Good Idea for lowering gas prices - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 1:10 pm Thread Starter
Member
 
BikerBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: , S, Calif, USA
Posts: 36
Post Good Idea for lowering gas prices

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY IDEA,

BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of
his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired
of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer,
and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.29 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need
to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together
to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .. and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MIL LION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days !!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not
buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Keep it going PLEASE!!!!

Click on the link for Information on pure clean healthy drinking water


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BikerBob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 1:19 pm
Senior Member
 
JimH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast of , MI,
Posts: 256
Garage
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

I'm a pessimist (rather an experienced optimist) so I don't think this will have the desired effect.

Besides apathy of the General Public, the laws of Supply and Demand will come into play.

If everyone buys from the 'other' companies, the demand for their product will exceed their supply, so they will raise their prices in an attempt to lower the demand back to their supply point.
JimH is offline  
post #3 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 1:35 pm
Senior Member
 
tkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 424
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Pure BS. It's not U.S. demand that is driving up oil prices, it's global demand. The most populous developing countries, ( India, China ), have ratcheted up the demand recently, and it's not going to slow down. They're selling a new car for $2500 in India now! Sahib is going to trade in his moped for a Tata the first chance he gets! Add to that the fact that oil production has likely peaked and the supply-side of the equation kicks in. Oil prices are going in one direction only. Get used to it.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
tkramer is offline  
 
post #4 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 2:24 pm
Senior Member
 
joegottberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mooresville, NC, USA
Posts: 1,191
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Just another excuse to go RIDING !

2005 KLT "Old Blue"

Bruno the "Bugg"


Democracy will only exist until 51% of the population believes they can live off the other 49% .
joegottberg is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 2:45 pm
Senior Member
 
dwsdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshall, TX, USA
Posts: 1,751
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

It sounds good in theory, but I have this feeling that if we COULD cripple Exxon/Mobil, it would drive demand up at other companies who would eventually run low on fuel and not be able to keep up with demand. Exxon/Mobil would then sell their surplus to the companies that need the fuel.

I don't see anyway around it. We will soon be paying what our friends across the pond pay. And that will make OPEC extremely happy.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dwsdad is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 3:31 pm
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,291
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

The U.S. could quit buying gas & they would not lower prices. There's other countries waiting to scoop it up & before they lower prices, they would lower refinery throughput first. That would drive the price higher, lower thier operating cost & make the same money. I think world wide demand for oil is driving the price up more than U.S. demand for gasoline is. Where I work, the local poeple make only a few dollars a day & pay $4 for gasoline, pay extreme taxes & get zero public services in return.
What gets me is now that they have access to outside news because of their internet access at work, they see all the mess going on in the U.S. All they have to say is "one day I hope my country can be like the U.S.".
Big_E is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 3:42 pm
Senior Member
 
hallzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gold Country, CA, USA
Posts: 2,571
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Demand for gasoline is way down already in the U.S., and prices are still rising. I just drive my car less, and LT more!

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
hallzee is offline  
post #8 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 4:03 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: , ,
Posts: 299
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerBob
THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY IDEA,

BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of
his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired
of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer,
and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.29 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need
to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together
to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .. and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MIL LION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days !!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not
buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Keep it going PLEASE!!!!
This has been around before in various forms. In my opinion it presumes that (1) domestic oil companies control foreign crude oil prices and (2) that there is little or no competition from other markets for crude. If XOM, for example, were to absorb all their profit, the price would come down 10% in the long run.
ben1364 is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 4:23 pm
Senior Member
 
AliMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Newington, CT, US
Posts: 438
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

This is just an observation, has nothing to do with gas prices and rather than add fuel to this fire, pisses on the message instead.

Discussion of gas prices aside, the intent of the original message is like so many others that run amuck across the internet. It's called Spam. Any email that says "send this to 10 people" or "send to as many people as you can" and such is soliciting you to spam others. The whole message then is bullshit and pissing on it is appropriate.

Mark
'07 RT
AliMar is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 5:25 pm
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 637
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Prices will go down to mid 80`s starting Tuesday, November 4, 2008 to January 20, 2009.

That is if a major political change happens.

Mark my words
paalao is offline  
post #11 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 6:00 pm
Super Moderator
 
DavidTaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Posts: 7,565
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

It's bullshit, check snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DavidTaylor is offline  
post #12 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 6:06 pm
Ted
Senior Member
 
Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Oxnard, CA, USA
Posts: 1,988
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by paalao
Prices will go down to mid 80`s starting Tuesday, November 4, 2008 to January 20, 2009.

That is if a major political change happens.

Mark my words
Won't that be bad for Norway - more than 1/2 of Norway's exports is oil.

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ted is offline  
post #13 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 6:20 pm
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 637
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

hehe true Good to see that you follow the news.
Actualy the petroleum products line is about 70 % in money.
We are the 3 largest petroleum exporter in the world and concidered to be the richest country in the world pr. capita. The Norwegian pention fund is the third largest in the world behind Dubai Investment fund and Singaproe Investment fund. All 3 beeing state funds. It is estimated that Norways pention fund will be the largest within the next 4 years, if the prices of oil continues to be that of today.

