Yip, yip, yippee . . . - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 4:32 pm Thread Starter

Yip, yip, yippee . . .

Finally, the weather and my schedule cooperated and I was able to get the LT out on the road for the first time in forever.
What a wonderful ride, this bike never ceases to amaze me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 4:47 pm

Re: Yip, yip, yippee . . .

I know how you feel. I just got back from my second ride EVER on my LT. Rode 113 miles this afternoon!! Temp was around 45. Quite the difference from my '86 wing. I love this bike!

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent

post #3 of 6 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Me too, first ride of the season. Still snow on the grass but it's going fast 62 today in northern Michigan, it's been a long wait.. Just finished my 36,000 service and put on two new tires, new rick Mayer seat and a Nuvi GPS everything works great. I wanted to break the new tires in before my track day in three weeks. I feel better now (PMS) is gone.

Ride Safe
Rodger

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Ride Safe

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 8:30 am

Yep, me too. Took first ride of the season yesterday with wife (200 mi.). I didn't think spring would ever get here. Things are still alittle wet, like the lawn I have to ride over to get the bike out but the big girl handles it with ease. Today it's suppose to be 62 again so here goes another set of ruts in the lawn but so what, I want to ride .

Pat Rourke
White Lake,MI.
2002 K1200 LTC, Champange

post #5 of 6 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 8:46 am

Supposed to have a high of 47 today, so I'll be back out. Daughter (13) hasn't ridden on the LT yet, so she wants to go out today.

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent

post #6 of 6 Old Apr 7th, 2008, 6:33 am

Did 350 miles with this new to me US '06 and was able to take all the stresses of life away. The bike performs as great as everyone raves about and even better than I can remember a previous '01 did (more confidence in slow mo).

This is my second ride after bringing it home took 230 miles and it was interesting to see what a difference bicycle shorts did to improve seat comfort. I have the standard heated seat and wonder if the comfort seat would even be better.

Have a great and safe riding season...

Mauro

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving."

BMWMOA - #45711

2006 K1200LT - Blue Baby
2003 R1150GS - Yellowbird
1981 R100CS - Sadly gone
1991 K1100RS - Sold and burned
1986 K100RS - In the past

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in