NeoProLink - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 9:01 pm Thread Starter

NeoProLink

I ordered one of the prolink for my IPOD and got in the mail today. I have a few Questions. #
1 the dip switch the 2 on the left go up ,and the 2 on the right #1 goes up and #2 goes down is this right?
#2 How do you select Disc 6 then select track number

When I first hooked it up the artist name and title were on the dash. But then I decided toread the directions and messed it up. Artist name and title not coming up now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 12:29 pm

Re: NeoProLink

Bob,

in case you don't get proper answers from here, send email to Alan at [email protected] He seems a helpful guy.

I still have not received my unit(s) so, I am unable to help. Check the thread about group purchase instructions and you might find guys there who have succeeded and you could PM them directly.

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures of various farkle projects:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Mar 24th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Follow up on my NeoProLink return.

Just wanted you all to know: I returned my NeoProLink because it wouldn't shut off the iPod when I turned the bike off, and I already replaced one battery because of this. It did display the song info on the radio on my 2005 LT.

I emailed icarkits.com requesting a refund and return instructions but they never replied.

As it was getting close to the 30 days, I sent it back with a tracking number. I saw when it got delivered.

A few days later (2-3?) I received an email from icarkits saying they received the unit and they were sorry it didn't work out for me. They said they would issue a refund and it should hit my card in 2-3 days.

The refund hit as promised.

So although I didn't get an answer to my email (I only sent one and I understand companies get busy or the email gets overlooked) I did get a PROMPT refund.

I can recommend this company to anyone who buys from them - at least as far as them living up to their money-back guarantee.

mike p
2005 BMW K1200LT (got it in July 2007)
2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R (parked next to the LT)
1982 Suzuki GS-750EZ (paid $500
for it in 1985, sold it for $450 in 2000)
1978 Honda CB-500F (sold in 1980)
1976 Honda CB-400F (drowned to
death in the blizzard of 1978 in Boston)

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 24th, 2008, 5:15 pm

Re: NeoProLink

Perhaps the unit Mike bought dropped in the 6% failure rate that iCarKit admitted that their units have. Thus they offered to mail to me 11 units instead of the 10 that I have ordered. This one extra would act as a spare in case myself or one of my fellow riders happens to receive a lemon. If all units are OK I mail the extra one back or find a buyer for it and pay for it.

At least this this sounds like a fair offer to me.

And BTW. The "test rabbit" thing that I was referring to on the other thread concerns their totally new units. They have not yet shipped them at all to their customers as they are afraid these units will have (more) problems. So if anyone is willing to test their new generation unit (whatever new features is has, don't ask me..) again, contact Alan at the email mentioned before.

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

Pictures of various farkle projects:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in