Yes so beeing a welfare capitalist system with strong socialist ties, we are pretty well of and with no external debt and a huge bank account.

Norway charges 84.7 % in royalty on all oil production
Venezuela charges 30%, up from 13%
paalao is offline  
post #14 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 6:49 pm
Senior Member
 
myk_edwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England UK
Posts: 1,474
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

$3.29, you got it real easy over there. Try buying your Gas in the UK, £1.10 a litre,

Stick you hand in your pocket and pay, and in 5 years time when we in the UK are paying $20.00 a gallon, you will still be 50% cheaper.

Anyone got a room for rent, or a house for sale? think I need to move.

Rgds
Mike

"For those that know, no explanation is needed,
For those that don't, no explanation is possible."

2001 K12 LT Toscana Green AKA Baby Sh*t Green
Kawasaki EN500 - been sold on!
Hardtail Chopper ( Honda CB 500 engine) in a box still!
myk_edwards is offline  
post #15 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 7:09 pm
Senior Member
 
CharlieVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Deep South of Vermont
Posts: 4,395
These are the good old days.

Burn it while you got it folks.
No organized effort is going to change fundamental supply and demand.
The price of gasoline is gonna go up.
Just a question of how fast and how painful, and what alternatives come along.
Not much for alternatives in the pipeline.
The faster we drive up the price of gas, the sooner alternatives will be developed. It's gonna be spensive, just a question of how spensive.
So regarding the price of gas, enjoy it now. These are the good old days.
Just one opinion.
For another opinion (and that's all it is) check out the video "Crude Awaking" (Netflicks has it).
Interesting.... maybe no one really knows what the global oil reserves are, and maybe current estimates are grossly inflated.

Enjoy the ride.
Smoke 'em if you got em.
CharlieVT is offline  
post #16 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 7:32 pm
Senior Member
 
hallzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gold Country, CA, USA
Posts: 2,571
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk_edwards
$3.29, you got it real easy over there. Try buying your Gas in the UK, £1.10 a litre,

Stick you hand in your pocket and pay, and in 5 years time when we in the UK are paying $20.00 a gallon, you will still be 50% cheaper.

Anyone got a room for rent, or a house for sale? think I need to move.
Mike... You're closer to Norway - go there! he he

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
hallzee is offline  
post #17 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 7:46 pm
Senior Member
 
RonKMiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 6,280
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallzee
Demand for gasoline is way down already in the U.S., and prices are still rising. I just drive my car less, and LT more!
Um, I hate to say this, but.....

In its weekly inventory report, the Energy Information Administration said gasoline supplies fell by 4.5 million barrels last week, twice the decline forecast by analysts surveyed by Dow Jones Newswires. The EIA data also showed that demand for gas rose by nearly 1 percent when compared to the same week last year. That reverses a pattern in which demand had been falling.

With the summer vacation driving season fast approaching I don't see how demand will go down until next fall. Driving will still be an economical alternative for vacations, I think Americans won't stray as far from home. Airfares have been punching upward strongly for the past several weeks due to Jet A costs.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
RonKMiller is offline  
post #18 of 27 Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 8:25 pm
Senior Member
 
dmatson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Torrance, CA, USA
Posts: 1,680
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Why does this supprise people? They haven't made a new refinerey in this country for twenty years so the refinning capacity is always running at near 100% any fire or maintenance puts the system in a tail spin. Most people say ya I would like the prices to come down but don't want you to drill/refine near me because they have been convinced by the liberal media/politicians thats evil and will cause global warming. There is no shortage of oil, Alaska, Canada, the Gulf and along our west coasts are holding huge reserves of oil. Yes China and india are sucking it up but who's fault is that? I agree that we need very tight standards on refinning and drilling to protect the enviroment and unless we put togather a well thought out energy program that uses this while we bring on line Hydrogen or something like it we will be stuck with prices higher every spring and into summer. Of my 28yrs on the fire dept. I worked for 22yrs on the Hazardous Materials team and our Fire dept and City is the first in the nation to sue Exxon/Mobil and regulate them to our standards so I know this can be done. JMHO, rant off!

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
dmatson is offline  
post #19 of 27 Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 2:46 am
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 637
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

"close to Norway, so go there"

Sorry but the fuel prices we have is the most exspencive in the world!!!
A US gallon would cost $ 9.35.- here, so beeing an Oil nation does not give us such advanses. + our sales tax is inbedded in the price and that is 25% not the small 3-7 % which you find in the US or 17% VAT of the UK.

Another way to lower the price of oil is to ask the current administration why they insist to buy the oil when it ALWAYS have the higest prices?

