I'm being snubbed! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 7:23 pm Thread Starter

I'm being snubbed!

I have been riding motorcycles for the last 25 years. I have not owned many bikes in that time, total of five. I have owned an enduro, a standard, a cruiser, 1200 goldwing, and the LT (just bought this season).

Due to the winter we had, I have only been riding the LT for the last two weeks. I have ridden over 700 miles in the last two weeks, and I have to say, I have NEVER been snubbed by so many Harley riders. Very few Harley riders wave back to me on the LT.

On my other bikes, even my '86 goldwing ( I rode that one the last three seasons), most HD riders waved back, but on the LT, they snub me!!

What gives? Are they jealous?

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 7:32 pm

Re: I'm being snubbed!

Maybe you're going to fast for them to react. Check your mirrors.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
post #3 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 7:38 pm

I'm noticing the same thing. Last year I got a wave back from 80% of the HD riders. So far this year? Maybe 1 in 10.

Guy I work with owns a Road King and is a HOG member. Maybe there was some article in the HOG magazine about how Harley owners should only wave to their own. I'll have to sneak a peek at his copy. That is, if I can find it. He hides it from me ever since I snuck a sheet of blotter paper into it, along with a 'notice from the factory' explaining that they were including the sheet as a bonus to place under the bike to absorb the oil drops. That very day, his primary cover started leaking.

He still blames me.

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)

post #4 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 7:49 pm

Here in Va. Beach most wave back. It use to be that when someone bought a HD they wanted to be different and chromed it out to be even different than the other HD riders. Now everyone has a chromed out HD and they all look alike. Now we drive the bike thats not like everyone else. Our beloved LTs. Here where I live its the custom chopper folks that wont give you the time of day or a wave. I do not really care what they do. Plus I feel sorry for them. They are so in to looking cool on their 50k choppers and custom bikes ,but they have to have the roughest worst handling, most uncomfortable ride and all to look cool.
post #5 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 8:41 pm

I was watching Hog Heaven tv show, (a 30 minute comercial for HD it appears) and they were promoting waving to HD riders and not others. I was quite surprised at the attitude promoted on the show.

They were promoting HD Loyalty!

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 8:55 pm

It's not that they are not waving to you , they are putting out their hand to other HD riders to catch parts that fall off and they know no parts to be caught falling of a "Beemer " .I did not make this up a lad riding a HD at Mt Rushmore clued me into it as he was eyeballing my old 99LT all the while asking how it ran and how I liked it , he even asked to sit on it , had not my wife been there I do not think his wife would not got off the LT.

Bob G
post #7 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 9:08 pm

It's not just HD drivers (and not all of them). Since I started riding my LT & RT I find fewer people waving back period. I used to get about 80%. Now it seems more like 30%. On a good day 50%.

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT (sold - sigh)
1996 Sinus (aka Cirrus) Blue Metallic R1100RT
post #8 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Nah, they just have a hard time believing that anyone can:

1. Be comfortable on two wheels
2. Not have bugs in their teeth (or lack thereof)
3. Have a smooth ride without severe kidney damage
4. Have a happy wife/girlfriend/moll on the back
5. Not have to stop every 50 miles in order to "shake it out"
6. Pass a hearing test at 50 years of age
7. Have normal heart and lung function from not having to inhale noxious fumes from other "individualists" riding in front of them
8. Run heated vests, cell phones, ipods and a Waring blender at one time without burning out their alternators
9. Actually RIDE from one destination to another without having to trailer
10. Have curious spectators come up to them at gas stations and say:

Gee, I didn't know BMW makes motorcycles!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #9 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 9:48 pm
BMW Guru

Why do you give a shit? Enjoy YOUR ride...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #10 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 9:56 pm

There is an undercurrent going with SOME HD riders. A couple of experiences I've had include:

A guy I worked with owned a Heritage Classic or some such HD model (sorry, I don't keep updated on them that much.) We took a day ride, all went ok, but on one of our several breaks, (his idea, not mine) he explained that he had two separate waves. One for other HDs, one for everyone else on two wheels. I was amused.

