Group purchase open for NeoProLink - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 4:07 am Thread Starter

Group purchase open for NeoProLink

Hi guys,

I already mentioned about this on the iPod forum but I thought this would get better visibility here:

As I ordered 10 units of these: http://www.icarkits.com/product_info.php?products_id=96
for the Finnish LT-riders I was able to negotiate a 12% discount for all the BMWLT.com members for purchasing this iPod connector.

The procedure goes as follows: You order the unit via their webshop. When you are at the checkout, enter the code "BMWLT.com" in the special comments section. They will automatically give the special price for those who use this "password". If any additional questions arise regarding this I have been in contact with Alan at [email protected]
and we have agreed the deal with him. Unfortunately he was not able to state for how long they can keep this offer open. I would suppose for some weeks anyway. If you are uncertain about the validity of this offer check it out from Alan before ordering.

This unit connects iPod to CD-changer connectors, so if your bike is not prewired for CD-changer this will not work. Our forum member "NeoSirfir" has tested it on his new model LT and he gets the song titles on the radio display.
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29038

And it should work on older models as well.

Best regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures of various farkle projects:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 8:10 am

I use the same unit on my 2003 and it works as advertised. Song info is shown on the display and it charges the IPOD when playing. When the key is turned off, the IPOD shuts off and there does not appear to be any big power draw. When the key is turned on, the IPOD starts up right where it left off. You can also change the song and volume with the handlebar controls.
post #3 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 8:22 am

This is the first time I have wished I had the CD changer! (and an iPod for that matter!!)

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect" Mark Twain

post #4 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 10:10 am

Does anyone have a picture or two of the setup? I believe this needs to be mounted in the space used by the CD player? I'm concerned about causing damage to the unit while carrying luggage and would like to see how it's mounted.

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #5 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 1:40 pm

Mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
Does anyone have a picture or two of the setup? I believe this needs to be mounted in the space used by the CD player? I'm concerned about causing damage to the unit while carrying luggage and would like to see how it's mounted.
Kevin

As it is basicly designed for a car, it comes with a nice long lead one end plugs into the existing CD connectors in the pannier/car trunk. The iPod gets plugged in the other end and the burlb on the web site says that could be next to the radio on the centre console.

Regards

Graham Wintersgill
On the bonnnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

2001 K1200LT

1995 K75RT now deceased
post #6 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 1:50 pm

I made a simple sheet metal cover that goes in the bottom of the right saddlebag and the unit is under that using two sided tape (along with the extra cord). It takes a little of the bottom of the bag away for luggage but not much. I routed the IPOD cord up to the oddments box where I keep my IPOD (2nd gen Nano).

I'll try to remember and takes some pics tonight.
post #7 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Thanks guys, I was under the impression that it would be mounted in the saddle bag, I like the idea of being able to mount it semi-permanently so that it's secure from theft and protected from weather. I'll wait to see the pics and then get some ideas on where to put it - it sounds like something I can really use.
Thanks for the heads up on this product!!

post #8 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 5:13 pm

Just ordered one.
Thanks for posting here. I don't check the Ipod forum regularly.

Joe
2005 BMW K1200LT
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
post #9 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Here are a couple of pics of the way I have it mounted. The sheet metal plate uses the bolt that hold the CD changer in place. The NEOPRO is fastened to the bottom of the plate with heavy duty foam double back tape. Also the extra cable is coiled up and stored under the plate.

The IPOD is in the oddments box. I have a hard plastic case on the IPOD to keep it from getting damaged from bouncing or vibration. So far so good and it works great.

My apologies in advance if the picture attachments don't work out well. It's my first time to attach anything to a post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saddlebag 1.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	16602   Click image for larger version

Name:	oddments.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	16603  
post #10 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 8:57 pm

I owe you guys a beer! Thanks for the pictures and THANK YOU ARI for arranging this for all of us! I ordered mine and even got free shipping! Can't beat that!

post #11 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 9:19 pm

Ipod Kit

Ari,

Thank you for setting up this group purchase.
I just ordered mine.
$158.39 with free shipping.

I look forward to installing the kit.

Mirage
2005 BMW K1200LT
post #12 of 72 Old Feb 13th, 2008, 9:51 pm
Mister Moto

Thanks Ari! Mine's on the way too.

>Kevin

1 x Neo Pro Link - PODBMWTV1 () = $179.99
------------------------------------------------------
Discount Coupon BMWLT.com applied: -$21.60
Sub-Total: $158.39
Free Shipping (7-14 Business Days): $0.00
Total: $158.39

>K-daug

aka: studio4design
'06 LT "Shamu"

post #13 of 72 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 7:05 am

Do I have this right?