Buying then will always increase the price even further. Just look now, now the US storage is good and we will see falling prices, then the prices will again jump when the reserves are used.
paalao is offline  
post #20 of 27 Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:34 pm
Senior Member
 
tkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 424
Re: These are the good old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVT
...
The faster we drive up the price of gas, the sooner alternatives will be developed. It's gonna be spensive, just a question of how spensive ...
Yep! The energy companies may be greedy but they aren't stupid. The revenues made from escalating oil prices will go towards R&D for alternative power strategies, either directly or indirectly. Oil and gas companies will roll those profits into R&D when the cost of exploration and extraction becomes too high. Power utility companies will scramble for alternatives when their raw material supplies (fossil fuels) get too costly. Every cost-based market transformation has a tipping point. Otherwise we'd still be using whale-oil for lamps and cosmetics.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
tkramer is offline  
post #21 of 27 Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:57 pm
Senior Member
 
hip001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Titusville, Florida, USA
Posts: 225
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

I think the Diesel Motorcycle with 100+mpg is how I wanna fight them!

1985 K100RT 90k
1981 R100RT 56k miles Sold
2000 K1200LT 48k miles Sold
2003 Victory Vegas-12k miles Sold
1982 Suzuki GS550L only 299 miles Sold
1997 Yamaha Vmax-15k miles Sold
1996 Suzuki DR650-17k miles Sold
1996 R1100RT-27k miles Sold
1995 K1100LT-85k miles Sold
1982 Honda CB900F-33k mikes Sold
BMWMOA 138762[/I]
hip001 is offline  
post #22 of 27 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 1:30 pm
Senior Member
 
tkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 424
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip001
I think the Diesel Motorcycle with 100+mpg is how I wanna fight them!
Instead of going to Amoco or Texaco for fuel, you can pull up to the supermarket and buy a bulk jug of Wesson cooking oil.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
tkramer is offline  
post #23 of 27 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 1:43 pm
Senior Member
 
hip001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Titusville, Florida, USA
Posts: 225
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkramer
Instead of going to Amoco or Texaco for fuel, you can pull up to the supermarket and buy a bulk jug of Wesson cooking oil.
Your dam skippy! Gotta be cheaper than the other options!

1985 K100RT 90k
1981 R100RT 56k miles Sold
2000 K1200LT 48k miles Sold
2003 Victory Vegas-12k miles Sold
1982 Suzuki GS550L only 299 miles Sold
1997 Yamaha Vmax-15k miles Sold
1996 Suzuki DR650-17k miles Sold
1996 R1100RT-27k miles Sold
1995 K1100LT-85k miles Sold
1982 Honda CB900F-33k mikes Sold
BMWMOA 138762[/I]
hip001 is offline  
post #24 of 27 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 2:05 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , , USA
Posts: 607
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMar
This is just an observation, has nothing to do with gas prices and rather than add fuel to this fire, pisses on the message instead.

Discussion of gas prices aside, the intent of the original message is like so many others that run amuck across the internet. It's called Spam. Any email that says "send this to 10 people" or "send to as many people as you can" and such is soliciting you to spam others. The whole message then is bullshit and pissing on it is appropriate.
Actually, pissing on bullshit makes it stink even more, and much harder to scoop up with a shovel.
Plus, the splatter marks are hard to get off your shoes.
I try to avoid pissing on bullshit whenever possible.

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)
Tat_n_Telle is offline  
post #25 of 27 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 2:21 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Linden, Michigan, USA
Posts: 74
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

In my never to be humble opinion it is not the Oil companies that are driving the prices up but the commodity brokers who are buying and selling oil futures and gambling that we will pay more etc.
TaKE OIL OFF THE EXCHANGE AND JUST BUY FROM THE PRODUCRES AND WE WILL PAY $2.00 MAX.

Hackercraft
03 LTE
72 75/5 Gone to a new home
03 R1200CLC Hannigan Classic ordered

BMWOA # 134205

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hackercraft792 is offline  
post #26 of 27 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 4:41 pm
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 637
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Dont forget the lesser value of the dollar!!!

The dollar have decreased in value more then 40% Since GWB took over and that would be around - $40 dollars for a barrel of oil.

And the prediction is that the US dollar will decrease even 30% more in value from todays value.

The time before we should have changed the trading currency to Euro is way past due time, but an action like that will again devaluate the dollar imencly.
paalao is offline  
post #27 of 27 Old Apr 4th, 2008, 7:22 pm
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 162
Re: Good Idea for lowering gas prices

Two things we should remember ...... vehicular fuel usage is about 20% of all fuel demand (heating, production of electricity, manufacturing, etc.) so we, as the motoring public, would only have a small impact on the whole picture if we all did combine of efforts in purchasing (and greater fuel ecomony) and the like.
Secondly, let us NEVER forget that the fuel companies have learned well on how to run their businesses so they are very profitable and provide a good return on their investors dollars. Not to give us a good deal at the pumps.
NascaLT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rather longish, but good tips & info! vvk Bike Talk 7 Jun 19th, 2011 5:43 pm
maintenance party/ERC idea nc/sc/va, etc rando South East 15 Aug 18th, 2006 4:52 pm
Gas prices in your area? garry_kramer Bike Talk 21 Aug 6th, 2006 8:18 pm
Good karma big dog Ride Tales 0 Feb 20th, 2006 4:31 am
Triple BBG-Ride Report murray Ride Tales 8 Nov 20th, 2005 7:34 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome