Thanks!!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:31 pm Thread Starter

Thanks!!!!

I am a new member and a first time poster. I want to say thanks to everyone on this site.

I purchased a 2003 LT with 40k on it a couple of months ago and have been using it as my daily commute ever since. Yesterday I walked in my office after my normal 35 mile commute to beautiful San Luis Obispo and my right leg and boot was covered in fuel. After doing a quick search and checking the bike, I was sure it was a QD problem. Instead of calling the wife and trailering the bike back home, I went the the local parts store and installed a 5/16 coupler right there in the parking lot after work. I have a local mechanic and he wanted 450.00 for the repair. Again, thanks goes to everyone on the site, I would have been stranded or broke if it werent for you. It is good to know there are good people who are willing to help. I look forward to many years of good riding and meeting you all.

Mark Salazar
Paso Robles, CA
2003 K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:33 pm

Re: Thanks!!!!

Welcome aboard (btw, we won't turn you in to the Eco Nazi's about your pollution event.)

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 3:20 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSal4090
I am a new member and a first time poster. I want to say thanks to everyone on this site.

I have a local mechanic and he wanted 450.00 for the repair. Again, thanks goes to everyone on the site, I would have been stranded or broke if it werent for you. It is good to know there are good people who are willing to help.
That's exactly why I made my membership donation and will continue to until these old bones can't ride no mo'. I'd never have made the mods or maintenance changes myself if I didn't feel so "schooled" by the contributors to this forum. I strive to be a better contributor because of those that have contributed before me.

Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 6:05 pm

Thumbs up Re: Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jers99lt
That's exactly why I made my membership donation and will continue to until these old bones can't ride no mo'. I'd never have made the mods or maintenance changes myself if I didn't feel so "schooled" by the contributors to this forum. I strive to be a better contributor because of those that have contributed before me.

Jer

[CENTER][SIZE=7][COLOR=Red]AMEN!

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in