You can pull out the 6 disc changer. Wire the ipod to this device.
The ipod is integrated and powered.
Can I just stick my ipod in the right case with this device?
Is this a tough install? Do I have to take all the tupperwear off to get to the radio controls?
Am I going to have to run wiring up to the oddements box? Is that difficult?
I have all my cd music on my ipod, this sounds too good to be true..
Jeff

08 R1200GSA
04 K12LT (Sold)
97 R1100GS (Sold)
SS1000--IB # 32778

post #14 of 72 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 7:48 am

Justlookin,

You can really mount the IPOD anywhere you like on the bike (within the length of cable they provide, which is pretty long). I thought about the trunk and saddlebag but thought that the oddments box seemed to be ideal as it's easy to get at and not subject to cargo shifting around. Running the cable was not too hard and only the left side panel needs to be removed to have full access to the grommet where the wires enter the oddments box. You might be able to get by with only taking a few screws out and pull the rear of the panel back but it's not that hard to just take the whole thing off. At least then you can properly tie the cable along it's entire route. With the exception of running the IPOD cable to the oddments box, the rest is plug and play. Remove the changer, plug the Neo device into the cables that came off the changer, plug in your IPOD, turn on the ignition and wait for it to initialize and your done. Before running the cable permanently I wanted to test it and it took all of 5 minutes before I was hearing tunes. You will have to wait for the initialization process as the bikes audio system will not pick it up as a changer until that happens. If you push the CD button (?) too soon it will just bypass it as not there. But don't give up hope, it will work. One thing though, if you have an IPOD with a hard drive, you may want to protect it with some foam as hard drives and vibration don't play well together which may affect your final location. My NANO is solid state so that issue is not a problem. My NANO is a generation 2 unit (long and skinny) but I have been told by the NEO folks that it will work with new generation 3 NANO which is a bit smaller.
Good luck on the install. It's one of the better (although expensive) additions I have made. Just wish I could have bought it with a discount like you guys .
post #15 of 72 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 8:46 am

Ordered one..
I may send in a old fm transmitter as well. I wonder if they will take another $20 off..
I'm looking forward to getting the extra room in the rt case, and the CDs were skipping anyway.

Jeff

08 R1200GSA
04 K12LT (Sold)
97 R1100GS (Sold)
SS1000--IB # 32778

post #16 of 72 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 11:24 am

I just ordered one too. I will post later when I get it and have it installed.
post #17 of 72 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 1:26 pm

Looks like what I have been looking for. But I have a few questions before I order.

I have an 07 LT that has a single CD, but no CD changer. My dealer said it was not pre-wired for the changer either. What's other items will I need to purchase? Any help would be great.
post #18 of 72 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 2:11 pm

Garage
Re: Group purchase open for NeoProLink

Just bought mine also. swapping cd magazines was such a pain! looking forward to using it!!
post #19 of 72 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 2:32 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston07LT
Looks like what I have been looking for. But I have a few questions before I order.

I have an 07 LT that has a single CD, but no CD changer. My dealer said it was not pre-wired for the changer either. What's other items will I need to purchase? Any help would be great.
You will definitely need number 3 on the attached pic and maybe #1.
#3 is $28,#1 is $144.....prices from Chicago BMW

dan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cable.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	16614  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp cd-cable.bmp (243.3 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by DanMartin; Feb 14th, 2008 at 2:43 pm. Reason: added better file
post #20 of 72 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 6:36 pm

Can someone tell me is this the same as the Dice.
post #21 of 72 Old Feb 14th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Just ordered - finally THE solution.

Thanks Ari!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #22 of 72 Old Feb 15th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Ltride,

This is not the same unit as the DICE.
This unit displays song tracks on the 2005 and later bikes.

Mirage
post #23 of 72 Old Feb 16th, 2008, 5:25 pm
Mister Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage
Ltride,

This is not the same unit as the DICE.
This unit displays song tracks on the 2005 and later bikes.

Mirage
Maybe not! I just installed mine on my '06 LT and all I'm getting is CD# and TRACK#, no song titles. Works as advertised, "displays text", just not song titles...unless I'm doing something wrong? Anyone else plugged their NeoPro in? Only took 5 minutes for me to get it functioning, let me know if you've got song titles on your LT. Maybe I just misunderstood, I'm planning on calling them on Monday.