Another more recent ride included a ride with a guy with a brand new HD Night Train (I think thats the model.) We stopped at a local car show and parked somewhat close to the entrance. After lapping the show, we came back to see three guys gawking at my LT, with his NT right beside it. He noticed. "Go figure. A perfectly good HD Night Train sitting there and the crowd forms around the BMW." (His words!) I was amused.

To be balanced, we camped at the Ruidoso, NM rally in Sept by one of the most hard core HD true bikers I've ever met. He was the real deal of that crowd. Anyway, we got aquainted and he looked over the LT with great interest, esp after he saw me BACK up the small rise into our campsite fully loaded. (His load was a bed roll, no tent, no nothin' else.) As we talked, he expressed much disdain for the loads of HD riders that trailered their bikes to the rally, rode around the campground and annoyed everyone. He was a really nice guy, despite the rough look. I was impressed.

Bottom line. It takes all kinds. I'll wave whether they wave or not. I say we keep on a wavin' !
Happy Trails!

Steve
Chandler, AZ
2000 BMW 1200LT

post #11 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 10:23 pm

They can't hear you wave with loud pipes!
post #12 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 10:24 pm

They are too afraid to let go of the handle bar to wave.

I'd post more, but I have better things to do. :-))
Bob

PS: Maybe they were all from MA?
PSS: Try waving at the hoards on their way to Weirs Beach for the UGLY show and races.

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
post #13 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 10:46 pm
Cat Herder

Garage
I agree with Ted

Who gives a S**T... They are hanging on for dear life...
and they all dress like "Pirates" too...

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

post #14 of 52 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 11:08 pm

I have both the LT and a HD Deuce. I dearly love the Deuce: the sound, the feel, everything about it. What I don't understand is the HD mentality. It's just unreal at times. I sit at the dealership and watch a Halloween costume party going in and out. I put about 11,000 miles a year on the HD alone, but it seems like most only want to ride about 1,000 a year. Sometimes I wonder if it's more of the 'life style' they buy into rather than the bike. Even read an interview by Sonny Barger who said he only rode and worked on HD because everyone else did. He didn't like the Harley, but was too peer pressured to try anything else. I just don't understand the whole thing. But I'll wave at you anyway
post #15 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 2:41 am
Gold Supporter

Smile Re: I'm being snubbed!

And when I'm stopped at a local "watering hole" (bar) to have a soft drink and chat with the 'boys', it is amazing how many folks gaze at my 05 graphite LT and not at the H-D's.

Take extreme comfort in your knowledge of all the great things you personally enjoy when you are riding your Beemer.

One of my colleagues references the H-D's as "last century's technology at tomorrow's prices!"
Frankly, it doesn't matter one bit what any other pilgrim thinks about your ride. I rarely have any other rider, H-D or otherwise, do anything except marvel at all the aesthetic qualities of the LT even w/o personally experiencing the ride! And when you question any of them in a non-confortational manner whether they have ever taken a LT for a test ride, the majority respond with a NO...pretty much reveals their credibility whether a LT is one way or the other! But be kind to these folks, after all, a ride is a ride!

Last summer I had the occasion to ride one of the new Victory bikes and, although it was real smooth for a large twin, I sure appreciated riding the LT home!
post #16 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 4:09 am

It doesn't matter whether they wave back or not. If they are so materialistic to judge others by what type of motorcycle they ride, let 'em eat dirt..

Not a big deal. Just enjoy the ride.
post #17 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 4:52 am

Personally, I love to take the LT to the local HD dealers especially when they have open house. Pull in find a nice spot, throw it in reverse back in and then just stand there and run the electric stand down and get off gracefully.

One time I had one guy want to know if i was going to trade THAT bike for a Harley. I said nope finished trying out harleys. If anyone ever gets snooty I just show them my life member HOG card and tell them it's fun to come and see just how much chrome ppl can get on a bike they ride maybe once a week if they are lucky.

An for me waving! I'll wave at a kid on a scooter. (makes them feel like they are riding a real bike) lol

Mike
06 K1200 LT
01 Corvette Conv (RED)
BMWMOA # 128948
IBA #19196
post #18 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 6:40 am

As for my area, the local HD riders pretty much always wave. In fact now that the locals HD riders that know where my house is they wave or honk when they ride by.
They see all the toys in the garage and now I too enjoy the sport.

