bmw k1200 Lt Heated switch - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Feb 8th, 2008, 9:17 pm Thread Starter

bmw k1200 Lt Heated switch

Hi guys .
I need replace my heated front seat switch (2005 BMW LT).Does anybody knows a place to buy ? Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 8:09 am

Place it on the LEFT side....

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2taq
Hi guys .
I need replace my heated front seat switch (2005 BMW LT).Does anybody knows a place to buy ? Thank You
Don't know where you can get the replacement, But when you do, place it on the other (left) side. Much safer to use while riding!

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #3 of 9 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 8:38 am

If no luck, stop by a Radio Shack. I have seen many switches there(like the heated) and they may have one that will work for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!

post #4 of 9 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 8:52 am

Wink

Just out of curiosity why do you need to replace the switch? If it's missing that's a no brainer, but if it's due to operation of the switch I feel the need to mention that it is a "Center" off type swith. In other words, when you rock it forward it is on Hi, and when you rock it back it is on Low. The only time it is off is when it is in the center position.

I only bring this up because many of us here found that out the hard way. Who reads instructions before riding a Bike anyway? In fact one of our NW members has a favorite tale about how his wife would not quit complaining about how hot the seat was on one of their first summer rides. He told her it was off, only to find out later that it was in the High position!

Just in case,

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2taq
Hi guys .

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #5 of 9 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 9:05 am

I've got a spare. Same as the heated grip switch.
I was able to fix my old one so if you can find a price we can make a deal.
Part # 61 31 1 459 234

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

post #6 of 9 Old Feb 9th, 2008, 10:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFish
Just out of curiosity why do you need to replace the switch? If it's missing that's a no brainer, but if it's due to operation of the switch I feel the need to mention that it is a "Center" off type swith. In other words, when you rock it forward it is on Hi, and when you rock it back it is on Low. The only time it is off is when it is in the center position.

I only bring this up because many of us here found that out the hard way. Who reads instructions before riding a Bike anyway? In fact one of our NW members has a favorite tale about how his wife would not quit complaining about how hot the seat was on one of their first summer rides. He told her it was off, only to find out later that it was in the High position!

Just in case,

John
ME TOO!
post #7 of 9 Old Feb 10th, 2008, 7:50 am Thread Starter

Hi Allan if you have a new one(OEM) please tell me how much you are selling for!
Thank you all .
post #8 of 9 Old Feb 10th, 2008, 8:05 am

I do have a new one. OEM, in the package................
It has a picture of the handgrip on it because the switches are both the same, but my dealer ordered this one for me and meantime I fixed the old one........( replaced the spring)........................................... .............
You'll have to investigate the orientation, low/high, front/rear.
Seems I paid about $37.00 for it..............I know it was way too overpriced so I'm fairly certain that's it................................................ ................
How about $20 and I'll pay to send it ?
[email protected]

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

Last edited by STARFIGHTER; Feb 10th, 2008 at 8:28 am. Reason: adding email
post #9 of 9 Old Feb 12th, 2008, 7:58 pm Thread Starter

Switch

Thank you for replay.If you have paypal send me the bill with usps first class is about a $1.00.total $21 .I will be goin over seas for 5 weeks monday if I received the invoce before that ok or I check my email for your contact.
My email is :[email protected]
Thanks again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in