display = "NO CD" - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Mar 21st, 2008, 11:52 am Thread Starter

display = "NO CD"

Ok, I have been lucky. No small "fun" issues on the 2000 LT. (the ABS went south at 44,000)

Now I have a CD player that sees the mag, which is full of CD, but displays
NO CD.

Any experience with this is appreciated. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Mar 21st, 2008, 11:56 am

Question Re: display = "NO CD"

Do you have a cassette player, or a single CD player in the oddments box?
post #3 of 9 Old Mar 21st, 2008, 1:01 pm

Re: display = "NO CD"

I sometimes have that problem when I put a Burned CD..........

2002LTC 102,000
1979 Honda CX 500 50,000..Sold
1983 FJ1100 Sold
Don.

post #4 of 9 Old Mar 21st, 2008, 5:22 pm

For mine and for that year I would get it if I tried burned CDs.

Tom Ress
Great White North
Minnesota
Canyon Red 2000

You have to grow up to have a mid-life crisis!!!!!

I could play with women or with cars, I find cars are cheaper and you can write a book about cars a guy would understand.
post #5 of 9 Old Mar 21st, 2008, 7:55 pm

Thumbs up Re: display = "NO CD"

Push the CD button a second time then the CD's in the mag will play!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #6 of 9 Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:20 pm Thread Starter

I have the 6 cd player in the right bag and a cassette player in the OD box. I have put new factory CD's in -no help. I can hear the player cycle through the mag looking for a disc (when i have only one in), but it does not pick it up. Pushing the cd button a second time only takes me the the radio.

??????????
post #7 of 9 Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:34 pm

Hi
I work in the higher end home audio/video business. Sounds to me like your laser is shot or at best out of allignment. If its the laser- not worh repairing as it would cost more than a new changer.
post #8 of 9 Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 5:52 pm

Thumbs up Re: display = "NO CD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdd
I have the 6 cd player in the right bag and a cassette player in the OD box. I have put new factory CD's in -no help. I can hear the player cycle through the mag looking for a disc (when i have only one in), but it does not pick it up. Pushing the cd button a second time only takes me the the radio.

??????????
I guess your sequence is different from mine ('03). Radio playing, push CD button...."No CD" appears, push it again, CD's play from changer...........push CD button again, "AUX" appears, push CD button again, "intercom" appears, push CD again and it's back to the radio.

I'm assuming you have the volume up. LOL Sounds like you may have a bigger problem than just not pushing the right buttons. Sorry I wasn't more help.

Had my ride today, sssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooo I'm gooooood!

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #9 of 9 Old Mar 24th, 2008, 10:11 am

I had that problem, and it turned out the "reader" on the player was dirty. I went to Best Buy and purchased a CD cleaner, and it worked just fine. Right after that, I took the CD player out, and now just use my Ipod. The CD player is sitting in a sealed box in the garage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in