Getting LT Next Week - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 6:50 am Thread Starter

Getting LT Next Week

Well it has been 2 weeks since I put my deposit down on a 05 Light Metallic Yellow (Gold) LT. Im driving 600 miles next week to pick it up in Atlanta. Sure as been a long 2 weeks so far!!!
While waiting for the delivery date I have been reading and reading the great info on this forum. What a great place with great knowledge about the LT.
I remember when buying my CLC I kept going over and sitting on a LT they had on the showroom floor and saying to myself that one day the LT would be in mine. That day is almost here!
I also have been reading about the FD and other problems some have had.
I know that when reading forums like this that you will read more about owners with a problem than those that never experienced had one.
If an owner has a problem he or she is going to let the whole world know and the biggest percentage of owners which have no problems probably wont tell a sole. If I do have a problem oh well. Its a man made machine and all made machines have a risk of a problem here or there. They are man engineered and built. I will either fix it or have them fix it and get my butt back on it and ride.

Thanks to all on this forum and for the technical, riding knowledge they provide. Im very excited and imagine the next week will be a very long week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 7:11 am

Re: Getting LT Next Week

GM Alex,

I know what you are going through. I did that for 4 months after I totaled my LT last September. I like your attitude as it is a lot like mine. If you know for sure when you're going to be Atlanta to pick the bike up, PM with you cell if you have one and I'll try and meet you and buy you a cup of coffee.

Congrats on the new ride.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #3 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 8:01 am

Congrats! Just get yourself the "extended warranty".... then enjoy!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #4 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 8:32 am

I just moved up from a CLC also. The LT is an incredible machine. Going on my first big ride this weekend!
post #5 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 9:01 am

I picked up my 05 LT three weeks ago, moved up from the r1200c. No regrets,300 miles down the bike is awesome. I have warr coverage untill july 08,I will purchase the extended warr in June, just for peace of mind. Congradulations.
From rider friendly FL.
post #6 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 9:15 am

Thumbs up Re: Getting LT Next Week

I too lusted after the LT I saw when I first went to the web site. Even Brought in the dealer on his day off to show me around, after I drove almost 200 miles only to find the dealer was closed on monday. The LT was beyond my means at the time and the CLC (silver) was what I had come to evaluate. Bought it too. 24K mi later she jumped in front of a car that was riding with no lights in the early AM. totaled both car and bike. I walked away with injured foot (not serious) and cracked rib. took ins. payment and purchased 04 CL that had a soft side stand mount and after three tries to fix it and the loss of one of the better riding seasons, BMW of NA traded me almost even for an 05 LT. I guess it does prove that good things do come to those who wait.

The CLC was a great bike and the 04 with the duel plugs eliminated the hesitation the 03 had that probably was the reason the car caught me.

You are going to really appreciate the LT.!!!!!

Toby in New York
1983 R80RT Red (sold)
'03 R1200CLC (T-boned and replaced with)
'04 R1200CL Sidestand problem, BMW traded me for
'05 K1200LT. Goldie, Priceless
Lusting after K1600 GTL
post #7 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 10:34 am

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the Nut House! (psst... Everyone in here is nuts, but ME! )

I guess I buy a little differently. After shopping for a few months for a new bike back in '02, I finally decided on an LT. I called my favorite dealer on a Saturday morning and told the owner to call me back in 30 minutes with his best deal. Thirty minutes later he called me back with a GREAT offer, and I rode off his lot with it that afternoon.

Four years later while aboard the LT headed to North Carolina, I called my dealer and told him that if he could find my a blue GT, I'd buy it. There were only about a dozen GTs left in the whole country at that point, I figured he'd NEVER call me back. A couple hours later the phone rings, we agreed on the deal over the phone, and that was that. When I got back from my little trip down south, my GT was just asittin' there waitin' for me. Gotta love that!
post #8 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 11:26 am
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Smile Getting LT Next Week

Hi Alex, you're going to love the LT. You have the right attitude to mechanical things, Ride & ride & ride ( smile & smile & smile ) Learn to do yourself most of the service items (this site will answer 99.9% of questions, get what you can't do back to a dealer) and repair, if and when things go bust. When we bought our LT, before even going out of the dealers showroom, I laid her down twice, just to practice the right technique for picking up. (video here on the site) Just gave me peace of mind to know I could. Almost gave the dealer a heart attack, but then again it was our bike

Jenna: Ocean Blue '06
Hilton: Head of the Steering Committee.
Rena: The Committee.
ET4 Thing 1
ET4 Thing 2
post #9 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 11:39 am
Lifetime Supporter

Cool Re: Getting LT Next Week

And.....that is the best color.

Benton Blalock
"I ride.....the bike doesn't"

'18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure SportDCT
'12 Kawi KLR 650 "Dirty" - traded in
'08 LT Black "Fireball" 113,000+ miles(RIP- transmission - may be seen on the road again)
'05 LT Yeller er Gold? "Ophelia"(RIP- fire) 80,000 miles
'04 R12CLC (RIP- hurricane) 36,000 miles
230,000+ BMW miles
'Rounder'
post #10 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 4:47 pm

I started my BMW life on an 87' LT. Got married and got rid of the bike. 4 years later I move to a block with 5 Harley riders on it. So I buy the only used BMW I could find, an 85K100RS. Was at the dealer in 02' and saw the LT, but way out of my range. The R1150R looked so cool I traded in the K. After finding a used 04'R with 2400 miles I grabbed that and enjoyed it, but took a lot out of me for the over 400 mile days. Found my 02'LT last fall, and the rest will be history. 780 miles in a day and hope to do many more. Good Luck and enjoy!

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in