touch up paint colors - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 10:28 pm Thread Starter

touch up paint colors

Was looking at colorrite.com for some tough up paint, and noticed that they don't list colors for the 01, but do for the 02. And was looking through some old threads about colors for years, and found that messanger13 had found Pacific Blue for 00, 01, and 02. Would the color be the same for all three years? If I bought the 02 Pacific Blue, would it match my 01?
Thanks, Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 11:29 pm

Smile Re: touch up paint colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmlt
Was looking at colorrite.com for some tough up paint, and noticed that they don't list colors for the 01, but do for the 02. And was looking through some old threads about colors for years, and found that messanger13 had found Pacific Blue for 00, 01, and 02. Would the color be the same for all three years? If I bought the 02 Pacific Blue, would it match my 01?
Thanks, Frank
I don't think the year is as important as the paint code number itself. If you go back and look I'll bet the listing has the same paint code number for all years listed.

Good Luck!

Duane

Check the obvious first!
01 LT Champagne "The Starship"
73 Z1 Kawi
and 7 long gone
post #3 of 3 Old Apr 18th, 2008, 8:53 am

Re: touch up paint colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmlt
Thanks, Frank
ColorRite only lists one color for 2005 K LT bikes and hasn't answered either of my two email inquiries about other colors, specifically "Light Yellow Metallic" (code # 376 I think!) I don't know what is going on with them. A couple years ago, I wanted a color not listed and they were quick to answer and supplied the paint that I needed just as quickly. Hmmm....?

I am not happy that BMW has (evidently) stopped shipping touch up paint to the U S market and has done nothing to help owners get same. They must not think their machines are subject to scratches!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in