Alarm fob ? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 9:22 pm Thread Starter

Alarm fob ?

OK I am a caveman. I can't seem to get the alarm fob to lock the cases every time I activate it. I have read the manual and it really does not tell me anything about the locks. Sometimes they lock, sometimes not. Please help caveman.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 9:24 pm

Re: Alarm fob ?

Get GEICO, so easy a caveman could do it. Sorry, I just couldn't let that one go.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #3 of 11 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 9:32 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Get GEICO, so easy a caveman could do it. Sorry, I just couldn't let that one go.
I was expecting it.

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!

post #4 of 11 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 9:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812
OK I am a caveman. I can't seem to get the alarm fob to lock the cases every time I activate it. I have read the manual and it really does not tell me anything about the locks. Sometimes they lock, sometimes not. Please help caveman.
I assume all covers are latched (sometimes my oddiments box does not close securely because of my tank bag) which could be an issue. Don't know what year your bike is, but attached is a copy of the alarm programing for a 2005 and up LT. Another forum member was kind enough to create it and post it in an older thread.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Programming the Alarm on the 05 KLT.pdf (54.4 KB, 136 views)

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

post #5 of 11 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 9:41 pm

Huh?

All my alarm fob does is arm the alarm. If I want anything locked, I have to use the key. My LT is an '03, cavemen rode them things.

B D R
post #6 of 11 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 9:46 pm

Well beside being a caveman, you're also an ex-Marine, Gunny. Is that a 1+1 = dumber?

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #7 of 11 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 9:46 pm Thread Starter

Mine is an 02' and it has locked the cases a few times. Caveman lost.

post #8 of 11 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny
Huh?

All my alarm fob does is arm the alarm. If I want anything locked, I have to use the key. My LT is an '03, cavemen rode them things.
Excellent point! I'm not sure when central locking became available, I think 2005. Pressing the alarm button on the key fob my '07 cycles as follows: First press - locks the storage compartments; Second - arms the alarm; third - activates immobilizer

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

post #9 of 11 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 10:43 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812
Mine is an 02' and it has locked the cases a few times.
My '02 has never locked anything unless I first inserted and then turned the key...
post #10 of 11 Old Mar 24th, 2008, 11:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimH
My '02 has never locked anything unless I first inserted and then turned the key...
Same on my '03 LTE

BTW, there are two of us ex-marines riding '03 bikes (although one is never an ex-marine, I'm told)!!! Semper Fi, gunny!

Reido
K1600GTL...Blue Metallic
USMC 1971-1975
Ham Radio Call: W0FVR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
--H.H. Humphrey
post #11 of 11 Old Mar 24th, 2008, 6:01 pm Thread Starter

It really locked all the cases 2-3 times when I activated the alarm. Funny thing is I have not been able to replicate this lately.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in