But now that the seasons have changed and the tourist are flocking back to the mountains, I notice the visitor don't wave at anyone.
This could be because there are so many new HD riders who are first time owners; they just don't know educate.

Just keep waving, they will either catch on or crash and get out of the sport.

Visit
_ Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over?
post #19 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 6:50 am
Cooler on the east coast!!!

I get snubbed all the time, I just keep waving.
I too do not get the mentality of many HD riders, go figure.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #20 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 7:55 am

Garage

As a friend of mine who studied philosophy always says

"What you think of me, is none of my business"

If you go through life expecting other people to make you happy, you will often be dissapointed. They have their own agendas, and that's fine. Be happy in the moment and in yourself. Smile and wave, it makes the world a better place.

Good weekend y'all

David

You can't guarantee tomorrow, so do it today!
post #21 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 9:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Shred
Why do you give a shit? Enjoy YOUR ride...

Honest and True

Best response of any in this thread!!!!!
post #22 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 10:39 am

I own two Harley's plus my K12 - both of the Harleys are V-Rods (one of which I converting to a trike), and if you think you're snubbed on a K12, you otta see how they react to my V-rods Downright RUDE!!

Can't say that I really care, the V-rod is the ONLY stock Harley that has a chance of keeping up with my K12!
post #23 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 11:11 am

I wonder if the fact that more and more cops are riding bemers has anytning to do with it ???
post #24 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 3:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenley
I wonder if the fact that more and more cops are riding bemers has anytning to do with it ???
That's a good point. They're riding the RTs around here and, as a rule, I don't wave at motor cops. They've never waived at me, usually not even glancing in my direction, and I hate to give a nice waive to someone who just might pull me over and collect some revenue for the state because I was going 5 mph over. I don't know how to take the wave back.

A few months ago, I drove by a school near my house and 4 motor cops are lined up waiting to write some tickets, all RTs. I'm looking at the bikes as I go by, and they're looking at me, and it seemed like a mexican stand off. No one knew if they should give a biker hello. Eventually, one of them nods in my direction, and I nod back. It was the one woman cop. I don't know if that means she's just more friendly than the guys, or if I'm just one hot piece of ass (probably the former).

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #25 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 3:49 pm

Thumbs up Re: I'm being snubbed!

Traveling with my buddy to Americade last year. We were on Rte 17 in Vermont going over the top of the notch at Mad River Glen. We stop at the rest area at the top to take in the views.
A group of HD riders were there and one mentioned to me that I had left my driving lights on.
I said thanks and turned them off. Another asked me why I had those lights on? I told him that it was mostly a safety issue. " I want people to see me"
Then the wise guy of the bunch pipes in " If I was riding that I wouldn't want anyone to see me".
Well all his buddies were pretty quiet. He didn't get the laugh he thought he was going to get.
Anyway after a little more discussion found they where cruising the area riding from pub to pub and staying at motels.
They just couldn't understand why we had already put on 400 for the day and still had at least another 100 to go for the day on the way to our CAMPING spot on Lake George.

I say ride what you want. As far as the wave. I wave first and don't even look to see if they wave back half the time....UNLESS THEY ARE ON A BEEMER!

Mark D.
Groveland,MA
2002 KLT (JETBLUE)
1993 ST1100 (retired)
1982 GPz 1100 EFI (retired)
1979 750F (retired)
post #26 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 4:26 pm

I find the majority of HD riders will wave if they are by themselves or at most with one more rider. This drops to abt 50% wave for "normal" groups and 0% for gang types.

As for me, I wave at most everyone, sometimes even scooter drivers !

2011 BMW 1600GTL
2000 BMW R1100R
2008 Burgman 650EX
post #27 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Shouldn't worry... wave.. it's about how good YOU feel about MC... and someday, maybe they'll get it, too.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #28 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 6:41 pm

I've found that EVERYBODY on a bike waves in miserable conditions.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #29 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 7:31 pm

I have ridden HDs for a long time and just this year got a LT I still ride them both alternating so they both get along while in the garage together. Some people wave and some dont ,I dont allways wave, so I dont think a whole lot about it. Dont worry about it and just enjoy the ride.
post #30 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 11:15 pm

I waved to a bike mounted California Highway Patrolman today. I got a smile and a wave in return. Real riders wave, if they see you. The others? Who cares!

