Shell ADVANCE synthetic motorcycle oil in USA 2006 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Dec 7th, 2005, 9:12 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Shell ADVANCE synthetic motorcycle oil in USA 2006

I just got the following email from Shell in Europe.

Dear Biker,

Thank you very much for your email. Availability in the US of Shell Advance Ultra 4 and Shell Advance Racing X is currently pending US Trade authorities approval. They are expected to be available in early 2006, so look for them at your local Ducati dealership around that time. We will keep your details on file and let you know of any developments in supplying Shell Advance to the USA.

Regards,
Shell Advance Biker helpdesk

[email protected]

These oils have been marketed all over the world for years and you might have noticed Shell pectins and ADVANCE stickers on alot of the top race bikes. They sponsor racing overseas in many levels and should be a top notch motor oil here in the USA. As a Shell retiree, I am very excited about ADVANCE finally becoming available in the USA. Info on ADVANCE can be found http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=advance-en

Has anybody tried these oils?

Last edited by TimVipond; Dec 7th, 2005 at 9:23 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Dec 7th, 2005, 9:45 am

Thumbs up

Hello Tim. I am not familiar with the Shell Advance oil(s) you've referred to but I'm a satisfied user of Shell Rotella 15w40 dino (while the '05 is in break-in mode) as well as a satisfied user of Shell Rotella 10w40 synthetic oil used in both of my LT's. Thanks for the heads up!
post #3 of 6 Old Dec 7th, 2005, 10:02 am Thread Starter

Bruce,

How does the Rotella compare with the original BMW (synthetic or petroleum?) oil. Things like gas mileage, engine temperatures, etc. Does your manual say 15W40 is OK? If not, you might void your warranty in the almost unheard of case if something were to go wrong with the engine.

post #4 of 6 Old Dec 7th, 2005, 10:23 am

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVipond
These oils have been marketed all over the world for years and you might have noticed Shell pectins and ADVANCE stickers on alot of the top race bikes.
As soon as somebody makes these claims, I run over to the MotoGP site. After all, those are the 'real' top races in my book. Well lo & behold, those MotoGP Ducati boys really do use the stuff. I also surfed the Shell Motorsport pages, and found some interesting reading. There's even a Riding Tips page that beginners and advanced riders alike should review from time to time.

All that to say, thanks for the heads-up. I'll be looking for your post when this stuff hits the shelves in the US.
post #5 of 6 Old Dec 7th, 2005, 10:29 am

I use the Rotella Syn 15-40 in my 99' and it performs great. Here in Texas it gets pretty warm in the summer and cruising the Hwy. the temp needle is just below 1/2 mark.

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans

Jerry P. Hatley
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 R1200RT (Betty Lou)
2009 Harley Roadglide (sold)
2007 Goldwing (sold)
1999 BMW K1200LT (sold)
2004 Harley Ultra Classic (sold)
2002 Harley Ultra Classic (sold)
1998 Harley Roadking Classic (sold)
post #6 of 6 Old Dec 7th, 2005, 12:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
As soon as somebody makes these claims, I run over to the MotoGP site. After all, those are the 'real' top races in my book. Well lo & behold, those MotoGP Ducati boys really do use the stuff. I also surfed the Shell Motorsport pages, and found some interesting reading. There's even a Riding Tips page that beginners and advanced riders alike should review from time to time.

All that to say, thanks for the heads-up. I'll be looking for your post when this stuff hits the shelves in the US.

i sure wish i could find that oil comparison done not to many years ago, it marked shell rotella t Syn, as the number one in syn oil with amsoil 2nd

it was an independant study done but I'll be darn if I can remember by who

Tom (still using amsoil as i can't find the shell up here)

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in