low two up in alot of head wind was 43 mpg). Sound system is really nice to have as well. Handling in the curves was great and the power is suprising .

Only things I want now are : GPS is a MUST . Borrowed a friends TomTom and man do these make things nice and easy. Better lighting - have not done much riding at night until this weekend and the light does indeed suck as everyone knows....need to add some PIAA's or other HIDS. Highway pegs....JPEG XL's or Micapegs or something so I can stretch out a bit on occassion. Intercom would be nice but not necessary. Already have my IPod through the cassette with an adaptor , works great. Sure wish she was Canyon red also , but that is just wishful thinking

Man , I love my LT .....just need to do my 12K now (overdue ).

As for the Venture......it got ~43 mpg (still under 1K on it AFTER the trip). Very comfy and looks really nice. Not as fast as the BMW nor as good mileage and couldnt hope to run with it in the twistys. No centerstand or electric screen or ABS. Nice sound system. Nicely priced and they have a good reputation for reliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 2:03 pm

Re: Wow , just home from 3 day 850 mile trip.....

Sounds like a great trip...I'm heading from DFW to Wimberley this coming weekend for 2-3 days of hill country riding...any recommendations? And of course food recommendations
Thanks,
MRod
post #3 of 4 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 2:26 pm

Always happy to hear about a nice ride.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

post #4 of 4 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 3:06 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7mikae7
Sounds like a great trip...I'm heading from DFW to Wimberley this coming weekend for 2-3 days of hill country riding...any recommendations? And of course food recommendations
Thanks,
MRod
MRod , if you have not done the "Three Sisters" , they are a MUST. Lots of GREAT scenary and good road conditions. Lots of low to medium speed corners . From Wimberly go west south west to Bandera and then Leakey- from there take 337 to 335 to 41 to 336 back to Leakey again (there is a nice Biker Bar/restaurant there to rest at). 337 from Medina to Leakey is nice also .....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in