Originally Posted by big dog
Thanx Raffy, much appreciated. What benefit is there in removing the cannister?
this is the info you will find usefull about the cannister removal (from archives). i have not been looking for it in my bike, but from what i understand, the Australian LT's do not have it.
LT Canisterectomy Directions
1. Pull the top case (trunk) and the panel underneath it.
2. Disconnect the hose coming from the gas tank to the canister (facing front, coming from the tank down the right side of the bike to the right side of the canister). Route this hose to vent in an open space low on the bike.
3. Remove the hose from the canister to the intake (facing front, going from the left side of the canister down to the intake). Take a threaded machine screw and insert it into the end of the hose. You can add a hose clamp for extra assurance, but a large enough screw wonít come out.
4. Cut and remove the strap holding the canister in place.
5. Pull canister out with the remaining intake hose routed to the rear of the bike still attached. You may have to remove the rear mud flap to unhook it from its routing clips.
6. Reinstall rear panel and top case.
I went hunting thru the archives and made some pdf attached files of some info you ight find usefull