Darrell

'00 BMWK1200LT
'05 Triumph Tiger
IBA #16091
BMW-MOA #125320
post #31 of 52 Old Apr 19th, 2008, 11:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzbmwhnd
They can't hear you wave with loud pipes!
The quote of the century!
post #32 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 1:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus
Real riders wave, if they see you. The others? Who cares!
I agree. The most amusing thing I saw was last year riding the BRP near Asheville. I was setting up for a curve when I saw them. There they were in all their spendor--posers on steroids! A yuppie couple on their Nipponese cruiser replete with chrome, loud pipes. You know, all the poser baubles. The "rider" was wearing his mandatory dog dish helmet (for lack of better word), wife beater T-shirt, demin shorts and tennis shoes (no socks). Underneath his really cool sun glasses (the ONLY eye protection he had on) he wore the most amazing scowl on his face I've ever seen. I'm normally in a bad mood and for the most part socially noncompliant, but this clown really outdid himself! His main squeeze was right behind him dressed the same. I waved, and the only response I managed to muster out of him was a deeper scowl. I laughed out loud partly in pity for the fool, partly in disbelief. Most of us here probably have more time in a left turn than this nitwit has on a bike. I can never recall a time in the last 36 years of riding that I thought I was superior to anyone for what I, or they, were riding. It's all about getting out there and riding, not anything more.

By the way, just to be a horse's a$$ (remember, I told you I was a social miscreant) I like to wave to the cruisers I meet while in a nice, tight curve. I can set the LT or RT up in the curve and take one hand off the bars long enough to wave. I have a riding buddy that follows me and get a great laugh out of me doing that. He says the look on their faces is unbelievable...kinda like..."How the hell does he do that??"
post #33 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 6:32 am

I like to tell the story about a time (last summer) that an Ohio State Highway Patrol motor officer ran us down on I-70 in Columbus; we're in traffic, doing 55 mph through downtown when he pulled up ahead of us. He motioned for us to pull alongside him in traffic, at which point he yells over to us "Nice bike! I have the same thing at home.", accompanied by a big thumbs-up. The Ohio state patrol uses HDs.

Yeah, we waved at him!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #34 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 7:22 am

Life is too short to worry about what others do or don't do. I wave at all bikes, and have been waved back to by most, and not by a few. The few have been riding all make of bikes,Yes even BMWs
post #35 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 8:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by living_free
I have been riding motorcycles for the last 25 years. I have not owned many bikes in that time, total of five. I have owned an enduro, a standard, a cruiser, 1200 goldwing, and the LT (just bought this season).

Due to the winter we had, I have only been riding the LT for the last two weeks. I have ridden over 700 miles in the last two weeks, and I have to say, I have NEVER been snubbed by so many Harley riders. Very few Harley riders wave back to me on the LT.

On my other bikes, even my '86 goldwing ( I rode that one the last three seasons), most HD riders waved back, but on the LT, they snub me!!

What gives? Are they jealous?

Since I changed to a new brand name deodorant, everyone waves back at me. That, and my winning smile.
post #36 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 8:28 am
Human Behaviour Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by living_free
Very few Harley riders wave back to me on the LT. on the LT, they snub me!! What gives? Are they jealous?
Nope .... they simply CAN'T take a hand off the handles and keep it on the road. If you slow down (to Harley speeds) and look closer you may find that they are nodding their head, or winking .......
post #37 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 8:29 am

Now that my BMW emblem is gone, even the LT riders aren't waving back anymore.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #38 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 1:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithb
Honest and True

Best response of any in this thread!!!!!

