Tire wobble - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 9:06 pm Thread Starter

Tire wobble

The wife and I were out riding and I noticed at low speeds the front tire seemed to wobble a bit. Seemed ok last time I rode. Any thoughts? BTW I have the Metz that came with the bike new and have about 6300 miles on her. Tread all looks good but I have not checked the pressure in a awhile either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 9:47 pm
cws

Garage
Re: Tire wobble

Tons of threads on tire wobble, start by checking the bottom of the page for similar threads.
This is an ongoing nuisance for me over a couple of sets of new Metz's, but I don't think for a second its just the Metz.
If its worst at a slowing speed from about 80kph (50 mph or so) then its not uncommon.
At other speeds it might be something else... ?
You can spend hours reading about this... have fun

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 3 Old Apr 17th, 2008, 10:14 pm
KIC

Re: Tire wobble

The tire pressure makes a lot of difference in the deceleration wobble on my 2000. I run 42lbs in my front. when it's even a little bit lower, it will wobble when I let off the throttle ( and let go of the handlebars. )

I monitored my air pressures closely this winter and was surprised at how much the cold weather ( hey it got down to the 30's once or twice ) lowered my pressure.

Good luck.

PROUD FATHER OF A MILITARY DAUGHTER !.
She's for sale
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

There are those who ride BMW's.. and those who wish they did.

Ron's R11/1 Vergasser's - 1st Wingman

Sophmore : BMWLT - University of Luxury Touring Education

2000 K1200LTC Champagne SOLD 7-08
2006 KLR 650 - RED- The fast dual sport color !
2002 TW 200 - White/Blue - #1,The wife's CRF replacement.
2002 TW 200 - WhiteBlue - #2, My matching toy
2001 XT 225 - White/Blue - Sold 7/08
92 K75S Red and fast (sadly gone)

Yamaha YZ 250 for the dirt ( still good use for a smokin' 2-stroke !) In critical care 4/08
Honda CRF 230F - Wifey's dirt fun. (Sold)
Many Honda 750 F's (May they Rest In Peace)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in