Finally got to Ride!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Mar 27th, 2008, 3:50 pm Thread Starter

Finally got to Ride!!!

Finally got to ride my new LT!!!! It has been sitting in the garage since I brought it home on a trailer two months ago. I live a mile down a private road that has been covered in ice. Most of the ice is gone, but lots of mud. I decided today is the day. Kind of dicey going through the mud and dodging potholes, but made it off my road. Then for the fun!

I have spent the last three seasons on an '86 goldwing. The LT is not a goldwing. What a ride!!! I only rode 65 miles, but it was great. It was 45 degrees today, gotta say, I like the heated grips and seat. I love this bike.
It is definatley fast! At least faster than I am used to. Have to get used to revving it so high though. Love the way it corners. Definatley have to get used the brakes, they are right there!!

I made it home, and put it back into the garage. She'll sit there for few more days, since we are getting another 4 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow. Oh well, at least I finally got to ride it. Here's to many many more miles and smiles!!!

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by living_free; Mar 27th, 2008 at 4:20 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Mar 27th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Re: Finally got to Ride!!!

I know the feeling. I bought my 06 in Feb and has been sitting in the previous owner's garage ever since. He has been good enough to store it (I already paid full price)until the weather gets better. Hoping to "break the ice" this Saturday to bring her home.

enjoy the season!!!

Mauro

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving."

BMWMOA - #47511
2015 F700GS - For my better half whenever I'm not using it!
2007 K1200LT - Nice now!
2003 R1150GS -Black Beauty (sold)
2006 K1200LT - Blue Baby (sold)
2003 R1150GS - Yellowbird (sold)
1981 R100CS - Sadly gone
1991 K1100RS - Sold and burned
1986 K100RS - In the past

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in