Bag Lights - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 7:52 pm Thread Starter

Bag Lights

Can someone post the site that sells the lights for our bags. I looked at them once, you remove the reflectors and then install these LED lights. The company even gives you a refund for sending your old reflectors back to them.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 8:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Can someone post the site that sells the lights for our bags. I looked at them once, you remove the reflectors and then install these LED lights. The company even gives you a refund for sending your old reflectors back to them.

Thanks for the help!
Clicky clicky here
post #3 of 10 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
And while you're doing the saddlebags, take a look at these goodies. Same custom maker (Larry Schumer). I've got a set to install, once I start putting ole Toad back together following major service.

post #4 of 10 Old Jan 31st, 2008, 8:14 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks!
I just placed my order!
post #5 of 10 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 8:04 am

Quote:
Those are awesome, Dick, but probably wouldn't handle a tip over too well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #6 of 10 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 10:18 am

Akshully, a mild tip-over does not reach the reflector/lights DAMHIK. One that was loud enuf to hear inside a store took a peppercorn chip out of the reflector edge, but could not be seen from 5ft away.

Puttin a set on the 07 as soon as the garage temp is above zero!

Jim Taylor
Minneapolis
07 Black LT "Dancing Heart", 03 Quantum "Ice"
02 Black LTC "Raven" (RIP 8/26/06)
08 Can-Am Spyder (hers) (#731)
post #7 of 10 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 1:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick
Those are awesome, Dick, but probably wouldn't handle a tip over too well.
Chick - you talkin' about the saddlebag lights, or the bumper lights? If saddlebag, they prolly aren't any more prone to damage than the OEM stock stuff.

If the bumper lights, here is what I did. Rather than do 'em myself, I asked Larry to make 'em up for me. I put amber LEDs along the forward leading edge, and red LEDs along the trailing edge, BUTT, left a gap between the two - right at the bend/touchdown area of the bumper. I think if the drop is of the normal kind, I'll be ok, as evidenced by my previous experience!!! If it's severe, as in a skidding drop, then I'm out the bumper and the lights and I get to replace 'em. Butt, they're not all that expensive - prolly would've been smarter of me to order two sets, butt ........

I'll be installing my sets within the week, hopefully, and plan on putting a pic or two on the site. May run 'em in this thread.
post #8 of 10 Old Feb 1st, 2008, 1:36 pm

Quote:
Chick - you talkin' about the saddlebag lights, or the bumper lights? If saddlebag, they prolly aren't any more prone to damage than the OEM stock stuff.

If the bumper lights, here is what I did. Rather than do 'em myself, I asked Larry to make 'em up for me. I put amber LEDs along the forward leading edge, and red LEDs along the trailing edge, BUTT, left a gap between the two - right at the bend/touchdown area of the bumper. I think if the drop is of the normal kind, I'll be ok, as evidenced by my previous experience!!! If it's severe, as in a skidding drop, then I'm out the bumper and the lights and I get to replace 'em. Butt, they're not all that expensive - prolly would've been smarter of me to order two sets, butt ........

I'll be installing my sets within the week, hopefully, and plan on putting a pic or two on the site. May run 'em in this thread.
Dick:

I was referring to the bumper lights. Will be interested in seeing your pics when finished. They look like they would be a good idea.

Chick

Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #9 of 10 Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 10:28 pm

Saddlebag reflector lites

Larry makes a quality product there. I installed them (they also act as blinkers) and I firmly believe they add to your visibility.

Tim Hustead
Sea Marshal, U.S. Coast Guard
Sector Seattle
post #10 of 10 Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 7:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMarshal
Larry makes a quality product there. I installed them (they also act as blinkers) and I firmly believe they add to your visibility.
and they look stock, and they operate as running lights, and they look "right" -- not gawdy like some of the Goldwing lights that are over-the-top.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in