>K-daug

'06 LT "Shamu"

post #24 of 72 Old Feb 17th, 2008, 1:29 am Thread Starter

Hi Kevin, before ordering my 10 units I wrote to our forum member NeoSirfir and I got the following response:

Originally Posted by pozo_izquierdo
Hello Alan,

....When I wrote to the seller of the units asking about this song title display I got the following answer:
[font=Tms Rmn]
"On the text, there may be some limitations on the 05 - 06 radio with the text only... But even if you do have text you wont be looking at it, especially not to navigate between songs."

How would you comment that?

"Ari,
The response you got was the same wording on the product installation document. Before I installed the unit and was reading the instructions and got to that part, I was worried. After installation and connection with my latest generation 80GB Ipod, the songs and other tag info (artist and album i think) did scroll on the display where your Radio station would usually show up.

I was more than happy with the performance of the unit and the benefits from having control at my fingertips and information on the proper screen. Now, I will say that moving between playlists is a little tricky, but I usually have a single "riding" playlist that i make sure is on Shuffle and if a song comes up that I'm not in the mood for, I just skip the track using the thumb control.

Good luck with the installation...since you've all got the CD changer, you're 90% done...it really is plug and play. Enjoy!!!

Alan"

So, according to this the song titles should be visible. This is all I know for now, as my unit is still somewhere acroos the Atlantic...

Regards

Hyvinkää, Finland

post #25 of 72 Old Feb 17th, 2008, 9:23 am
Mister Moto

Ari,

Thanks, I agree the song titles should be visible and I'm sure the NeoProLink is functioning correctly. It's a great product (similar to the DICE unit) and I'm very happy with it. My disappointment is with the '05-'06 BMW display, which apparently does not pick up the ID3 tags being sent. It doesn't work with my CD's either so I should not be suprised...I was just hoping they had somehow found a way to get them through to the display. It would have bee great to be able to view and select the playlists without having to dig out the ipod and manually change them. I will most likely route the iPod cord to the oddments box to be able to do that more easily, not exactly what I was hoping for.

>K-daug

'06 LT "Shamu"

post #26 of 72 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 6:18 pm

We Was Robbed!!!

WE WAS ROBBED!!!

I just got mine today and it is EXACTLY like the Dice unit I already have. So I went to the Dice site only to find out - this is the Dice Silverline.

I have the older Dice model so I'll get the new features - which is what I wanted.

These sell on a very famous auction site for $146 with no tax and that INCLUDES free shipping!

Since I had to pay tax, I paid $170 for something I could have had for $146.

I'll look before I leap next time.

mike p
2005 BMW K1200LT (got it in July 2007)
2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R (parked next to the LT)
1982 Suzuki GS-750EZ (paid $500
for it in 1985, sold it for $450 in 2000)
1978 Honda CB-500F (sold in 1980)
1976 Honda CB-400F (drowned to
death in the blizzard of 1978 in Boston)
post #27 of 72 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 6:34 pm
Mister Moto

I only paid $158... only twelve dollars lost. It may not be what we thought, but it's still the best thing out there for the iPod to CD Player connection. Any ideas out there on how to view the playlist names on an '05 and up LT?

>K-daug

'06 LT "Shamu"

post #28 of 72 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Were we really robbed?
I have not even opened the box yet.. Oh well. I'll still give it a try.
Live & learn.... What is it they say? "If it sounds to good to be true?"
Jeff

08 R1200GSA
04 K12LT (Sold)
97 R1100GS (Sold)
SS1000--IB # 32778

post #29 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 12:45 am Thread Starter

Re: We Was Robbed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiker
WE WAS ROBBED!!!

I just got mine today and it is EXACTLY like the Dice unit I already have. So I went to the Dice site only to find out - this is the Dice Silverline.

I have the older Dice model so I'll get the new features - which is what I wanted.

These sell on a very famous auction site for $146 with no tax and that INCLUDES free shipping!

Hey Mike, sorry for your loss, but I ordered ten units...
No wonder they were able to give the discount so easily

As far as connectivity with post-05 bikes is concerned I have totally trusted on the experience of Alan (NeoSirfir) who convinced me that he got the song titles showing on his 06 LT...
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29038 and I even PM:d him on this matter and he confirmed it works. I orderd my unit and the units for all the other riders as well just for this reason as I have the Ice>Link already...

Now I'm, wonderding since he has not commented on this thread that would he have some affiliation with the seller...you know, NEOProLink and NEOSirfir...
I just hope this is not the case.