You said it! A lot of HD riders are doing it only for the image of the 'biker'; ride only on a weekend, and have not yet experienced the camaraderie that can take place between those that know. Save your energy to enjoy your ride, and instead of looking at other bikers hoping for a wave, look ahead, look around, savor the feeling of what you are doing.
post #39 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 1:15 pm

Thumbs up Re: I'm being snubbed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots

I'd love to see more pic's of your paint job! Post 'em if you got 'em please.
Thanks!
post #40 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 8:00 pm

I often wonder if the cruiser types arent a bit intimidated by the safety gear most of us wear. I talk to all kinds of riders and I have found many get almost angry when they find out I wear a helmet 99% of the time, even though its not the law here in Illinois. One guy actually believes its a sign of a new inexperienced rider because of the need for safety gear! As has been stated before

Who gives a shit
post #41 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 9:28 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahpd1992
I often wonder if the cruiser types arent a bit intimidated by the safety gear most of us wear. I talk to all kinds of riders and I have found many get almost angry when they find out I wear a helmet 99% of the time, even though its not the law here in Illinois. One guy actually believes its a sign of a new inexperienced rider because of the need for safety gear! As has been stated before

Who gives a shit
New inexperienced riders I think not More like safe informed riders. How hard or thick are their heads anyway!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #42 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 10:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBass
As a friend of mine who studied philosophy always says

"What you think of me, is none of my business"

If you go through life expecting other people to make you happy, you will often be dissapointed. They have their own agendas, and that's fine. Be happy in the moment and in yourself. Smile and wave, it makes the world a better place.

Good weekend y'all

David
Ive seen this arguement about waving, etc in many different forums, but this response is the best Ive ever seen...

Thanks, David!

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #43 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 10:21 pm

That is a pretty wild paint job on your bike, pretty scarry. Where did you get the idea of a fighting shark ???

BTW

I wave at most people, only when I am in a situation where I don't want to take both hands of my bike is when I do not wave. Then I raise up my fingers on the grips and nod my head. Back in Michigan where I moved from, cops waved back, but here in Arizona they don't.

again, good paint job

Marty Galison
Surprise, Arizona

"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --
post #44 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 10:22 pm

(thread hijack) I choose to wear my gear any time and every time the bike leaves the garage. People at my job asked me last summer, "Isn't that stuff hot?" Dang right it is, but I can sweat a whole lot easier I can bleed. I'm not dressing for the ride. I'm dressing for the possibility of the sudden, unexpected stop.(thread un-hijack)

I wave at everybody, motorcycles, scooters, liquor sickles, it doesn't matter. Some wave, some don't. I don't take it personally. I'm enjoying my ride and hope others are.

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #45 of 52 Old Apr 20th, 2008, 10:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgalison
Where did you get the idea of a fighting shark ???
Curtiss P-40 Warhawk
It is something else.

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #46 of 52 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 12:56 am

Re: I agree with Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy
Who gives a S**T... They are hanging on for dear life...
and they all dress like "Pirates" too...
I want to be a pirate, Arghhhhhh!!! Oh wait, I would have to ride one of those pieces of fecal matter. I wave and if they don't wave back they are just missing out on the community of motorcyclists.

I have also noticed the mass switch to riding bikes and i have also noticed that a lot of the newer riders have no idea what that other biker is doing when we are actually waving at them.

Jeremy
1999 Champagne
Bike #70151
post #47 of 52 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 10:38 am

I must admit, the occasional snub used to bother me as well. I have even gotten the finger in response to a wave

I have adopted to return wave. I will wave back 100% of the time, but do not initiate the wave...hey...works for me...

post #48 of 52 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 11:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots

You should have a ragged pair of H-D boxer shorts hanging off of the tooth. That or a $100 bill.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
post #49 of 52 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 12:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkramer
You should have a ragged pair of H-D boxer shorts hanging off of the tooth. That or a $100 bill.
What that is, and you really can't tell since the pic was taken with my iPhone, is a mangled chrome exhaust pipe. I'm not gonna tell you where the pipe came from, though

-=grif=-

Grok
post #50 of 52 Old Apr 21st, 2008, 6:11 pm

When I see the bikes on the trailer, I wave anyway.

Otherwise, if they don't wave back, they are distracted, having an erotic thought, or not SEEing. If they don't return the wave, I chalk it up to the erotic thought!

Avatar credit: Curtis Callaway, 2009
Rider of Stahlross
1999 Basalt Grey LT
2001 Classic Red Ducati 748

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in