Regards

Hyvinkää, Finland

post #30 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 1:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston07LT

Check out this answer.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showpost...19&postcount=4

Rick G.
2005 K1200LT 'Prom Queen'
2005 DL-1000 V-Strom 'Moose'
post #31 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 8:33 am

Maybe I missed the answer here but can I use this if I do not have a CD player? Does the 2000 LT have a CD plug even if the option is not installed?
thanks,
Hip

1985 K100RT 90k
1981 R100RT 56k miles Sold
2000 K1200LT 48k miles Sold
2003 Victory Vegas-12k miles Sold
1982 Suzuki GS550L only 299 miles Sold
1997 Yamaha Vmax-15k miles Sold
1996 Suzuki DR650-17k miles Sold
1996 R1100RT-27k miles Sold
1995 K1100LT-85k miles Sold
1982 Honda CB900F-33k mikes Sold
BMWMOA 138762[/I]
post #32 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 8:51 am

Re: We Was Robbed!!!

Quote:
WE WAS ROBBED!!!

Damn, that sucks.
I got mine yesterday, I havent' opened the box yet so I guess I could send it back and get the DICE unit.
I went back to look at my order:

1 x Neo Pro Link - PODBMWTV1 () = $179.99
------------------------------------------------------
Discount Coupon BMWLT.com applied: -$21.60
Sub-Total: $158.39
Free Shipping (7-14 Business Days): $0.00
Total: $158.39

Ah well, for the $12 buck difference I won't bother - it just goes to show there's always a better deal for something. although since I was under the impression the DICE unit was not a good solution, I wouldn't have bought anything, so at least this way I will have my IPOD tunes in time for Spring!

post #33 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 11:54 am

Thanks again Ari,
I don't feel robbed the Neo Pro also guarantees it supports iPhone, which is what I need.
post #34 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 1:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipperfeet
Thanks again Ari,
I don't feel robbed the Neo Pro also guarantees it supports iPhone, which is what I need.
Just to be clear:

The NeoProLink and the Dice Silverline are EXACTLY the same thing. Same case, same cables, same case, same electronics, same features - SAME INSTRUCTION SHEET!!

All they do at NeoProLink is put a different glue-on logo on the unit.

Of course, I didn't know until I got mine yesterday and opened the box and went "wow - this is exactly the same as what I have," only to figure out I had last years unit and this years model has the text and power off.

The good news for me is that last year, I shortened the Dice cable down to about 18" so it was a clean install (see picture), so now all I have to do is unplug the old unit and plug in the new one to get the extra features.

I like the idea of seeing the text info, but the reason that put me over the top to get the new one is that it now shuts off the iPod when the bike is powered off. I had to hook up the Battery Tender if I wasn't going to ride for 3 or more days, otherwise, the battery would die.

Here's the pic. The old Dice unit is on the bottom right of the saddlebag. Look familiar?

mike p
post #35 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 3:18 pm

Mike, that's a great pic of the typical installs for the LT! It looks like you got the bike without the CD changer?
I haven't torn into mine yet, I'm waiting for some free time to do the IPOD, and a GPS and I need to adjust my HID bulb to get the beam more centered. After looking at that pic, I may just have to add the autocom too!!

post #36 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 5:20 pm

Do you know if it will work with a 99 LT?? The dice website specifically says they do not support anything older than a 2000.

I have nothing, not even the CD changer. I don't even know if I have the little pig tail sticking out the back of the radio for the (then) factory option CD changer. I do have a CD button on the radio.

Plan A:

Order the two BMW CD cables from Tony. Install them as instructed, and with Dan Martin's experience/help. $100

Order the Neo kit, or the Dice Silverline kit. Is there any difference at all?? I'm not gonna argue over $12, and would rather support the group buy, but someone said they had issues with the radio's text on the Neo kit. $200

Buy an Ipod, not an MP3 player, for about $150.

Plan B:

Buy an MP3 player. Buy a cassette tape interface device. Buy an inline amplifier. Hook it up. Open the lid every time I want to change to the next track. $80, start to finish.

Any thoughts??

Robert
post #37 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Sorry guys, but I'm a little confused.
This unit will display song info, but not playlist info on '05 and newer bikes?

Joe
2005 BMW K1200LT
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
post #38 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 6:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
Mike, that's a great pic of the typical installs for the LT! It looks like you got the bike without the CD changer?
Is this typical? I haven't seen any other photos of electronics posted here. I'd love to, so if you see some, point me at 'em.

YES! The bike came with the CD player. Want to buy it? It's sitting on my office floor waiting for me to auction/sell it.

It popped right out - took less than 10 minutes - very self-explanatory.

mike p
post #39 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 9:53 pm
Mister Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josmas
Sorry guys, but I'm a little confused.
This unit will display song info, but not playlist info on '05 and newer bikes?
Nope, neither on the '05 and '06, not sure about '07 and '08. Here's what you see on my '06LT:

You can change the track number up an down with the arrow controls on your bike, just like you would change CD tracks...but you have to manually select the Artist or Album or Playlist on your iPod. At least until someone finds a workaround. I'd sure like to hear from NEOSirfir and find out if he somehow managed to bypass the problem.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	K1200LT_disp.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	16750  

>K-daug

'06 LT "Shamu"

post #40 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 11:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-daug
Nope, neither on the '05 and '06, not sure about '07 and '08. Here's what you see on my '06LT:

You can change the track number up an down with the arrow controls on your bike, just like you would change CD tracks...but you have to manually select the Artist or Album or Playlist on your iPod. At least until someone finds a workaround. I'd sure like to hear from NEOSirfir and find out if he somehow managed to bypass the problem.
Is that the new Neo ProLink we've been ordering? Everything on the web site of both Neo ProLink and Dice Electronics says it shows the text info. Your display is what my old Dice box does.

BTW - there is a way to change playlists. I believe the manual explains it. But like everything else in the BMW sound system, it takes a savant to remember the steps.

mike p
post #41 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 11:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-daug

Try moving somewhere warmer. Jeez.
post #42 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 11:15 pm
Mister Moto

Quote:
Is that the new Neo ProLink we've been ordering? Everything on the web site of both Neo ProLink and Dice Electronics says it shows the text info. Your display is what my old Dice box does.
Yes this is the new NEOProLink/DICE Silverline which works as advertised, except for the BMW '05-'06 display. I blame the BMW CD player for not reading the ID3 tags...any other thoughts out there?

>K-daug

'06 LT "Shamu"

post #43 of 72 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 11:18 pm
Mister Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildernessJeep
Try moving somewhere warmer. Jeez.
Tell me about it! It's 12° right now, under the lunar eclipse.

>Kevin

>K-daug

'06 LT "Shamu"

post #44 of 72 Old Feb 21st, 2008, 8:30 am

So nobody has tried this with a 99 LT yet??? Am I gonna be the guniea pig???

What is the difference between the 99 radio and later year models???

Robert

Last edited by WildernessJeep; Feb 21st, 2008 at 8:41 am.
post #45 of 72 Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 4:26 pm

Garage

Installed my NeoPro on Wed. I let it initialize as per the instructions and all text came up as a scroll(song title & artist). I still need to secure my ipod, but I haven't had a problem with skipping.
post #46 of 72 Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 4:47 pm

BeemerFan, what year LT do you have? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerfan
Installed my NeoPro on Wed. I let it initialize as per the instructions and all text came up as a scroll(song title & artist). I still need to secure my ipod, but I haven't had a problem with skipping.
post #47 of 72 Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 2:09 am

I would sure like to se a screenshot of NEOsirfir's display with the scrolling text!

I had the IceLink, which worked just as the version 1 dice unit......Until it fried and cost me ten hours of diagnostic labor time at the shop....Ouch. This doesn't sounds much different than the Icelink which had auto power shutoff and CD and track display and controls.

Unless NEOsirFir can show a display photo on a '05 and later bike, I'll consider this a unfortunate con job. I was about to his submit on my order too. That was close!

2005 LT AKA:"PHAT BOY"
Dark Graphite

post #48 of 72 Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:32 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPNorton
I

Unless NEOsirFir can show a display photo on a '05 and later bike, I'll consider this a unfortunate con job. I was about to his submit on my order too. That was close!
Yeah, tell me about it...I PM:d NeoSirfir two-three days ago with the same request, no reply When I was still considering my order two weeks ago I PM:d him (about this text display issue) and got his reply instantly. But that was before I had placed the order...
Maybe he is away from his computer, let's hope so.

Unless so, he sure had a good cover story.

Regards

Hyvinkää, Finland

post #49 of 72 Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:41 am

Garage

I've got a '00
post #50 of 72 Old Feb 28th, 2008, 2:58 pm Thread Starter

Hi again guys,

tonight I received the following message from the iCarKits:

Ari,
Good news... It looks like we are getting in a slightly updated version of the BMW adapter which MAY be able to do text on the 05+ K1200 motorcycles.

We are going to be testing it ourselves over the next few days and hopefully will have your order split 50 / 50 with the new and old... That way you can use the OLD (tried and true) with pre 05 K1200s and use the new ones where applicable. Ill keep you posted.

Your order hasn't shipped yet but your order is all ready and confirmed... ill get you over some tracking when available.

Thanks!

Alan

Well well, isn't this funny...Obviously this hassle has helped somewhat. I am still waiting for reply from "NeoSirfir". Who knows, maybe here it was...

Let's see how their tests will come out.

Regards

Hyvinkää, Finland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in